Speedingpicking And Sweeping Technique
shellshock1911
Dec 12 2007, 03:06 AM
GMC:er
I am trying to get my technique on sweeping perfect. I was wondering first of all if you are doing a 3-string arpeggio from the bottom, the picking goes: UP, pulloff, UP, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN...right? 4-string is: UP, pulloff, UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN? 5-string: UP, pulloff, UP, UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN DOWN, DOWN, DOWN?

Are you supposed to use wrist only to sweep, all arm, or a little bit of both? I see Rusty Cooley doing wrist only, Franscesco Farreri doing a little bit of both and, and some people just moving the whole arm up and down.

Next I was wondering if you could tell me the best positionings for my hands and fingers for speeding picking and sweeping.

For finger positioning is it

or

Pick position?

And thumb?

EDIT: And oh yea, I don't quite get the "rolling finger" concept either.

Say if I am playing an arpeggio that hits the same fret starting on high E, then B, then G.

Do I just pop my finger up a little bit for each string or do I bring my whole wrist up while using the thumb as a pivot?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Dec 12 2007, 03:28 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:06 PM