2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Is This Possible To Play?
Chokehold
Jul 15 2009, 07:31 PM
GMC:er
I just came up with this, and I think it fits great in the song I'm working on.
But is it a really hard lick that would take years to get up the speed to or is it something that is reachable for me?

(I can play most of the things I want if I just practice on it, but I would like to know if it would be worth the time or if it's better to come up with a new one.)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Stuff.gp4 ( 1.08K ) Number of downloads: 156

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jul 15 2009, 07:44 PM
Yes, that sounds a little bit crazy. There's actually a new lesson on this kind of sweeping:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/manic_sweeping/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
sted
Jul 15 2009, 08:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
yep, thats insane!

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Jul 15 2009, 08:55 PM
QUOTE (Oxac @ Jul 15 2009, 08:44 PM) *
Yes, that sounds a little bit crazy. There's actually a new lesson on this kind of sweeping:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/manic_sweeping/

I practiced that lesson a bit when it came out, so I know about it, but thanks. smile.gif

And I guess I will just try it then and see where it will go.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jul 15 2009, 09:18 PM
Sure, it's absolutely possible. If you think it's something that you'd like to be able to play; then practise it. If you think it's just a cool effect... get a loop pedal, play it, speed it up and pretend to use your teeth to play it.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Jul 15 2009, 09:20 PM
QUOTE (Oxac @ Jul 15 2009, 10:18 PM) *
If you think it's just a cool effect... get a loop pedal, play it, speed it up and pretend to use your teeth to play it.

Wtf laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 15 2009, 09:24 PM
Learning Tone Master

Jeff Loomis is doing these kinds of sweeps in this song, they are EXTREMELY difficult

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jul 15 2009, 09:25 PM
QUOTE (Chokehold @ Jul 15 2009, 03:20 PM) *
Wtf laugh.gif

He's referring to this:

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Jul 15 2009, 09:50 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jul 15 2009, 10:24 PM) *
Jeff Loomis is doing these kinds of sweeps in this song, they are EXTREMELY difficult

If he can then I can, it will just take a while I suppose. biggrin.gif

That song was great btw, never liked the singer in Nevermore but when he goes solo I like it.

QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jul 15 2009, 10:25 PM) *
He's referring to this:

I knew what he meant but I thought it sounded funny the way he said it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 16 2009, 12:23 AM
Instructor
Nothing is impossible, it just takes more time and hard work.
Thing is, do you really wanna spend too much of your time
on those sweeps at that tempo?
Do they sound or look that great for your taste?
If yes the go for it! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Muris Varajic: Jul 16 2009, 12:23 AM

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 16 2009, 02:36 AM
Instructor
the pattern you attached is actually not that difficult. It could sound like a cool effect.

btw, that Gilbert video is awesome

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jul 16 2009, 03:11 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jul 15 2009, 08:36 PM) *
btw, that Gilbert video is awesome

I just love his delivery when he reveals the secret, "so, I got this loop pedal ..." which is just as funny as the butt-arpeggio itself.

"How can you resist?" biggrin.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jul 16 2009, 06:17 AM
It's totally playable, but, remember to practice it with metronome, so you can develop your speed without losing the cleannes of your tone

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 16 2009, 08:10 AM
I smell DragonForce...

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 16 2009, 10:15 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds a bit like a chromatic riff to me :S Don't know, I wouldn't be able to play that stuff, but I don't really know your level of guitar playing ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Jul 16 2009, 10:27 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jul 16 2009, 03:36 AM) *
the pattern you attached is actually not that difficult. It could sound like a cool effect.

Seems like I will start practicing it now then smile.gif

QUOTE (Jesse @ Jul 16 2009, 09:10 AM) *
I smell DragonForce...

And I smell YOU

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 16 2009, 09:57 PM
Jazz Instructor
insane. I mean it's achievable, but are you willing to spend so much time to learn this?

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 17 2009, 12:56 PM
Instructor
It is definitely possible but it might take you some extra effort. Good luck smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Jul 17 2009, 08:06 PM
Instructor
Learnable piece but it’s not easy.

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
vampire18
Jul 17 2009, 08:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
i knew it reminded me of something and now i got it, it sounds if you use a bit o imagination like some lick of the power rangers solo so i thoght that if your willing to loose one of the triad notes repaet you can easily tap it in that speed just a thoght, cause i know what all the indtructors are saying but just think about doing that switch between them the same speed you hit a single note in the arpeggio

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:11 PM