Zero Glide
ChrisGLP
Dec 2 2015, 06:41 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Does anybody have any experience with a zero glide nut system?

I have ordered one for my LP.... I'm curious about how it works.... unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2015, 03:23 PM
Instructor
no, I don't! So please share with us your experience when you try it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 2 2015, 04:56 PM
GMC:er
Only played but never dealt with that system. The Gibson LP's system (as far as I remember) though is height adjustible unlike the pickture you shared though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Dec 2 2015, 07:47 PM
Hi Gab... sure...I will share my experience with this system... smile.gif

As you know I am practising a lot of bendings at the moment. The problem is that I can tune the string after each second bending... and that is really sh..... mad.gif The string jams in the nut.... So I have decided to buy an zero glide nut...

Hi Mertay... my LP from 2014 has no adjustable nut... (I think only the 2015 models)

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 2 2015, 08:27 PM
QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Dec 2 2015, 06:47 PM) *

You'll probably need a luthier to replace the nut anyway, let him worry about it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Dec 3 2015, 06:47 AM
I think (I hope) that its not to difficult to replace the nut as you can see in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-VuukWD3Jw

and I hope the system will be delivered today.... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 3 2015, 04:49 PM
Ah ok, I thought you ordered the newer Gibson nut system this is something else. I did watch the video, if you have the proper tools yeah it seemed do-able.

Just keep in mind the neck angle must already be at your prefered perfect spot, if tightened more afte the nut is instealled the open strings might buzz. Also, don't go too safe with the height as if too high then playing comfort will be degreded. Let us know how it goes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Dec 7 2015, 06:58 AM
its done and it works well.... smile.gif the great advantage, the string doesn't jams anymore in the nut and so the tuning stability is much more better!!!

one more advantage, the open string tone sounds more dynamic (vibrant)...

Time for replacement, 1,5 h. The most exciting thing was to remove the old nut. It is very important to score the edges of the old nut along the neck and fingerboard with a razor blade, otherwise the coating can be damaged....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 7 2015, 03:50 PM
Instructor
Great! Good job mate, thaks for sharing this info.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 7 2015, 04:02 PM
Looking good! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Dec 15 2015, 07:53 AM
additionally I have changed the original tuners against the Grover(Gibson PMMH-025) tuners... primarily because of the look but as I have noticed these tuners are much more precise

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:13 AM