2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ben's Motivation Thread !
Ben Higgins
Nov 9 2012, 10:14 AM
Instructor
Guys, here is where we post out favourite motivational videos. You know how we often think 'motivation doesn't last long' ? Well, I view it like feeding our body. We don't eat once and then we're filled for a whole week. When we're hungry, we don't think twice about going to the cupboard to sustain ourselves with food. It's the same with our mind, it also needs feeding with good sustenance. When you look at it that way, it doesn't seem so unreasonable that we need to keep our motivational dose as frequent as possible. So, let' help each other out bu posting our fave clips so when we all need a boost we can come here and just click 'Play' smile.gif

A couple of classics to get us started. Now get sharing, this is everyone's thread !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 9 2012, 02:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
rocky's speech to his kid is all kinds of awesome biggrin.gif
"It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward" - best line ever smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 9 2012, 02:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 9 2012, 01:00 PM) *
"It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward" - best line ever smile.gif

Yeah it is a stone cold classic. Thanks to Stallone for giving us that smile.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 9 2012, 03:42 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 9 2012, 01:00 PM) *

ROFL!! Was that a quote from Stallone or Ron Jeremy?

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 9 2012, 04:15 PM
Ok, you have to watch this and understand where the motivation comes from, kinda a reverse psychology.

I am posting this here as a contrast, however it still gives motivation because here we can see the great Kirk Hammett (I mean that BTW:)) also has his days where his practice does not necessarily go as he would like, but we all know how things have turned out for him. cool.gif I felt better when I watched this cause I know it ain't always just me that has a crap practice...

This is actually very motivational!!

Sometimes I can't post the actual video so here is a link just in case.

Kirk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LXPIzGSEfI

This post has been edited by mroberts70: Nov 9 2012, 04:16 PM

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 9 2012, 06:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Nov 9 2012, 03:15 PM) *
I am posting this here as a contrast, however it still gives motivation because here we can see the great Kirk Hammett (I mean that BTW:)) also has his days where his practice does not necessarily go as he would like, but we all know how things have turned out for him. cool.gif I felt better when I watched this cause I know it ain't always just me that has a crap practice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LXPIzGSEfI

Gotta love Kirk smile.gif

I've been in the same place as Hetfield so many times. Literally having to point at the fretboard and in some cases (I am not joking) move their fingers to the right spot smile.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 9 2012, 06:51 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 9 2012, 05:47 PM) *
Gotta love Kirk smile.gif

I've been in the same place as Hetfield so many times. Literally having to point at the fretboard and in some cases (I am not joking) move their fingers to the right spot smile.gif

That's what I need.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 9 2012, 09:15 PM
Instructor
Good thread and videos Ben! All these Arnold stuff is very motivating. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 10 2012, 10:54 AM
Instructor
Good morning GMC.. another day full of potential ! Full of choices !

Let's enjoy some inspiration from Bruce..

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 12 2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor
Some great quotes in here. I wish I could remember them all ! There was one I had already memorised and I didn't realise it came from Churchill. It was 'When you're going through hell, keep going.'

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 17 2012, 03:32 PM
Instructor
You've really just gotta watch this one to understand !

Makes guitar practise seem a bit easy doesn't it ? Having trouble with a lick ? Watch this and then see how how hard you find that lick smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 17 2012, 09:29 PM
Instructor
Just found this... a friend of Stallone's telling the story of what Sly had to go through to get his success. I highly recommend this !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 18 2012, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the links Ben!! Indeed - watch this if you think something's difficult smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 18 2012, 09:31 PM
Instructor
I saw this yesterday and thought that the central principle of just get on and 'do it' applies very well to guitar. I hear people say how much they want to learn this technique, or that technique and how they want to build their licks up etc.. but they're not doing it. Guys, don't talk about doing, just pick up your damn guitar and get on with it and within a week I bet you could come back and show us something new !

His accent is a bit annoying, but he speaketh the truth !!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 19 2012, 08:32 AM
Instructor
Hell yeah! I got one too biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 19 2012, 10:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 19 2012, 07:32 AM) *
Hell yeah! I got one too biggrin.gif

Oh yes, what a classic.. I only saw this speech for the first time a couple of weeks ago !!

'That's what makes the f- difference between winning and losing !!' Love the way he says that bit !!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 22 2012, 10:20 AM
Instructor
Today a picture tells the story..

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2012, 04:36 PM
Instructor
So true... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Nov 23 2012, 08:59 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 22 2012, 09:20 AM) *
Today a picture tells the story..

Attached Image

So true. I also love an old Norwegian proverb "a lazy man always has more to do tomorrow"

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 23 2012, 09:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Nov 23 2012, 07:59 AM) *
So true. I also love an old Norwegian proverb "a lazy man always has more to do tomorrow"

What a great quote !! And so true !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:30 PM