Demon Booger! Or Demon Bugger?
Todd Simpson
Sep 5 2012, 11:27 PM
GMC:er
Or Dimmu Bogir? I can never get it right. How do you guys pronounce this bands name?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
The Uncreator
Sep 5 2012, 11:30 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Dee-Moo, Bor-Gear

Thats how I do it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 6 2012, 10:30 AM
Instructor
With a thread title like that.. I really didn't know what to expect !! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 5 2012, 11:30 PM) *
Dee-Moo, Bor-Gear

Thats how I do it

Pretty much how I do it, except I say the first word more like Di-mmu.. but I think your way is more accurate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 6 2012, 10:43 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ha, I also thought I'd learn some more "Toddisms" in this thread biggrin.gif

Like Ben said, I also say Di-mmu. Well...let's just agree it's not Demon laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 6 2012, 10:53 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 5 2012, 11:30 PM) *
Dee-Moo, Bor-Gear

Thats how I do it

Me too and everyone else I know!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 6 2012, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys smile.gif I always fumble over it when talking bands "borger, bugger, borgier"

Todd

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 6 2012, 04:22 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Call them Dummi Burger, they like that ;-)

This post has been edited by Marcus Siepen: Sep 6 2012, 04:22 PM

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Sep 6 2012, 04:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not Dee-Moo Bor-Gear, because you need the sound of 2 M's

So: Deem-Moo Bor-Gear would be better.

Or simply hear it here

No jokes about this awesome band from the north!

And it means something like "Dark Castle/Fortress"

http://www.northiceland.is/SearchResults/A...ion/dimmuborgir

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Sep 6 2012, 04:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 6 2012, 05:03 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I didn't know this, I thought Silenoz once mentioned something about the Lord of the Rings, even though I never new where Dimmu Borgir appears in the book... well, great band anyway

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 6 2012, 06:29 PM
I thought Dimmur Borgir were the names of lava fields?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 6 2012, 08:45 PM
Instructor
Dee-moo - Bor - gir

I remember this band when I was in Russia I know a lot of guys who are crazy about it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 7 2012, 09:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 6 2012, 06:29 PM) *
I thought Dimmur Borgir were the names of lava fields?

I also read it was the name of a frozen lava flow in Iceland...

Either way, they've made a very unusual band name work for them smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2012, 05:59 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Sep 6 2012, 11:22 AM) *
Call them Dummi Burger, they like that ;-)

Nice! smile.gif Got a big giggle on that. I"ll remember that if I see them live!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Sep 11 2012, 10:32 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 5 2012, 06:27 PM) *
Or Dimmu Bogir? I can never get it right. How do you guys pronounce this bands name?

You totally made me think of Metalocalypse! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Sep 11 2012, 10:59 PM
Dimmu Borgir means "dark cities" or "dark castles/fortresses" in Icelandic. The name was derived from a volcanic formation in Iceland, and yes I believe it was mentioned in "Lord Of The Rings".

It's pronounced "dim-moo bore-gear". "Dim Moo Burgers" or "Dummy Burgers" does have a better ring to it, lol.

The band "Dimmu Borgir" is what you get when you reject religion and follow the Diaboli (devil)... black metal, but with bad face makeup, a joke of a music video and poor satantic lyrics.

Edited for language and inappropriate content: The Uncreator

Nice huh? The try hard videos and voices do however make me laugh my head off. Such a waste of music.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Sep 12 2012, 12:34 AM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 12 2012, 12:44 AM
I must say your continual strive to make everything a religious discussion is getting out of hand, not only were the lyrics or there contextual message not even a point of discussion, you were in no way provoked to post such an extremely off topic post. It seems you are antagonizing those who enjoy this music every time you do this, and I am sick of it. GMC is a forum of many peoples with many faiths, and for the six years I have spent on here we respect that. Friendly, intelligent debates have been had, but this is neither friendly or intelligent. You should learn that your faith is not the only faith, and that my music is not some subversive, evil force - and this is exactly how you portray everything that is strictly not in line with your beliefs.

I have strong issues with some mainstream religions but I have never antagonized other members on here or goaded an argument where I was not provoked, I find it highly distasteful and GMC has made it clear that this is not to be allowed. Show respect.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Sep 12 2012, 01:39 AM
I'm sorry to of offenced you explaining the reason behind this band - it is well known to based around satanic lyrics (therefore related to religion)... I did censor it, however cutting out those lyrics from the song of this topic was probably a good idea. All about raping, mocking, and torturing Christians...

I might of gone overboard, get wrapped up in it a bit, and for that I apologise.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 12 2012, 09:21 AM
Instructor
I think a lot of the black metal bands when they were starting out were more interested in just being extreme and whatever they considered to be an extreme display of music, sound and views then they used it. I think a lot of it was more about rebelling against the placid kind of environment in which they lived rather than actually believing any of the satanic or occultish themes, although if they did, its their choice I guess.

Dimmu are one of the bands who outgrew that I think (well, they did revisit it but more as a story) and a lot of their stuff is about inner strength, unity and identity.. at least what I have taken from it. smile.gif

What's worse than the religion / satanic side though is that a lot of those bands had a nationalistic vibe coming from them, some still do. That annoys me a lot but Dimmu on the whole are a band that I think can't be lumped in with the criticism that often gets levelled at black metal. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2012, 11:58 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 12 2012, 04:21 AM) *
I think a lot of the black metal bands when they were starting out were more interested in just being extreme and whatever they considered to be an extreme display of music, sound and views then they used it. I think a lot of it was more about rebelling against the placid kind of environment in which they lived rather than actually believing any of the satanic or occultish themes, although if they did, its their choice I guess.

Dimmu are one of the bands who outgrew that I think (well, they did revisit it but more as a story) and a lot of their stuff is about inner strength, unity and identity.. at least what I have taken from it. smile.gif

What's worse than the religion / satanic side though is that a lot of those bands had a nationalistic vibe coming from them, some still do. That annoys me a lot but Dimmu on the whole are a band that I think can't be lumped in with the criticism that often gets levelled at black metal. smile.gif

Well, it's doing what it does best in this very thread. Creating controversy smile.gif It's survived this long at least in part due to that. It generates strong feelings on both sides. I"ve never seen folks come to blows over a Britney Spears album, but I've seen guys almost come to fisticuffs debating which bands "rule/blow" at shows/bars. Any band that can generate serious conviction deserves some respect, no matter what they play. smile.gif

I think some of the "Nationalistic Black Metal" is honestly just trying to be even more extreme/controversial, (although I'm sure some are perhaps overtly patriotic). But hey, it's all music. At least we are talking about bands that actually play their own instruments which puts them nearly above reproach in my book no matter what they are banging on about.

Todd

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 13 2012, 01:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 12 2012, 12:44 AM) *
I must say your continual strive to make everything a religious discussion is getting out of hand, not only were the lyrics or there contextual message not even a point of discussion, you were in no way provoked to post such an extremely off topic post. It seems you are antagonizing those who enjoy this music every time you do this, and I am sick of it. GMC is a forum of many peoples with many faiths, and for the six years I have spent on here we respect that. Friendly, intelligent debates have been had, but this is neither friendly or intelligent. You should learn that your faith is not the only faith, and that my music is not some subversive, evil force - and this is exactly how you portray everything that is strictly not in line with your beliefs.

I have strong issues with some mainstream religions but I have never antagonized other members on here or goaded an argument where I was not provoked, I find it highly distasteful and GMC has made it clear that this is not to be allowed. Show respect.

wow, wow, and , O my
Azza's post did not offend me , but this, and from A GMC senior
if there is a discussion about music that wants to kill and rape a certain kind of people-, does not that people group have the right to inform others what is being said( many times people get involved in the music they don't listen to the words) or do we justify it because it's musical style resembles our own
there have been a few discussions in regards to shootings in the States, and several were willing to point the blame towards gangs and hip- hop, but we need to seriously look within our own styles and be honest

does this band talk about raping , killing and murdering another precious person ( coming from the father of seven) my oldest being a girl
this is disgusting if these lyrics are true and I cannot and will not condone another person justifying this kind of perverse lryics

it does not matter anyone's faith is when it comes to talking about killing or rape
I don't know the word's but am guessing since you had to edit it , Azza was right
if he was wrong , please prove it

and to top it off, in your anger would refer to a student here as unintelligent( refering that his post is unintelligent) because he is offended by these words (as I am) and that you would ( being in your position ) use it to heavy Azza into a apologize , which I don't think he needed to do
Probably fearing loosing his posting privileges

by the way, most everybody who posted, was mocking them as well

I think that about covers it

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:19 PM