> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Jessej's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2012, 11:23 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Here I will post some basic things that you should start working.

LESSON #1 – WARMING UP & ENDURANCE
LESSON #3 – RIGHT HAND / ALTERNATE PICKING

Besides this, you could choose a lesson from the archive level 2 to 4 that you like musically, and start working on it. One that combines rhythm with some easy soloing. Please tell me your favourite bands and I will help you choosing it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 9 2012, 06:40 PM
GMC:er
I will start working on that warmup and alternate picking right away . As far as anther lesson goes Cosmin already has me working on 4 other ones so my plate is kinda full . My favorite bands ? Well I have so many it is hard to say ! But I really like Nickelback , gun's roses , A Day To Remember , Disciple, Some Rise against stuff ,and Red .

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2012, 06:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Apr 9 2012, 02:40 PM) *
I will start working on that warmup and alternate picking right away . As far as anther lesson goes Cosmin already has me working on 4 other ones so my plate is kinda full . My favorite bands ? Well I have so many it is hard to say ! But I really like Nickelback , gun's roses , A Day To Remember , Disciple, Some Rise against stuff ,and Red .

That sounds good to me. Please also post the lessons that you record here. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 10 2012, 01:03 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 9 2012, 05:49 PM) *
That sounds good to me. Please also post the lessons that you record here. wink.gif

I currently still have no way of recording but I think I might get the fast track II . Right now it is the most affordable option because I can plug my guitar straight into it and I wont need any software since my mac has garageband . problem is I live in a small town and I dont get a chance to get to the city very often . But I will try and get one asap .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2012, 06:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Apr 9 2012, 09:03 PM) *
I currently still have no way of recording but I think I might get the fast track II . Right now it is the most affordable option because I can plug my guitar straight into it and I wont need any software since my mac has garageband . problem is I live in a small town and I dont get a chance to get to the city very often . But I will try and get one asap .

Ok! That sounds good! What's your guitar level (based on GMC lessons) ?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 10 2012, 08:10 PM
I am not quite sure what my guitar level is I think like about a 2-4 or so.
I finally managed to figure out a way to record smile.gif the sound quality isn't that great but it will have to do for now.
here is a cover I recorded . Let me know what you think.

http://soundcloud.com/jessej-3/lifesong-7

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2012, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Nice cover! Your performance is really good on this one! I notice that the take has some room reverberation that affects the overall quality... how did you record it?

What about the lessons that you are working?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 11 2012, 06:20 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 11 2012, 03:37 PM) *
Hi mate! Nice cover! Your performance is really good on this one! I notice that the take has some room reverberation that affects the overall quality... how did you record it?

What about the lessons that you are working?

I found out my Macbook has a built in microphone so I used that + garageband.

So I was debating wether or not to put that cover up because I really didn't like the second part of the solo but I thought then you could see the soloing level I'm at and we could work from there smile.gif

I am working on memorizing the warmup and alternate picking exercises . They are quite fun smile.gif I should have them memorized in a day or 2 , so what would you like me to start working on after that ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2012, 01:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Apr 11 2012, 02:20 PM) *
I found out my Macbook has a built in microphone so I used that + garageband.

So I was debating wether or not to put that cover up because I really didn't like the second part of the solo but I thought then you could see the soloing level I'm at and we could work from there smile.gif

I am working on memorizing the warmup and alternate picking exercises . They are quite fun smile.gif I should have them memorized in a day or 2 , so what would you like me to start working on after that ?

Great! Could you please record you playing the exercises?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 13 2012, 08:06 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 13 2012, 12:34 AM) *
Great! Could you please record you playing the exercises?

Okay here they are split into three parts , that way I didn't have to start all over every time I made a mistake.

The first part I found the hardest , but the other 2 parts were almost as difficult . There are a few mistakes 2 or 3 times I was off on the timing and a few times I hit the wrong notes , So it's not perfect but here you go smile.gif best I could do considering this is only the third day I have been playing this warmup .

Cheers:)

http://soundcloud.com/jessej-3/warmup

http://soundcloud.com/jessej-3/warmup-part-2

http://soundcloud.com/jessej-3/warmup-part-3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2012, 05:12 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! The three takes sound good. Considering that you only played this for 3 days you are doing a great job! Please keep on playing this exercises every day and let's incorporate a more musical lesson to make the practice more funny and also to let me check your playing over a backing track. What about this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pop-Punk-II/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 14 2012, 07:12 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 14 2012, 04:12 PM) *
Hi mate! The three takes sound good. Considering that you only played this for 3 days you are doing a great job! Please keep on playing this exercises every day and let's incorporate a more musical lesson to make the practice more funny and also to let me check your playing over a backing track. What about this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pop-Punk-II/

Hey thanks for the feedback smile.gif The first thing I do is play through all the exercises twice every time I pick up my guitar. Haha A year from now it will only take my like 1 minute to play em all !

I love that lesson smile.gif I already went through I just cant quite yet play it at the tempo that you did . My only problem is I'm not sure how to play over a backing track ?!?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2012, 05:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Apr 14 2012, 03:12 PM) *
Hey thanks for the feedback smile.gif The first thing I do is play through all the exercises twice every time I pick up my guitar. Haha A year from now it will only take my like 1 minute to play em all !

I love that lesson smile.gif I already went through I just cant quite yet play it at the tempo that you did . My only problem is I'm not sure how to play over a backing track ?!?

Every lesson includes a backing track player in the right side of the video player. Have you noticed it? Is that the problem? or the problem is that you don't know how to record a take using the backing tracks.. ?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 16 2012, 03:34 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 16 2012, 04:28 AM) *
Every lesson includes a backing track player in the right side of the video player. Have you noticed it? Is that the problem? or the problem is that you don't know how to record a take using the backing tracks.. ?

The problem is I don't how to record a take using the backing track .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2012, 04:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Apr 16 2012, 11:34 AM) *
The problem is I don't how to record a take using the backing track .

The best way would be to use a multitrack software like Reaper or Cubase. You add the backing track in a stereo track and record your take inm another track while you hear the backing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 18 2012, 03:18 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 16 2012, 03:52 PM) *
The best way would be to use a multitrack software like Reaper or Cubase. You add the backing track in a stereo track and record your take inm another track while you hear the backing.

Haha I guess this means I have to spend more money and get recording software now .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 18 2012, 03:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Apr 18 2012, 11:18 AM) *
Haha I guess this means I have to spend more money and get recording software now .

not really. There are some free solutions. Check out this one:

http://www.reaper.fm/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 20 2012, 05:49 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 18 2012, 02:32 PM) *
not really. There are some free solutions. Check out this one:

http://www.reaper.fm/

So I downloaded the trial version of reaper and I opened it for the first time . Then it say it tell's me that I have the demo version that you are allowed to get for 30 days and I have been trying it out for 23 days already and opened it twice ?!? It only went downhill from there . I tried recording something but I have no idea where it "records" from . like my previous take was with the built in mic from my mac but I don't think reaper will let me do that .
So Currently I am kinda stuck sad.gif I might just have to stick to recording on my mac for now .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2012, 05:14 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Check out this thread. I think that it could help you.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=14963

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Apr 21 2012, 05:27 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 20 2012, 04:14 PM) *
Hi mate! Check out this thread. I think that it could help you.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=14963

Okay Thanks I will have to look into that. For now though I figured out how to record with the backing track on garageband So without further delay here it is smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/jessej-3/pop-punk-style-2

I dont like the way My mac records the power chords so sorry that it doesn't sound that great at that part . Let me know what you think !

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:34 PM