Lesson Organisation
Raph
Aug 16 2009, 03:14 PM
GMC:er
I find that the lesson organisation on this site is very hectic and I'm finding it hard to know what to practice. So, I have a few ideas to organise the site's lessons.

- Lesson plan

The lesson plan idea which is stickied on the GMC, Lessons and Practicing board seems a great idea to find lessons to practice. So maybe, if we can group similiarly topic of lessons and arrange them is a sort of step-by-step way, maybe that can offer a more structured organisation.

- Difficulty courses

Maybe if we take the difficulty and incorporate the lesson plan/s, maybe there can be a group of lessons around a technique, topic and style that a beginner/advanced etc can practice. E.g. for beginners, an absolute beginner course can include First Steps by Andrew, the 101 lessons by Kris, David O'Toole's chord lessons etc.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Raph: Aug 16 2009, 03:19 PM

--------------------
Yesterday my fastest speed was 300 bpm - on a whole note exercise.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 16 2009, 03:31 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
We have built a portal on our wiki showing the different lesson plans that our members created, you can find it here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...al:Lesson_Plans

If you click on the category link in there it will also show you all current lesson plans available, which we converted into our wiki from the forums:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...amp;action=edit

A good way to increase this data base would be posting in the forum or directly creating new entries in our wiki, sharing the different plans we have used, with links to the lessons, schedules & some explanations.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 16 2009, 03:37 PM
Dont forget the series:O
I didnt even know about these pre-made lesson plans, thats just perfect:O

This post has been edited by Jesse: Aug 16 2009, 03:41 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Aug 16 2009, 03:38 PM
i do agree it would be nice if we could have a lesson plan by an instructor, and that it could be a official lesson plan. So lets say if kris makes a lesson plan, that covers what a beginner should know, theory, technique, same goes for intermediate and advance players. This to show what kind of basic stuff is mandatory for each level so that you could take your guitar playing to the next level. I think the lesson page should be somewhere on the main menu so that new members could spot it easily.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2009, 04:40 PM
Instructor
This is what I would do as well. If you guys want I can make such a plan.

BTW, there is one form of a structure that I made here (pointed to beginners)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=312457

Could these be something similar what you guys would prefer? Of course, I would make a bigger article and insert some pictures so it looks better, and not a bunch of links.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 16 2009, 04:51 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Martin la guitarra @ Aug 16 2009, 04:38 PM) *
i do agree it would be nice if we could have a lesson plan by an instructor, and that it could be a official lesson plan. So lets say if kris makes a lesson plan, that covers what a beginner should know, theory, technique, same goes for intermediate and advance players. This to show what kind of basic stuff is mandatory for each level so that you could take your guitar playing to the next level. I think the lesson page should be somewhere on the main menu so that new members could spot it easily.

Hmm I have made something similar in my instructor board :
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=29466

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 18 2009, 04:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 16 2009, 05:40 PM) *
This is what I would do as well. If you guys want I can make such a plan.

BTW, there is one form of a structure that I made here (pointed to beginners)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=312457

Could these be something similar what you guys would prefer? Of course, I would make a bigger article and insert some pictures so it looks better, and not a bunch of links.

wow.... someone please copy + paste that.... that should be somewhere up front...

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:31 PM