Gibson Factory Raided, CEO Speaks OUT
Michael AC
Sep 9 2011, 12:09 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
The Gibson guitar factory was raided over wood being used...really amazing!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
jstcrsn
Sep 9 2011, 12:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
if any one is wondering (outside the U.S.) this is what happens when you give ( by elections) the wrong people to much power

and wonderful job creation from the people in charge

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Sep 9 2011, 12:41 AM

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 9 2011, 01:53 AM
Instructor
wow this is incredible, actually unbelievable!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 9 2011, 01:58 AM
Learning Tone Master
Gibson is notorious for ignoring regulations on wood, and have been under observation and investigation for years.

In this case, Gibson knew they were dealing with illegal woods (in the same way that if you buy illegally obtained stuff like a stolen guitar, your guitar will be taken away from you and you will not be reinburst).
Check some information from none-gibson sources.

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Sep 9 2011, 02:02 AM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 9 2011, 02:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Sep 9 2011, 01:58 AM) *
Gibson is notorious for ignoring regulations on wood, and have been under observation and investigation for years.

In this case, Gibson knew they were dealing with illegal woods (in the same way that if you buy illegally obtained stuff like a stolen guitar, your guitar will be taken away from you and you will not be reinburst).

would be happy to read from your sources ,feel free to post them

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 9 2011, 02:35 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Michael AC @ Sep 8 2011, 07:09 PM) *
The Gibson guitar factory was raided over wood being used...really amazing!

This is the second post about this actually. It does seem a bit crazy.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 9 2011, 03:32 AM
Instructor
i would like to see more info about this from a non gibson perspective, BUT, at the moment this is very suspicious an iconic american brand, one of the finest in the world, for decades, what a shame.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Sep 9 2011, 04:09 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Sep 8 2011, 08:58 PM) *

The wood is not illegal. The Indian law states that all working of the wood must be done in country. I think it is called the Lisa law or something. That is what the reason was for the raid, violating international law supposedly by US workers hand-working the wood. Many manufacturers other than Gibson buy wood internationally. The US interpretation of the law is bogus. Interesting how the Indian government does not agree with it.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2011, 04:17 AM
Instructor
I don't know who is telling the true but we need Gibson Guitars!! So.. I hope that this can be solved soon!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 9 2011, 08:56 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Michael AC @ Sep 9 2011, 05:09 AM) *
The wood is not illegal. The Indian law states that all working of the wood must be done in country. I think it is called the Lisa law or something. That is what the reason was for the raid, violating international law supposedly by US workers hand-working the wood. Many manufacturers other than Gibson buy wood internationally. The US interpretation of the law is bogus. Interesting how the Indian government does not agree with it.

The wood was illegally obtained madagascar ebony from the German supplier Nagel. It is internationally recognized as an endangered species, and western countries dealing with the illegal timber trade is considered a huge problem, and under the Lacey Act, U.S. companies can be held accountable to the environmental laws of foreign countries. Not all madagascar ebony is considered illegal (but it needs preservation), but Gibsons certificate from the Rainforest Alliance does not cover wood from Madagascar. Thus - illegal trade with wood.

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Sep 9 2011, 09:01 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 10:00 AM