Picking
BM
Aug 20 2008, 06:43 PM
GMC:er
Hi
I have been playing a lot and trying to practice alternate picking it's just I can't seem to find a good way to hold the pick. I tried playing Tornado Of Souls last night and I could barely pick it right because I kept changing the way i was holding the pick. How can I find a good way to hold the pick? Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Baptized in a firefight. Hot blood running cold as ice. 44 minutes of target practice. All hell's breaking loose.
Outgunned. Watching the force come to a firefight with a pocket knife.
Getting schooled until they shot Achilles' heel and brought down the beast."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
me213
Aug 20 2008, 06:51 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

This video by Paul Gilbert may help. It certainly helped me!

The Video

EDIT: Oh sorry I didn't see that it was Kris' board.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by me213: Aug 20 2008, 07:43 PM

--------------------
What could more fun than playing the ELECTRIC GUITAR??!!

Paul Gilbert

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 3 2008, 10:26 PM
GMC Founder
Hmm this is a tricky question - there really isn't one way of doing it right.

A wild guess would be that if the pick is moving you might be holding to hard - maybe because you are attempting something which is difficult and you are pushing things a little too much.

I think a solution to your problem could be isolating sections of the song you are practicing (Tornado for instance), and practice extremely slowly while you are making sure to hold the pick in a relaxed way. If you do this regularly your pick grip should improve + plus you will get awesome technique, which really isn't a bad thing either! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:51 PM