> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rec No Led Quarter
No LED Quarter
The Poll
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

kahall
Feb 4 2011, 06:23 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson is here. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/No-Led-Quarter/

My stuff
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
POD Farm + Lots of effects since I don't have a whammy.
Reaper
Flip HD camera which turns to crap on youtube for some reason.

I really got distracted when this lesson was posted and kept on trying it until I got take below. Like I said above, I have no whammy bar on this guitar so it was more about playing around with POD farm on this than anything else. I really struggled with the timing on the first part as well and finally found playing with a metronome but not recorded helped me a lot but I may not have it right yet. I showed my first recorded take to a friend to check and he was like what the hell did you do in that first part..it was way way off which I only noticed when he pointed it out. Had some fun with this one and feel like this is one I could do until it was perfect since it is not too tough fingering wise. I think it could be better but I recorded it so have at it.

This Lesson Rocks cuz I'm Rockin it. ;-)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Feb 22 2011, 12:50 AM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 4 2011, 04:01 PM
Instructor
Great take!

I love the effect on it, pretty accurate.,

I know it's hard to keep the tempo on the first part, but you did a good job.

On the last part I would let the notes ring for longer they seem to cut off.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 4 2011, 07:31 PM
Instructor
I agree with everything Daniel said. All I would add is that you were rushing a bit with the heavier riff towards the end so practice keeping back a bit, practice staying on the beat.

Good job ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Feb 4 2011, 10:22 PM
Instructor
I agree with Daniel and Ben here.
Pay attention also to the intonation of some notes through the end, when you play with vibrato, as example the F# @ 2nd fret on 6th string or C# @ 4th fret on 5th string.
Great sound smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 5 2011, 10:51 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8! Good job

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:57 AM