Headphones And Microphone Suggestions
Maximus
Feb 15 2008, 10:44 PM
GMC:er
I recently purchased the Pod X3 Live and I like to do alot of late night practicing and recording so I need to buy a nice set of headphones. I'm also considering a mic for vocal recording through the pod. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stratman58
Feb 16 2008, 01:33 AM
For the headphones... Sennheiser hands down. I've had a pair for years, and between lows mids and highs, it is balanced just right. You don't necessarily need the high end studio headsets either if you're buying Sennheisers... the $40-$80 range 1/8" headphones are awesome through my PodXT live.

Sennheiser also makes great mics! Although, on that part (depending on if you want cardiod, unidirectional, or whatever) I'd go with the shure sm57 or sm58. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
God said "Let there be LIGHT"
and Chuck Norris said "Say Please"

Gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570 Mirage Blue
Fender Mexican Strat HSS Arctic White
G&L Climax Marble body (Found my Gotoh trem bar!)
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board
Ibanez delay and chorus tank pedals

+Quote Post
Maximus
Feb 16 2008, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. Which model do you have and hoew is the cord length?

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 16 2008, 04:32 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I suggest shure sm58 for vocal recording if you have the money..Its just standard for it and very high quality..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 16 2008, 05:15 AM
Instructor
If you have the money go for SM58 for mic and AKG K141 Studio phones. This is the quality that will last for long and a very good reference equipment.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Feb 16 2008, 05:34 AM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 15 2008, 11:15 PM) *
If you have the money go for SM58 for mic

I've read this several times. How much do they cost where you are from? Because where I live they're not that expensive.
SM57 = 110$ and SM58 = 160$. Compared to some mics that I've seen that cost close to 1000$, this is cheap.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 16 2008, 03:21 PM
Instructor
We're from Serbia, everything is expensive here because the standard is low wink.gif Don't second guess, SM58 is a great mic, we know it from experience and tone of people think the same. For starters it's a great thing to buy. Off course if you want something better...

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Feb 16 2008, 04:45 PM
I wasn't second guessing. The "cheap" term was about price and not quality. It's just that I was wondering on the price in other countries. With everythig I have read this mic seems to be an excellent buy. Everyehere I go on the web, people always recommend the SM57 and the SM58.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:20 PM