2 Pages V   1 2 >  
This Is Wrong And Someone Should Speak Up!
TreyDeschamp
Jul 25 2008, 06:24 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
So I was browsing myspace music and I found this band called columbine. That to me is the most disturbing thing ever. It's the 3 worst school massacre in america!

This is were the link should be....

If you would like to check them out look for yourself on youtube or myspace
To me its sick how someone could make a band name out of the death of kids.
Its wrong. mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 25 2008, 07:28 AM
GMC:er
Maybe it's an hommage to the victims? I don't know. I don't care.
Someone mentioned the importance of tolerance in another thred.
Live and let live.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 25 2008, 10:54 AM
Instructor
blindwillie is rigth. Live and let others to live. Those guys might named the band before the event, or even if they did after, who knows what they were thinking, so I you don't know that, it's pretty difficult to judge. After all it is not their fault for that event took place sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Rooks
Jul 25 2008, 11:20 AM
There's equally immoral band names out there way more popular.. Some people just like being provocative or maybe they want to demonstrate their contempt for the world we live in.. Art can be terrible and dystopic. It's hard to discuss what's artistic freedom and whats not..

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 25 2008, 04:05 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jul 25 2008, 01:28 AM) *
Maybe it's an hommage to the victims? I don't know. I don't care.
Someone mentioned the importance of tolerance in another thred.
Live and let live.

i dont think there honoring the victims. If you look at there pics on myspace it looks like they all work for the house of shock in New Orleans, LA. There are other bands that have probably done the same thing but I gets I dont like it just because I have studied up on it so much.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 25 2008, 04:06 PM
Instructor
I'm usually quite tolerant when it comes to band-names.. i grew up with metal of all styles and i've listened to some bands with quite some names smile.gif

But a thing i will never tolerate is when metal bands takes names after WW2 concentration camps and similar and put pictures of ww2 victims on the covers and glorifies the whole thing. In short, bands who support neonazis and racism.
The sad thing is that more and more of these bands keep popping up, and more and more listen to them thinking it's no big deal since someone else they know does it.

Sorry for the rant biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 25 2008, 04:12 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jul 25 2008, 10:06 AM) *
I'm usually quite tolerant when it comes to band-names.. i grew up with metal of all styles and i've listened to some bands with quite some names smile.gif

But a thing i will never tolerate is when metal bands takes names after WW2 concentration camps and similar and put pictures of ww2 victims on the covers and glorifies the whole thing. In short, bands who support neonazis and racism.
The sad thing is that more and more of these bands keep popping up, and more and more listen to them thinking it's no big deal since someone else they know does it.

Sorry for the rant biggrin.gif

I'm in full agreement.

Here's the link to there myspace profile
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=17054743

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 25 2008, 04:13 PM
i don't think its that big a deal.. bands will always use stuff like this to get publicity.. the very fact you are worked up about it means they are winning.. just ignore the band if u don't approve of their name or songs and move on.. that way.. if they aren't very good they will fade away and the whole thing will be done with

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 25 2008, 04:17 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jul 25 2008, 10:13 AM) *
i don't think its that big a deal.. bands will always use stuff like this to get publicity.. the very fact you are worked up about it means they are winning.. just ignore the band if u don't approve of their name or songs and move on.. that way.. if they aren't very good they will fade away and the whole thing will be done with

very true....idk i guess what got me all worked up is when you think not about the victims but of there families that might hear about this. its just not something good.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 25 2008, 04:45 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 25 2008, 11:17 AM) *
very true....idk i guess what got me all worked up is when you think not about the victims but of there families that might hear about this. its just not something good.

yea we just have to hope the families never hear about it.. or if they do they just brush it off their sholders and to move on.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 25 2008, 04:55 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 25 2008, 11:17 AM) *

I think you hit the nail on the head there ... that is the single worst aspect of this, the rest you can brush off and ignore, but that right there is a very hurtful thing sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 25 2008, 06:07 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jul 25 2008, 05:13 PM) *

Indeed, just ignore stuff like this, it's the best way to make them dissapointed. They want people to get upset, so don't.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 25 2008, 07:00 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 25 2008, 05:05 PM) *
i dont think there honoring the victims. If you look at there pics on myspace it looks like they all work for the house of shock in New Orleans, LA. There are other bands that have probably done the same thing but I gets I dont like it just because I have studied up on it so much.

I haven't checke it since they don't interested me.
Just wanted to point out that they may have a perfectly valid reason for the naming. I can think of several. And even if I didn't think it was valid, that's my opinion. I can't judge their reasons.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
InThePast
Jul 26 2008, 05:39 PM
If you look at the bands info Daniel Columbine. - vocals , also to me that music is just disturbing

--------------------

Signature By:Me

Guitars:Ibanez RG370 , Ashton SG131
Amp:Shitty Ashton Practice
Effects:DODFX7 , Bad Monkey , JackHammer , TonePort UX1 , Pocket Pod

+Quote Post
fire
Jul 26 2008, 05:48 PM
well - a lot of bands have "violent" names.

RAMMSTEIN is named after a show with airplanes in germany where some planes crashed down and the pilotes died

Children of Bodom - the name comes from a murder close where 4 children were killed horribly and one survived heavily injured - and this child can't remember anything!!

so i think its maybe stupid to call you band like this but - you have to decide youself IMO

cheers

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
stickyfingers
Jul 26 2008, 06:43 PM
QUOTE (fire @ Jul 26 2008, 06:48 PM) *
well - a lot of bands have "violent" names.

RAMMSTEIN is named after a show with airplanes in germany where some planes crashed down and the pilotes died

actually that's not true. the accident site's name was ramstein with one m and rammstein existed before that tragedy occurred.

--------------------
Equip:
Ibanez RG 570
Ibanez RG 547
Boss GT-10
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Ibanez WD7
Fender Deluxe 112 Reverb

+Quote Post
fire
Jul 26 2008, 06:51 PM
sorry but i have to disagree with you:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rammstein#Bandname

this schould clear things up (as i see you'Re from germany)

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jul 27 2008, 02:32 AM
Ramstein Air Force Base is in Germany. It is the headquarters of US Air Forces Europe. Many air shows are performed at these bases, and one of the worst disasters occured there in 1988 resulting in 70 dead. Perhaps the band was named after this base.
Actually, that is in fact, the case...I just looked it up...

This post has been edited by FrankW: Jul 27 2008, 02:36 AM

+Quote Post
kahall
Jul 27 2008, 03:38 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 25 2008, 12:24 AM) *
So I was browsing myspace music and I found this band called columbine. That to me is the most disturbing thing ever. It's the 3 worst school massacre in america!

This is were the link should be....

If you would like to check them out look for yourself on youtube or myspace
To me its sick how someone could make a band name out of the death of kids.
Its wrong. mad.gif

Yeah, I am offended by it, but I am offended by a lot of things I see or hear about. I have also offended others myself and in the U.S. we pretty much have the right to offend who ever we wish. Or: We do not have a right to not be offended. It's all good.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 27 2008, 03:44 AM
QUOTE (kahall @ Jul 26 2008, 10:38 PM) *
Yeah, I am offended by it, but I am offended by a lot of things I see or hear about. I have also offended others myself and in the U.S. we pretty much have the right to offend who ever we wish. Or: We do not have a right to not be offended. It's all good.

Why do people insist on naming bands after tragedies and abomidable things?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:41 AM