7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Soloing With Arpeggios/chord Tones, UPLOAD THREAD
Tolek
Mar 23 2009, 05:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 23 2009, 05:05 PM) *
Haha somehow I knew you were trying to trick my ear. Very hard to do by the way laugh.gif

Yeah, I guess. biggrin.gif Since you´ve studied music and know a lot about it. tongue.gif

BTW, can you play that song now? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 23 2009, 05:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 23 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Yeah, I guess. biggrin.gif Since you´ve studied music and know a lot about it. tongue.gif

BTW, can you play that song now? biggrin.gif

Yeah , you make it sound like I was born on planet Music or something biggrin.gif

I will play some of it on MSN tomorrow or day after. Working on a new lesson right now wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 23 2009, 05:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 23 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Yeah , you make it sound like I was born on planet Music or something biggrin.gif

Now I can say the word that use often to me: crazy! laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 23 2009, 05:10 PM) *
I will play some of it on MSN tomorrow or day after. Working on a new lesson right now wink.gif

Great! I can´t wait for both! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Mar 23 2009, 07:52 PM
GMC:er
im uploading my take tonight!

just wondering if some whammy tricks are ok? no harmonic diving or anything like that, just a little vibrato here and there

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 23 2009, 09:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Mar 23 2009, 07:52 PM) *
im uploading my take tonight!

just wondering if some whammy tricks are ok? no harmonic diving or anything like that, just a little vibrato here and there

You are more than welcome to pull off your tricks smile.gif
Make sure its all chord tones/arpeggios wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 23 2009, 10:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 23 2009, 09:56 PM) *
You are more than welcome to pull off your tricks smile.gif
Make sure its all chord tones/arpeggios wink.gif

Yes, otherwise Pedja is going to hear it without scruples! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 23 2009, 11:11 PM
heres my take from last night... Im glad i exported what i did in mp3 format... this is all i have to show for
3 hours of work, my computer froze and i lost the whole file i was working on. let me know if this isnt going to work,
and ill try to redo it by the deadline

anyway heres my take, nice collab

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Arpeggio_soloing.mp3 ( 540.84K ) Number of downloads: 154

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 23 2009, 11:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 23 2009, 11:11 PM) *
heres my take from last night... Im glad i exported what i did in mp3 format... this is all i have to show for
3 hours of work, my computer froze and i lost the whole file i was working on. let me know if this isnt going to work,
and ill try to redo it by the deadline

anyway heres my take, nice collab

I checked it out !

It sounds like in some parts you follow the rules , in some you didn't.
Idea was to play over C maj7 = C maj7 arpeggio notes only; A min7 = A min7 arpeggio notes only etc. Besides arpeggio notes (playing in order) you could play chord tones, which is playing in non specific order.

What you and couple of guys did so far was you took all the arpeggio shapes I posted and you played certain non chord tones over certain chords. In your take I hear that all the time. In Tolek's take that was on couple of spots. Both are ok in terms of melodic approach , but they don't strictly follow the rule of the class which is solo only with chord tones/arpeggio over actual chords in the background.

Let me know if you need some help with this . I can tab out something tonight if that helps with simple chord tone solo etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 23 2009, 11:20 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 23 2009, 11:17 PM) *
I checked it out !

It sounds like in some parts you follow the rules , in some you didn't.
Idea was to play over C maj7 = C maj7 arpeggio notes only; A min7 = A min7 arpeggio notes only etc. Besides arpeggio notes (playing in order) you could play chord tones, which is playing in non specific order.

What you and couple of guys did so far was you took all the arpeggio shapes I posted and you played certain non chord tones over certain chords. In your take I hear that all the time. In Tolek's take that was on couple of spots. Both are ok in terms of melodic approach , but they don't strictly follow the rule of the class which is solo only with chord tones/arpeggio over actual chords in the background.

Let me know if you need some help with this . I can tab out something tonight if that helps with simple chord tone solo etc

Sure some tabs would help me out then.. Ill redo it before the deadline

I stayed in the arpeggio shapes and made up licks that sounded good to me, but if you want something different im game to get it done

thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 23 2009, 11:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 23 2009, 11:20 PM) *
Sure some tabs would help me out then.. Ill redo it before the deadline

I stayed in the arpeggio shapes and made up licks that sounded good to me, but if you want something different im game to get it done

thanks

Awesome !

I will tab something out , in 30 minutes it should be here wink.gif

Ok guys !

I just tabbed out extra solo for you.

Its very simple approach how to use both chord tones and arpeggios. You will also find in the same guitar pro file muted guitar track. Thats my actual first solo which is going to be published as lesson really soon I hope smile.gif

Let me know if you have any questions. Analyze the notes I play , you will see that they are all in actual chords stated above staff lines !

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Arpeggio_Collaboration_for_forum.gp5 ( 6.21K ) Number of downloads: 90

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 24 2009, 03:55 AM
thanks for the gp file pedja... ill redo my take

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Mar 24 2009, 04:03 AM
hey pedja! finally done!

i apologize if the quality is horrid, i still dont have a mic pre amp (which im going to pick up this weekend) so i had to turn the gain up!

gah ill be happy when my recording issues are worked out!

you are lucky though! i think emirs boogie collab got the worst of it from me biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MaidenNOBT.mp3 ( 536.78K ) Number of downloads: 131
Attached File  MaidenwithBT.mp3 ( 532.68K ) Number of downloads: 140

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 24 2009, 04:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 23 2009, 05:05 PM) *
Haha somehow I knew you were trying to trick my ear. Very hard to do by the way laugh.gif

Nothing gets by Master Pedja....don't even bother trying!! He is like a parent with eyes in the back of their head. laugh.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 24 2009, 04:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 24 2009, 03:55 AM) *
thanks for the gp file pedja... ill redo my take

You welcome !
I will post 2 more solos tomorrow, that should hopefully help out a lot smile.gif

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Mar 24 2009, 04:03 AM) *
hey pedja! finally done!

i apologize if the quality is horrid, i still dont have a mic pre amp (which im going to pick up this weekend) so i had to turn the gain up!

gah ill be happy when my recording issues are worked out!

you are lucky though! i think emirs boogie collab got the worst of it from me biggrin.gif

Marc well done !
You followed and did everything I asked. I am not worried about sound quality, thats not being graded right now. There will be collabs with general and open playing but this is just topic oriented, and you did great man, well done.

Thank you for your take ! smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 24 2009, 04:05 AM) *
Nothing gets by Master Pedja....don't even bother trying!! He is like a parent with eyes in the back of their head. laugh.gif tongue.gif

This is great 5:03 am joke for me that will put me to sleep nicely now laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdriver
Mar 24 2009, 06:15 AM
Here is my country-jazz take. This is about the best I can do, as I wrote before, my concept exceeds my playing ability.

Attached File  jdriver_arp_collab_BT.mp3 ( 839.5K ) Number of downloads: 190

Attached File  jdriver_arp_collab_NoBT.mp3 ( 839.5K ) Number of downloads: 164

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 24 2009, 12:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jdriver @ Mar 24 2009, 06:15 AM) *
Here is my country-jazz take. This is about the best I can do, as I wrote before, my concept exceeds my playing ability.

Attached File  jdriver_arp_collab_BT.mp3 ( 839.5K ) Number of downloads: 190

Attached File  jdriver_arp_collab_NoBT.mp3 ( 839.5K ) Number of downloads: 164

Wonderful !
You got it all right, I have nothing to add to this right now, will talk more about it when final mix is published ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 24 2009, 04:47 PM
Instructor
Guys I did 2 more solos for you. I am submitting here guitar pro file with total of 4 different guitar solos ! That should give you plenty ideas to work from I hope wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Arpeggio_Collaboration_for_forum.gp5 ( 8.24K ) Number of downloads: 91

--------------------

+Quote Post
big harry
Mar 24 2009, 09:42 PM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 24 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Guys I did 2 more solos for you. I am submitting here guitar pro file with total of 4 different guitar solos ! That should give you plenty ideas to work from I hope wink.gif

Hey Pedja

What do you think of this one ?
i tabbed something out and i hope you were looking for sthg like that, if yes then i will do this one
pls let me know

thx
Harry

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Harry___Pedja_collab.gp5 ( 2.49K ) Number of downloads: 88

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 24 2009, 10:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (big harry @ Mar 24 2009, 09:42 PM) *
Hey Pedja

What do you think of this one ?
i tabbed something out and i hope you were looking for sthg like that, if yes then i will do this one
pls let me know

thx
Harry

Hey Harry,

I just checked out Guitar pro file. Looks perfect , all chord tones/arpeggios in there. Record it and submit it , you will be all set !

Great work !

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 24 2009, 11:13 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Here ya go Pedja. I'm gonna try and do another take before the deadline...we'll see. Definitely not a Jazz guy, laugh.gif tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  arpeggio_collab_BT.mp3 ( 546.86K ) Number of downloads: 143
Attached File  arpeggio_collab_nobt.mp3 ( 546.86K ) Number of downloads: 142

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:50 PM