2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Amp Selection Time, Some really cool options
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 8 2008, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Those are pretty different amps you got there. While Fender is great on cleans, it is not so good with distortion like some other amps.

If you need a great drive channel/s, I would then eliminate Fenders.
Also I think Peavey's can be off the list as well.
Also if you wanna buy great amp, don't go for a relatively "famous" brand the choice is on Bogner or Egnater.

I think by looking at specs (I haven't played some of the amps, or even seen them to that matter), I think Egnater is one hell of a machine, so that would be my reason of judgement, but in the end it would be wise to check them all out since these are all pretty different machines, and you are giving 1.5 thousands for it, so the choice has to be a good one.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 8 2008, 09:26 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 8 2008, 10:07 PM) *
Those are pretty different amps you got there. While Fender is great on cleans, it is not so good with distortion like some other amps.

Also if you wanna buy great amp, don't go for a relatively "famous" brand the choice is on Bogner or Egnater.

I think by looking at specs (I haven't played some of the amps, or even seen them to that matter), I think Egnater is one hell of a machine, so that would be my reason of judgement, but in the end it would be wise to check them all out since these are all pretty different machines, and you are giving 1.5 thousands for it, so the choice has to be a good one.

I think that's clever reasoning Ivan. I agree with you that Egnater seem to be a wonderful machine. You know, after I read about it here, didn't know so much about it before other then they hold amp building seminars, I checked if it can be found in Sweden but it can't. From what I could see it only sell in the US. Which is a shame. Killer amp indeed!

By the way, that particular Bogner model is made in China. If that matters to anyone, it does to me so in my book it's off the chart.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Oct 8 2008, 10:56 PM
GMC:er
okay guys Egnater, Orange, or the Twin.....

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
inertia
Oct 9 2008, 12:19 AM
I checked reviews of the egnator because this thread perked my interest in one. It was reviewed in Guitar World and did not receive any award. Plus the reviews I have seen (http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Egnater/Tourmaster+4100/10/1), many are pretty scathing about noise on the two overdrive channels, and apparently the amp sounds pretty horrendous when cranked. So if you get a chance to test drive it definitely crank it to see that it's not too noisy and still sounds good.
I'm kind of disappointed because this one seemed to fit the bill for me especially with the great power options. I'll wait to try one for myself before passing judgment though.
Another amp you may want to consider is the ENGL screamer, it's a great amp as well, it's not a metal amp, but I think it has about as much gain as the MESA

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 8 2008, 04:07 PM) *

Hi Ivan, the Super Sonic is a completely different beast than any other fender. It has a very modern sounding tight gain channel with 2 cascading gain knobs. It's the nicest gain on any Fender, period. Plus it has 2 amazing preamps, one vibrolux and one bassman, that both sound amazing. If you check out the fender's website for sound clips, you can see that it has plenty of gain for metal, just not death metal.

This post has been edited by inertia: Oct 9 2008, 12:58 AM

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Oct 9 2008, 01:44 AM
engl huh.....

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 9 2008, 03:04 PM
Yeahh Engl amps sound realy good,Have tried the Powerball myself and was impressed at the tone and instant response to my playing.It also has a built in noise gate,thats needed as it realy has got some healthy OD to dish out
Saw a local band a couple of years back use the Powerball too,and his tone was godly-sadly his playing couldnt match his tone but nothings perfect biggrin.gif

I have a few old combos lying around from various makers and I have to say none of them sound that great when realy cranked loud.I dont get that problem with a head and 4 x 12

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Oct 10 2008, 12:45 AM
Hmm ill check out if my local shop carries ENGL thx

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:13 AM