> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Ballad soloing - dynamics and phrasing, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

PawelBernardo
Jun 27 2016, 02:39 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Ballad soloing - dynamics and phrasing by Darius Wave

Wah Gwaan Brothers & Sisters biggrin.gif
Give thanks for the lesson biggrin.gif
Jah Bless

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 29 2016, 01:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Pawel, this is a strong take, my friend. For me, the best things about it are your subtle vibrato, which is very tasteful, the tone, which is just right, and your picking attack.

The bending phrases also sound pretty accurate too.

A couple of things that would improve it:

-Making the lines flow a bit more naturally. You've memorised all the lines but at the moment everything sounds very "studied" and I can feel the concentration.

-Try using the volume knob for those swells. I assume you're using a volume pedal? It still sounds good but using the volume knob is an extra challenge and is part of the lesson. Also, those repeating bends that occur late in the lesson should have the volume knob involved too smile.gif

Other than those minor issues, it's a good take!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 30 2016, 12:58 PM
Instructor
Hey Paweł!

First of all it's definitely one of best takes over this lesson. I like your dynamics and articulation as well as gain and tone match (maybe just a little to warm for my taste). You've got a good pitch sense so your bends are really well placed in tune.

There are several moments where you play slightly different than the original. I think you could get even closer because you are able to. Same as Ben pointed - volume swells executed from guitar pot are additional challenge so it would be great if you could add this as well.

Overall it's piece of great job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2016, 05:27 AM
Instructor
Hi friend!

This is a killer take! I'm impressed of your delicate and ultra expressive playing. Your dynamics control on this take is fantastic and makes me give no importance to some licks that aren't sounding totally smooth in the second half.

I can also say that your tone is just perfect for this backing and style, and that your vibrato technique is also on spot.

I have nothing else to add to what the other instructors suggested, just congrats!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 5 2016, 01:39 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Edit: Please see Kris comments below smile.gif

This post has been edited by Fran: Jul 6 2016, 11:42 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 5 2016, 07:00 PM
GMC Founder
Hi Pawel - and weclome to REC smile.gif First let me say your take sounds very good - well done!

Because of the rules we have set up for REC - your take does not qualify:

* You need to record the whole solo in one take (at 1:01 we can see an edit)

* It also seems there might be audio edits as I am hearing more pick strikes than I am seeing at 01:11

Please feel free to submit a new take with these comments in mind. It is very important that the instructors can grade your actual performance, as you will get much better feedback - and the system will be more fair for other students.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:49 AM