Camera Troubles
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 12 2008, 01:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey GMC, I need help from all you smart people! smile.gif I have a 'webcam' from a long time ago, that is called a CD10PM. I'm trying to install it right now, but am having some troubles sad.gif I installed all the programs off of the disc (Funhouse and PhotoImpressions 4) and plugged the camera into the modem (as it appears to be the only place it will fit) but there's still nothing sad.gif When I go onto Windows Live Messenger it says there is no webcam detected sad.gif Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can fix this? smile.gif Thanks GMC

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 12 2008, 01:28 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm I don't see a web cam being connected to modem ??! I have a usb camera and most of us I think...I think it will be a little hard to make that old cam work..Maybe invest in a new one ? I use very cheap "Canyon" one ...works nicely.. smile.gif

Can you describe how its plug looks like ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Feb 12 2008, 01:30 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 12 2008, 01:59 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Has to be USB (for a web cam). A modems data tranfer rate isn't able to deal with video (amoung other easons that aren't important right now). Do you refer to your computer in general as a modem (can you take a picture of the connector. I work in the IT feild and have heard others call it (there computers) that. Not tring to be insulting, just tring to help.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 12 2008, 02:38 AM
Learning Rock Star
I think you guys are right, I may have to buy a new one. Oh well, it came free with my old computer, and I cant find any sites on it .. I'm pretty sure its a Japanese or Chinese manufacturer. I'll just buy a new one smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:35 PM