2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmc Members Meeting
Tolek
Feb 5 2009, 05:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys!
An idea has been wandering in my head for some weeks now. I was imagining how a meeting would look like. A meeting between us, the GMC members. I think that would be a highlight of our lives and a good experience, too. We would jam, talk, laugh, drink together. laugh.gif And then a big concert where all the virtual bands play their songs and instructors show their awesomness.
Wouldn´t it be great to meet our beloved fellows in real? Is this even possible? Kris? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 5 2009, 05:23 PM
GMC:er
Yeah when they invent teleports and it's easy to get people from different continents together.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 5 2009, 05:24 PM
It has been brought up many times in the past and the usual answer is someday. I can see something happening sometime maybe this year late on or next year. With the rate the site is growing it should be easily doable soon smile.gif

QUOTE (fatb0t @ Feb 5 2009, 04:23 PM) *
Yeah when they invent teleports and it's easy to get people from different continents together.

It's easy to get across the whole of Europe for me so we can have a meet in Europe for sure and one in America say.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
seagull
Feb 5 2009, 05:25 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 5 2009, 05:21 PM) *
Hey guys!
An idea has been wandering in my head for some weeks now. I was imagining how a meeting would look like. A meeting between us, the GMC members. I think that would be a highlight of our lives and a good experience, too. We would jam, talk, laugh, drink together. laugh.gif And then a big concert where all the virtual bands play their songs and instructors show their awesomness.
Wouldn´t it be great to meet our beloved fellows in real? Is this even possible? Kris? biggrin.gif

Sounds awesome. laugh.gif

But I don't think it's possible... GMC has members from every corner of the world, instructors too, and logistics would prove far too big a problem.

But of course, that doesn't prevent the GMC'ers that live close to each other from meeting up. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 5 2009, 05:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Feb 5 2009, 05:23 PM) *

biggrin.gif Actually, you´re right. It´s hard to get all people together, but nothing is impossible, eh? smile.gif

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 5 2009, 05:24 PM) *
It has been brought up many times in the past and the usual answer is someday. I can see something happening sometime maybe this year late on or next year. With the rate the site is growing it should be easily doable soon smile.gif

It's easy to get across the whole of Europe for me so we can have a meet in Europe for sure and one in America say.

Yeah, that´s a possibility. However, I personally would prefer that everybody would come to one meeting. That is almost Utopie.^^

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 5 2009, 05:29 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I don't think that a full scale meeting is doable in the nearest future, because while I could travel 1000 km with a car, I don't think I would decide to fly to Argentina, even though I would really like to meet all the instructors from there, and also see Argentina!

Anyway, anyone that would visit my city is more than welcome in my house;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Feb 5 2009, 08:22 PM
Learning Roadie
I like the idea, but it's almost impossible.
It is already hard to organise a meeting in one country.
But I would be interessted in that aswell, maybe we can make just a country meeting or in Europe we could make like a Netherland/Poland/Switzerland/Austria/Luxembourg/France/Belgium/Germany-meeting.

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 5 2009, 08:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, possible. I´d say that everybody who wants to and can come, signs up and comes. smile.gif

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 5 2009, 08:26 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
yeah this would be awesome .. i can remember i asked this same question few years back!

This post has been edited by visi0n: Feb 5 2009, 08:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Feb 5 2009, 08:49 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Feb 5 2009, 05:23 PM) *

and with an instance, EVERY single piece of transportation equipment will be rendered useless... people will now be living indoors, and never ever go outside.. they teleport their grocery list and the groceries are teleported back..

Not long after, people stop meeting eachother completely, no-one gets partners, no-one produces offspring and the human race will cease to exist forever and ever in all eternity..

on topic: could be fun to team up actually.. depending on where it is, if there are many people from a certain area, they could rent a bus and drive all the way while drinking, rocking and doing what ROCKSTARS do.. laugh.gif

edit: by renting, i of course mean rent bus + busdriver

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Feb 5 2009, 08:51 PM

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 5 2009, 08:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I like to see a GMC Summit. Where we all fly somewhere and party for 3 days and jam!

Or when Kris announces that GMC is a legit Educational Institution and I will have an actual dimploma from GMC. smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 5 2009, 08:56 PM
Instructor
If the meeting were held in Europe I would be very much interested in attendind! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sigma7
Feb 5 2009, 08:56 PM
dude ive been thinking that since i first joined...at least open up a camp GMC!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 5 2009, 08:58 PM
Get to da Chopper!
An easier (and cheaper tongue.gif) solution is to check the gmc map and visit a member that lives near you wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 5 2009, 09:08 PM
Sounds cool but impossible, maybe a meeting between a few members yes. smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 5 2009, 09:59 PM
Instructor
The idea is very cool, and hopefully someday it will come true smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Feb 6 2009, 05:07 AM
Get a GMC meeting at a big festival like Wacken or something tongue.gif

Too bad I don't see myself attending that in the near future

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Wabba
Feb 6 2009, 06:35 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 5 2009, 09:58 PM) *
solution is to check the gmc map and visit a member that lives near you wink.gif

Is there a gmc map now? Where?

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 6 2009, 09:51 AM
QUOTE (Wabba @ Feb 6 2009, 06:35 AM) *
Is there a gmc map now? Where?

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/146 wink.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Feb 6 2009, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Something like this would really be awesome, only problem is that we are scattered all around the world, but at least the guys in europe could work something out, seems that is were most members are

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:18 AM