Adding Downloadable Copy Of Songs
gamerdude19
Mar 13 2009, 05:14 AM
GMC:er
I was just wondering if other people are in agreement with me about having an option to download the lesson, personally i find it helpful if I can listen to a song multiple times to learn it. And some lessons sound pretty sweet.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 13 2009, 05:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
Are you talking about an MP3 of the actual lesson or do you want to download the whole lesson videos?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 13 2009, 05:20 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Wouldn't be a bad idea, don't know if that also affects copyrights thought...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Wabba
Mar 13 2009, 06:11 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Yeah, i like the idea. It would be good to be able to download the mp3 of the lesson, and perhaps the backing tracks too.

+Quote Post
vampire18
Mar 13 2009, 07:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
some lessons here are good enough for me to put on my mp3 player and just listen to from time to time. plus i think that for some people here with mp4 it could be very helpful to take the lessons with them from place to place

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 13 2009, 09:52 AM
Instructor
Backing tracks are available upon request but we don't store mp3 of the full lesson on the server. The only full audio is actually the part of the main video. However, sending original video file is against GMC policy.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
enforcer
Mar 13 2009, 10:51 AM
I don't think that would be a good idea, If one was able to download videos of lessons, soon all the videos would start to roam around internet and this place wouldnt be able to make a single coin IMO biggrin.gif Now, at least it is very hard smile.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 13 2009, 11:13 AM
Instructor
I agree with Emir and Can on this one.
It wouldn't be great having lessons flying around net free of charge. GMC is a community so I like the idea of students asking for backing tracks and recording their takes over existing lessons. That makes us all work together and help each other out. Allowing things to be downloaded would lead to somebody paying monthly subscription and taking all the lessons and then canceling. Thats just bad business but also even worse for whole GMC community smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Mar 13 2009, 11:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
As far as i know a subscription is not needed to see the main video of each lesson. It's just GMC policy to keep them hosted on their server and not on youtube or somewhere else.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 13 2009, 12:08 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
As far as I know, currently only way to get mp3 of the backing tracks is to send a private message or request for it in the instructors board...Of course you want to do that only if you intend to practice the lesson smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 13 2009, 02:11 PM
Instructor
As far as backing tracks go, you can always request them to instructors.
I'm always happy to provide them for download if requested.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 13 2009, 02:41 PM
Jazz Instructor
As far as I am concerned, it is ok to get some mp3s, few maybe, but downloading 100 or so is really ridiculous.

+Quote Post
gamerdude19
Mar 13 2009, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Mar 12 2009, 09:16 PM) *
Are you talking about an MP3 of the actual lesson or do you want to download the whole lesson videos?

I was talkin about like an Mp3 to listen to. Just helps me figure out some songs to listen to them a lot. That and I'm not always near a computer when I'm playing but i always have my iPod, which if I forget a certain part to a song I can listen to it to remember how it goes I jus think it would be pretty useful to have the Mp3 option.

This post has been edited by gamerdude19: Mar 13 2009, 05:47 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 13 2009, 05:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
I actually thought about something similar some time ago.

I remember going to some online library some time ago, and I thought that when I "borrowed" a song/cd, I could just have it on my hard drive forever (stupid thought, but hey, this was years ago, when I was young and stupid). Anyways... I had the song on my hard drive for about a month, then when I tried to play it again, no media player could play it. I'm not sure if it was encrypted into the file or what, but I actually thought that was pretty cool.

I don't know how exactly this could be incorporated into GMC...

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 13 2009, 05:54 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hmmm, I don't think that downloading it would be acceptable in GMC policies, but maybe loop function on the lesson, or possibility to play only the sound part of the lesson in the backing track player with the loop function would be possible. So one could listen to the whole lesson while browsing the net/our forum/etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 14 2009, 02:26 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 13 2009, 05:54 PM) *
Hmmm, I don't think that downloading it would be acceptable in GMC policies, but maybe loop function on the lesson, or possibility to play only the sound part of the lesson in the backing track player with the loop function would be possible. So one could listen to the whole lesson while browsing the net/our forum/etc.

There is actually a loop function both on video and audio player here at GMC! Look at two white triangles just above the progress bar in the lessons..Move either one of them just a notch or select a specific region and once you press the play button it will loop forever between two white triangles! smile.gif Its a handy feature.

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Mar 14 2009, 02:27 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 14 2009, 10:34 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Bogdan, thanks for that! God, how could I never tried to do anything with those triangles? I am getting too old..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 14 2009, 10:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 14 2009, 10:34 AM) *
Bogdan, thanks for that! God, how could I never tried to do anything with those triangles? I am getting too old..

you can do it both on audio and video player mate.

Regarding lessons, it's GMC policy not to give videos or audio for download at the moment, as far as I know. But you can ask for backings on instructors boards, we will be happy to give the backings! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:00 PM