I'm A New Member
vdcraats
Jan 25 2012, 10:32 AM
GMC:er
Hi There,

I decided to join GMC.

I stared playing 19 years ago when I was about 16 years old.
I played and had lessons for about 6 years. But then I stopped playing.

I got a girlfriend, moved out of the house, got a busy job and eventually got married.

Now I'm 36 And something has changed. My nephew (he is 8 years old) wanted to learn to play guitar and asked if I could teach him.

So I started teaching him, and found out what I have been missing all these years. Playing my Guitar.

My Wife decided to give me a new guitar she bought me a Ibanez RG350DXZ
Ibanez RG350DXZ

And now I'm rocking again. I Joined GMC because I wanted to learn new rifs and songs. And It gives me a lot of inspiration.

Thank you for this great site :-)

vdcraats

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 25 2012, 10:45 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey there vdcraats - welcome to GMC! smile.gif
Its great to hear that you are back to playing guitar. Also, teaching someone can be really insightful and motivating.

See you around the forum.

/Bogdan

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jan 25 2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome to GMC, mate smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2012, 03:58 PM
Instructor
hey man!! welcome to the site and welcome back to the guitar!! smile.gif Here you will find lots of material and inspiration to continue improving your playing and start making music! We are here to help you so you can use our Personal Board or send PM to ask for feedback or help.
Enjoy GMC! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 25 2012, 04:10 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome, enjoy cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2012, 11:19 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man! Take the time to explore the site and check out the wonderful features such as the video chat sessions, hosted by all of us instructors here. The bottom of the homepage has the schedule, so take a look smile.gif Mine is happening each Thursday at 8PM London time and we're right in the middle of the sessions on modes -> V-chat on modes

Don't be shy and ask us anything you'd like to know, ok?

cheers wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 26 2012, 11:21 AM
Instructor
Hey there and welcome to GMC smile.gif

If you're interested I just started a weekly Task course which you can join in with. You can do as much of it or as little of it as you want, just when you can smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=565173

+Quote Post
vdcraats
Jan 26 2012, 11:29 AM
QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 25 2012, 04:10 PM) *
Welcome, enjoy cool.gif

Nice Avatar I love House :-)

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 26 2012, 11:19 AM) *
Welcome to GMC man! Take the time to explore the site and check out the wonderful features such as the video chat sessions, hosted by all of us instructors here. The bottom of the homepage has the schedule, so take a look smile.gif Mine is happening each Thursday at 8PM London time and we're right in the middle of the sessions on modes -> V-chat on modes

Don't be shy and ask us anything you'd like to know, ok?

cheers wink.gif

Cosmin

Modes I have no idea what it means but it sounds interresting :-) 8:00pm is 9:00 pm here in the Netherlands. I will join your video chat session :-)

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 26 2012, 11:21 AM) *
Hey there and welcome to GMC smile.gif

If you're interested I just started a weekly Task course which you can join in with. You can do as much of it or as little of it as you want, just when you can smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=565173

Hi, I have looked at your lessons they sound awesome cool.gif
There goes my work and personal life. I have to do a lot of practice practice practice smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 26 2012, 11:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vdcraats @ Jan 26 2012, 10:29 AM) *
Hi, I have looked at your lessons they sound awesome cool.gif
There goes my work and personal life. I have to do a lot of practice practice practice smile.gif

Thank you, glad you like them !

Work ? Personal Life ? It's ok, I don't think we need them anyway wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jan 26 2012, 11:42 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 26 2012, 10:35 AM) *
Thank you, glad you like them !

Work ? Personal Life ? It's ok, I don't think we need them anyway wink.gif

I sure as hell don't! laugh.gif

Welcome to the forum! We are glad you could join us. What genre(s) of music do you listen to?

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
vdcraats
Jan 26 2012, 12:56 PM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jan 26 2012, 11:42 AM) *
I sure as hell don't! laugh.gif

Welcome to the forum! We are glad you could join us. What genre(s) of music do you listen to?

I listen to a wide range of music, Not one specific Genre. here are some examples :-)

Linkin Park, Metalica, Queen, Marillion, Slash, Steve vai But also Some Clasical Guitar romance de amor is one of my favorites.
And top 40 Music.

I think it's important that music evokes an emotion.
Numb from Linkin Park is for me a good example of evoking an emotion :-)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 27 2012, 02:09 PM
Instructor
That is such a nice story man, it's awesome that you found new inspiration! smile.gif Look around the site, I'm sure you'll find plenty of material that you can use. Have a great time on GMC! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 27 2012, 06:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vdcraats @ Jan 25 2012, 09:32 AM) *
Hi There,

I decided to join GMC.

I stared playing 19 years ago when I was about 16 years old.
I played and had lessons for about 6 years. But then I stopped playing.

I got a girlfriend, moved out of the house, got a busy job and eventually got married.

Now I'm 36 And something has changed. My nephew (he is 8 years old) wanted to learn to play guitar and asked if I could teach him.

So I started teaching him, and found out what I have been missing all these years. Playing my Guitar.

My Wife decided to give me a new guitar she bought me a Ibanez RG350DXZ
Ibanez RG350DXZ

And now I'm rocking again. I Joined GMC because I wanted to learn new rifs and songs. And It gives me a lot of inspiration.

Thank you for this great site :-)

vdcraats

Hey Hey Hey!!! Welcome to GMC!!! Happy to see you here!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 28 2012, 12:44 AM
Instructor
Welcome to the site smile.gif ! I hope that you'll be active on the forum and that you will not be shy to ask for everything that may interest you!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
Jan 28 2012, 03:46 AM
Welcome to GMC, vdcraats! You're story is kind of similar to mine. (Although, my wife didn't get me an RG 350, & I want one sooooo bad, but she & the fam are very supportive of my new habit! btw...your wife rocks!) You were smarter & joined earlier than I did (I'm 48). You will reach your goals here at GMC! Everyone is so supportive...instructors & students. Everything you need is here! Hope to see you in the chats & forum!

--------------------

+Quote Post
vdcraats
Jan 28 2012, 04:14 PM
QUOTE (Blister @ Jan 28 2012, 03:46 AM) *
Welcome to GMC, vdcraats! You're story is kind of similar to mine. (Although, my wife didn't get me an RG 350, & I want one sooooo bad, but she & the fam are very supportive of my new habit! btw...your wife rocks!) You were smarter & joined earlier than I did (I'm 48). You will reach your goals here at GMC! Everyone is so supportive...instructors & students. Everything you need is here! Hope to see you in the chats & forum!

Hi Blister,
It's good to have a supportive family. My wife smiled when I told here you said she rocked :-) What Guitar do you play on ?

+Quote Post
Blister
Jan 29 2012, 01:38 AM
QUOTE (vdcraats @ Jan 28 2012, 10:14 AM) *
Hi Blister,
It's good to have a supportive family. My wife smiled when I told here you said she rocked :-) What Guitar do you play on ?

I'm glad she liked the comment. smile.gif

I have an Aria LP copy that my Mom got for me from a music store she worked in back in the early 70's. Probably not a great guitar but since she got it for me it means a lot & I would never get rid of it. Kind of funny, actually. She had to order it & to me it seemed like months for it to get shipped to their store, but was probably just a few weeks. We had a terrible snow storm the night it finally arrived (we lived in Virginia at the time) & she almost got in a wreck from the bad weather. Being a typical teen, I was pretty frustrated she took so long to get home that night & she was so stressed by the time she got home. We laugh about it now, of course.

From Todd's video chats, he has me pretty hungry for an RG. But I think a Strat would be nice, too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 29 2012, 03:52 AM
Welcome to GMC! We are always thrilled to welcome a new member in to the GMC Fam! This place is amazing. The forums, the vid chats, the collabs, etc. Valhalla for guitar players in short wink.gif Congrats on your Ibanez! I've got two myself and love em to death! Id like to invite you my Saturday Video Chat while I'm at it smile.gif Sat @ 5pm GMT. The video chats here are great. A wonderful chance to ask questions and jam with players form all over the world.

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:20 PM