Guitar Handicaps
Cosmin Lupu
May 22 2014, 06:21 PM
Instructor
Here is a quick tip I talked about in some of my chat sessions in the beginning of this year - When people are stuck in a rut and find themselves playing the same licks over and over, they will often try to give themselves better conditions, i.e. by taking guitar lessons, learning new licks etc..

However sometimes less is more. Try to give yourself a slight handicap instead, for example try playing without the pick, or play in a key you are uncomfortable with, or try just playing a melody on one string. Often you will find this is faster way to achieve variations in your playing.

Here's the exercise examples we had in the chat session I was talking about: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=671081

Have you tried this? Can you think of some more examples of handicaps or let's call them limitations?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 22 2014, 06:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:07 AM