Let's Video Chat! (edit:chat Ended)
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 13 2014, 05:13 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks for today's session. It was awesome to jam 'with' you, also great to speak with Azzaboi live for the first time!

--------
progress guaranteed - come join us:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/chat

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 13 2014, 08:03 PM
GMC Founder
bump

aaaand bump again!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 15 2014, 07:34 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Kristofer smile.gif

I watched yesterday at your VChat that you made Friday (for 2 times until now biggrin.gif) and I must say that was awesome and very inspiring. Your style of playing blues it's amazing: perfect tone, awesome phrasing and very cool voice. I love how you mix shred, arpeggios with very soft parts over a blues backing. And that pinch harmonics it's like salt in food... gives a perfect taste wink.gif
You know what would be awesome? If you will make a blues lesson with all of these (a lesson not for a high level tongue.gif). I know that are tones of blues lessons in GMC but I would like to learn after your style of phrasing and your feeling of playing. Your style is different and you have an amazing aggressivity in playing blues and for my taste this make your playing very special wink.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 15 2014, 09:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
I forgot to mention something tongue.gif If somebody is curious how was that Vchat that I'm talking about please check this:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/48731522

You guys will not regret, it's more than inspiring and all those licks can be used and adapted for any style smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Jun 15 2014, 09:03 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 15 2014, 11:37 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jun 15 2014, 08:34 AM) *
Hi Kristofer smile.gif

I watched yesterday at your Vchat that you made Friday (for 2 times until now biggrin.gif) and I must say that was awesome and very inspiring. Your style of playing blues it's amazing: perfect tone, awesome phrasing and very cool voice. I love how you mix shred, arpeggios with very soft parts over a blues backing. And that pinch harmonics it's like salt in food... gives a perfect taste wink.gif

Wow Monica - what an awesome and inspiring feedback! biggrin.gif Hope we'll meet soon in the video chat, I would love to show exactly how I do that stuff, I have already shown that exact stuff to students of varying backgrounds - SCProphet, Dizzyzack, Azzaboi etc) . I have seen your videos and I am quite sure you have the level to start experimenting with this stuff.

Here are some important points to achieve similar lines.

* I learn to play all the licks with the left hand only. As this gives superior tone.

* I shred with swing, that can be done by skipping one note in a 16th note triplet pattern

* I try to find a dynamic, overdriven tone (not a metal tone) and I add palm muting for staccato and swing effect.

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jun 15 2014, 08:34 AM) *
You know what would be awesome? If you will make a blues lesson with all of these (a lesson not for a high level tongue.gif). I know that are tones of blues lessons in GMC but I would like to learn after your style of phrasing and your feeling of playing. Your style is different and you have an amazing aggressivity in playing blues and for my taste this make your playing very special wink.gif

Very good idea - I am currently preparing myself to record new GMC lessons and this is a good suggestion as it might be a bit easier/faster for me to realise than the one I am currently working on (those of you who have been hanging around in the chat have seen me try to play my new tune).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 15 2014, 03:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thank you so much Kristofer for your answer smile.gif I will follow the points that you told me. Actually I already started to try some of things that you played. Of course some of these are very complex and impossible to play because you make some very fast runs. Until I will be able for fast things I adapt a half from a run and I continue with my ideas. Anyway, the main idea it's to steal your style of combining and applying techniques not all of your musical ideas. I would like to steal your musical ideas but this will be cheating biggrin.gif If you will make again Friday a Vchat, I will try to be present. I will arrive at home from my office somewhere at 7:30 PM (my country hour). Maybe I have a chance to catch you.

Your new tune ( I guess you played that with your LTD guitar) sounds really awesome!!! In which style I can put your song? I mean you have some neoclassical parts, at one moment that drum gives a feel of jungle style (even if it's for 2 seconds) which is transformed in a bluesy- jazzy style and you finish the song back in neoclassical.
If you make this song a lesson it will be beautiful but a very hard one. Besides those runs very fast, arpeggios with sweep, I saw that you use some hybrid picking mostly in the second part. Also that bend on 22 or 23 fret (I can't see it very well), that position it's not easy at all. I will not remind in how many angles you put the pick to catch some specific sounds.
But I hardly wait to see all the explanations from each part smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:55 PM