Help Muris!, Okay, some simple help?
Marco Fattori
Jan 26 2010, 03:42 AM
GMC:er
Sorry I don't know much about music theory, but I need help transcribing a very fast part of a song, Its a couple seconds long, and its by a band called "Deluhi" and the song title is called "Hybrid Truth".

So I've transcribed the whole song except the beginning because It's too difficult for my ears. Even slowing it down it becomes blurred and muffled to the point where its not clear, I've made many attempts but I guess music theory behind it would help as to whats being played.

For one thing I know there diminished arpeggios, and I know for a fact the song is in "Drop C" tuning but if anyone here would be kind enough to help me transcribe this piece so I can complete my tab.

Here is the video for the general song. The part I need to be transcribed is from 0:27 till 0:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIn2_8dg0Gg

Here is the live version, for it to see where its played I guess would be around 0:11 till 0:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owWvZx5gso0

Its kind of harmonized which makes it a tone more difficult to transcribe but here was my attempt to just find the notes. I did this just to randomly find the notes even if it was in standard E, though its in Drop C. Also I would need help with correct positioning.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ydjhymjtnen

Thanks in advance!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 28 2010, 06:52 AM
Instructor
Hi Marco.

Imo you did good job with GP, it is dim7 arpeggio and it can be played in many positions
using different fingering, adding slides, taps etc.
The only thing that you have missed, at least from what I have seen in live version,
is that heavier position shift, when he goes back down to cc 3-4 fret position.
Sorry for not being more helpful here but I kind a hate ]tabbing and transcribing,
I never even tabbed 95% of my own work, that says a lot, keep it up. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Marco Fattori
Jan 29 2010, 12:33 AM
GMC:er
Thanks so much, at least I know what it is, but how can you sweep those so fast, you should consider doing a lesson on Diminished 7th Arpeggios, etc wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:51 AM