4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
What Does Your Username Mean ?
AK Rich
Jan 6 2012, 07:10 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
The AK is the abbreviation for Alaska, so Alaska Rich smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 6 2012, 07:52 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Nevermore has a song called "Engines Of Hate", there is a line that goes...

"I uncreate, I desecrate, I spit the truth into the engines of hate."

I thought Uncreate was the coolest word, and started using it as my gamertag back on PC and the original xbox, turned into The Uncreator to sound more evil smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
LivinBlood
Jan 6 2012, 08:38 PM
GMC:er
There is power in the blood, eh em..... (LivinBlood) of Jesus.

Pretty much Jesus is alive and in his blood shed there was/is power.....so LivinBlood.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 6 2012, 08:54 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 6 2012, 11:30 AM) *
what does your username mean/what inspired it ?

Micke, short for Mikael/Michael. M is the first letter of my last name. I was inspired by my name ... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 6 2012, 08:55 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 6 2012, 05:44 PM) *
dd, someday there might be a forum thread about how dark you really are...oh wait... laugh.gif

To be honest, I wasn't suprised when I saw that thread laugh.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
llibach
Jan 6 2012, 09:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Llibach stands for Lli short for my name, Llion, bach in welsh means small. I used to play rugby and i'm only 5"6 so they all called me Llion bach, shortened version of that.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 6 2012, 09:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TeoWulf @ Jan 6 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Ha, you have to figure out mine!

You have one week, if you don't give the right answer in that time i'll tell you.

It's like Beowulf but with a T ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 6 2012, 09:39 PM
Instructor
I'm loving all these posts from everyone.. really interesting to finally find out some of these meanings.

Now for me..

I chose the name Ben Higgins because I was dissatisfied with my real name, Demon Challenger.. I felt it was too wimpy and I wanted something more heroic.

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 6 2012, 09:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sir - distinctive title of a knight or baronet:
Jamsalot -Sounds like Lancelot (of the round table), which implies fighting with a lance, presumably a lot smile.gif

So I pretend I'm a Knight who jams a lot. No, not making jelly - jammin on my electric cittern!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jan 6 2012, 10:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
'Aga' means 'ruler', 'master' or 'lord' in Turkish, and it was used as a title for military officers in the Ottoman Empire.
Since my country was occupied by the same empire for about 500 years, we were forced to inherit big part of their culture.

Later, the term 'aga' was used to describe an 'educated gentlemen', or 'important citizen'.
The title is placed at the end of the name. My name is Dino, so 'Dino' + 'aga' = 'Dinaga'.

I didn't really choose this username because of the history, I just came up with it years ago because it sounded kinda cool and username 'Dino' is usually already taken on every web site biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2012, 10:38 PM
Instructor
These are some very cool meanings, nice to know these smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Jan 6 2012, 11:20 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 6 2012, 09:13 PM) *
It's like Beowulf but with a T ! wink.gif

You've got it!
I thought it will take a bit longer smile.gif
Actually this is the "real name" most identical to Beowulf.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 6 2012, 11:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 6 2012, 03:39 PM) *
I chose the name Ben Higgins because I was dissatisfied with my real name, Demon Challenger.. I felt it was too wimpy and I wanted something more heroic.

So I guess I shouldn't tell anyone your drag name is Roxy Rose... oops. I wonder what GMC will think once they find out you and I moonlight at the Male Box. Now that its out in the open, you can see myself, Arabia Knight, Christian, a.k.a Gertrude Weinerschnitzel, and Roxy Rose live every Saturday night.

As far as my user name, here is a thread on its origins. Warning: if you're easily offended, don't watch the video.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=38710

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 7 2012, 12:52 AM
Instructor
I recently noticed a new member with a really unusual nickname - something like a 12345-43215-54321-65544- ... !?
Man, I hope that this isn't your credit card number, if is still are - you owe us security code !!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 7 2012, 01:05 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
My surname. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jan 7 2012, 01:08 AM
The number in my name has no meaning. In fact, I don't even like the modern definition of Nihilist:

Nihilism- The belief in nothing

Nihilist- One who believes in nothing.

The original definition behind Nihilism was this:

Nihilism: Nihilism is the belief that the only things in life that matter are the ones you can perceive through scientific interaction and observation.

Nihilist- One who perceives life and logic via scientific interaction and observation.

Believe it or not, revolutionaries in Russia circa the late 1800's and early 1900's were called Nihilists rather than revolutionaries everywhere else in the world. They did not believe in god(since it is intangible) and they worked to overthrow the Czar and create a land dominated by intelligence. These people later became known as Bolsheviks.

I read a lot of Russian literature from this time, specifically Ivan Turgenev.

I have yet to figure out how it is the term became so misconstrued. I, however, choose to stick to the classic definition.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Jan 7 2012, 01:09 AM
some weeks ago i was thinking in a thread like this..!

"el" is the spanish article for "the"

Fortinero are called all the people that belong to my footbal club Velez Sarsfield... so if you are a Velez Sarsfield's fan you are a Fortinero.

My first name is Nahuel wich in aborygean language it means "Tyger" and I also have a tank that has my name!! check the photo:
Attached Image

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jan 7 2012, 01:56 AM
QUOTE (LivinBlood @ Jan 6 2012, 02:38 PM) *
There is power in the blood, eh em..... (LivinBlood) of Jesus.

Pretty much Jesus is alive and in his blood shed there was/is power.....so LivinBlood.

Nice!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 7 2012, 02:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
mine is , just cursin, ya, this guitar thing is a love hate relationship, usually I end up just cursin

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 7 2012, 07:11 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jan 6 2012, 02:56 PM) *
Sir - distinctive title of a knight or baronet:
Jamsalot -Sounds like Lancelot (of the round table), which implies fighting with a lance, presumably a lot smile.gif

So I pretend I'm a Knight who jams a lot. No, not making jelly - jammin on my electric cittern!

That's exactly what I thought it meant. smile.gif

As for me...
My username started back when my friend created music videos from movies and games. He would show them to me. He had an alias for his videos. It was really because he had already chosen that for his youtube. When I wanted to start making music videos and showing them to him I had to have an alias. So, I've always liked how flames look. I have flame floor mats in my car; also a personalized plate on the front of my car with flames and my name (not my license plate though). I used to have a flame steering wheel cover, but I was tired of the thickness of it, so I took it off. I just chose Fireball. My friend had 89 in his name for when he was born, so i wanted a number too, but not 91. I instead chose 100. It was an even and popular number.

When I joined youtube, fireball100 was already taken. So I am thefireball100. Here...I just chose thefireball. lol. I'm thefireball100 like, everywhere on the internet - if not just fireball100.

But you can call me Brandon. wink.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:37 PM