A Question About Tension And/or Arm Getting Tired..., ... while doing certain excercises
Frobb
Mar 10 2008, 04:24 PM
GMC:er
Hey fellow GMCers,
I've got this question I've been wondering about for a couple of weeks or so.

Chromatic excercises are a part of my practicing schedule and I do classics such as "1234", "1324" and "1423". Meaning, if we take "1234" for instance, that I play frets 1234 from low E to high E, and then reversing the pattern and going 4321 from high E to low E, and continues the same thing down the fretboard all the way to fret 12, and then going back to fret 1. You get the picture!

A couple of weeks ago I started doing this at 110 bpm, playing sixteenth notes, and when I do these excercises at this tempo I tend to get a tiring feeling in my right arm when I've done the excercise for a couple of minutes or so.

Is this tiring feeling a sign of my arm being tense while playing this and that I've pushed myself too hard? Or is it simply that I haven't developed the endurance required for doing these kind of things at this speed for a longer period of time?

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:33 AM