2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Glam/emo Bands Thread..., Tokyo hotel/Cinema bizarre
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2008, 02:56 PM
Instructor
Hey you guys that live in Europe and are near from these type of bands.... What do you think of ew glam bands like Tokyo Hotel and Cinema Bizarre?
(I think that your answers and thoughts will be funny biggrin.gif ) I'm find them very strane.. but maybe I'm becoming old... unsure.gif

Cinema Bizarre
Tokyo hotel

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 3 2008, 03:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Some of my friends(girls laugh.gif ) like Tokio Hotel. Personally I think there ok but I wouldnt die to go to there concert. I've heard there one of the biggest in germany but I mean I guess it just depends on what you like. I'm more of metal.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 3 2008, 03:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
A lot of people think that TOKIO HOTEL are really bad. Me too. biggrin.gif I don´t like them at all. However, they merit respect because of their age. Some of them aren´t 18 yet and are already famous over the whole world. They began playing music in a band when they were 13 or so. At that time, the vocalist´s voice changed and he sang really bad. Recently he had problems with his vocal cords and consequently he couldn´t speal anymore for some weeks. biggrin.gif I don´t understand why girls begin to cry when they see them. They have no reason. biggrin.gif

The other band I don´t know. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 3 2008, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jul 3 2008, 09:03 AM) *
A lot of people think that TOKIO HOTEL are really bad. Me too. biggrin.gif I don´t like them at all. However, they merit respect because of their age. Some of them aren´t 18 yet and are already famous over the whole world. They began playing music in a band when they were 13 or so. At that time, the vocalist´s voice changed and he sang really bad. Recently he had problems with his vocal cords and consequently he couldn´t speal anymore for some weeks. biggrin.gif I don´t understand why girls begin to cry when they see them. They have no reason. biggrin.gif

The other band I don´t know. tongue.gif

Haha that's true why DO girl's cry when they see them

Maybe there afraid that guys hair is going to hurt them. tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jul 3 2008, 03:14 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
well, i don't love the band tokyo hotel either... their guitar player is very overrated in my opinion... i know he is pretty young to be in a prfessionnal band but some of my friends (girls) keep thinking he is "such an awesome musician" laugh.gif

plus, he looks like a rapper huh.gif

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 3 2008, 10:10 AM) *

i thought "that guys" was a girl at first

This post has been edited by bladzerok: Jul 3 2008, 03:15 PM

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2008, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 3 2008, 11:10 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (bladzerok @ Jul 3 2008, 11:14 AM) *
well, i don't love the band tokyo hotel either... their guitar player is very overrated in my opinion... i know he is pretty young to be in a prfessionnal band but some of my friends (girls) keep thinking he is "such an awesome musician" laugh.gif

I also thought that he was a girl at first... ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 3 2008, 03:20 PM
QUOTE (bladzerok @ Jul 3 2008, 09:14 AM) *

I thought he was a girl at first too! haha laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 3 2008, 03:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Did you know that this "awesome" "guitarist" and this "incredible" "vocalist" are twins? xD They don´t look like monozygotic twins (from the same mother... ehm, I mean egg).
I have never seen the guitarist playing a solo. xD

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 3 2008, 03:28 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jul 3 2008, 09:27 AM) *
Did you know that this "awesome" "guitarist" and this "incredible" "vocalist" are twins? xD They don´t look like monozygotic twins (from the same mother... ehm, I mean egg).

wow haha

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2008, 03:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jul 3 2008, 11:27 AM) *

biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Check the other band' myspace (Cinema Bizarre)... It took me more time to discover if the singer was a man or a girl... This remembers me to the first album of Poison.
I can say that Tokyo Hotel has some nice voice melodies in their songs and hits. I don't know the other band but I read that they are the main competitor of Tokyo Hotel.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jul 3 2008, 03:55 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
for cinema bizarre: they sound pretty good, but its not my style, and they are about as ugly as tokyo hotel( i can't believe they're all guys ohmy.gif ), but they have more talent than T-H, at least in my opinion

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 3 2008, 03:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
OH MY GOD!!! They aren´t guys... Their music is also not very good in my opinion. However, much better than the TH. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jul 3 2008, 04:03 PM
GMC:er
I truely hate Tokio Hotel smile.gif I just do laugh.gif

The only people I know of ( not know in person ) that like them are some 10 year old kids probably, who think that they are cool when they listen to them. Dont ask my why they think that huh.gif laugh.gif
Anways I hate them and everyone I know hates them too laugh.gif smile.gif

Btw yeah I thought the singer was a girl too dry.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jul 3 2008, 04:13 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 3 2008, 10:56 AM) *
(I think that your answers and thoughts will be funny biggrin.gif ) I'm find them very strane.. but maybe I'm becoming old... unsure.gif

That was funny Gabe, sometimes I also think that I am too old to understand emos and these new movements... the difference with the early years of Glam Rock is that, even though band members dressed like women and had funny hairdos, they didn't cut themselves only because, I don't know, it's raining! wacko.gif I remember a few years ago when The Smashing Pumpkins and similar bands were really hot... it was a pretty depressing stuf in my view... but these emos are crossing the line man biggrin.gif

Si te queres reir un poco y te gusta Capusotto, mira estos videos que me hacen llorar de la risa, se llaman "La vida de un emo"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evphXreOGRA

Un abrazo!

+Quote Post
Iron King
Jul 3 2008, 06:41 PM
AHHH! KILL IT WITH METAL!!!

honestly, I can't stand those kind of bands, modern or old. At least the older ones attracted full grown and good looking women.
They look ridiculous! It's all so fake an planned out. You know there's a problem when a band spends more time in front of a mirror then they do in the rehearsal studio.

anyway, if you guys think they are impressive because of their age, look at a band called Black Tide. They started in their early teens, and even though the drummer is around 20, the singer/guitar player is 15! When he was 14 they played the main stage of ozzfest

+Quote Post
chast
Jul 3 2008, 07:00 PM
Learning Roadie
I heard that Gen loves Tokio Hotel, because he is french, sorry Gen biggrin.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Gen
Jul 3 2008, 07:02 PM
QUOTE (chast @ Jul 3 2008, 08:00 PM) *
I heard that Gen loves Tokio Hotel, because he is french, sorry Gen biggrin.gif

Doesn't make any sense since Tokio Hotel is a German band laugh.gif
And guess what people ohmy.gif Chast is German ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2008, 07:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JuanMV @ Jul 3 2008, 12:13 PM) *
That was funny Gabe, sometimes I also think that I am too old to understand emos and these new movements... the difference with the early years of Glam Rock is that, even though band members dressed like women and had funny hairdos, they didn't cut themselves only because, I don't know, it's raining! wacko.gif I remember a few years ago when The Smashing Pumpkins and similar bands were really hot... it was a pretty depressing stuf in my view... but these emos are crossing the line man biggrin.gif

Si te queres reir un poco y te gusta Capusotto, mira estos videos que me hacen llorar de la risa, se llaman "La vida de un emo"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evphXreOGRA

Un abrazo!

laugh.gif laugh.gif Capusotto is awesome!!! It's a pity that the english speakers can't understand him! sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 3 2008, 11:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Tokio Hotel is not really the music i listen to .. maybe i should as their are really popular here in france as well. I have heard a lot of kids in school choose german now as first foreign language. I think it's good, if a band has (temporarily) an effect on this .. smile.gif

I have seen live 3-4 songs from Tokio Hotel on an open festival here in paris. I think it's a band which does music to entertain and does not want to compete with Petrucci or Pavarotti .. and entertain they do really well in my opinion.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 3 2008, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Jul 3 2008, 05:35 PM) *
Tokio Hotel is not really the music i listen to .. maybe i should as their are really popular here in france as well. I have heard a lot of kids in school choose german now as first foreign language. I think it's good, if a band has (temporarily) an effect on this .. smile.gif

I have seen live 3-4 songs from Tokio Hotel on an open festival here in paris. I think it's a band which does music to entertain and does not want to compete with Petrucci or Pavarotti .. and entertain they do really well in my opinion.

Did not entertain me, I found them boring, banal. I am pretty confident that if you strip away all the processing, and ignore the hair and clothes, and you just listened to them in a garage, most everyone would agree that they suck. They will come an go and be forgotten, and the marketing execs will move on to the next product to sell to that demographic group.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:42 PM