12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
My First Student Collaboration, Rock ballad style - all levels
Dexxter
Jan 24 2009, 11:40 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hey, hope I'm not too late, decided to record a solo. I've been playing for 2 years smile.gif Don't hold back on the comments wink.gif

[attachment=12952:Dexxter_...r_Collab.mp3]
[attachment=12953:Dexxter_...r_Collab.mp3]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Jan 25 2009, 01:34 AM
Learning Roadie
I started about 5 years ago, and only practised occasionally ... mainly strumming chords. I've become dedicated since I joined GMC in March last year.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 25 2009, 02:52 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks Emir for putting such a great Collab together. Writing your own solo, or even just improvising it is one of the best parts of the guitar playing experience for me. And I get a lot of ideas from hearing everyone else too.

I've been playing way too long now to even think about it laugh.gif , but I've heard it said and I believe it's true that it's not how many years you've been playing, but how many hours. Apparently, I've got to put in a few more hours still laugh.gif laugh.gif . So far, a really rough estimate would be that I've put in about 5000 hours so far. I'm estimating that I had about 3 two year periods where I was able to play two hours a day and then the rest of the time, just picked it up about 2 hours per week.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 25 2009, 04:50 AM
Instructor
Thanks everyone for the great feedback. Many of you are saying that I can't hurt your feelings with my comments even if I wanted to but my point wasn't about hurting anyone's feeling. It is just to help me realise what level you are on. There are some takes where it sounds like people are desperately trying to use techniques they are not comfortable with (more on this subject soon in the intro text of my comments). I thought my comments will be more realistic if I know your level and number of months/years spent with the guitar. I will never say "hey man you are not born for this, you should give up playing " hahah. I will just give you bunch of advices that you can hopefuly find helpful.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 25 2009, 05:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Emir, I don't think anyone is worried about you being the Simmon Cow (sorry don't no how to spell his last name) of GMC. I have read your comments on the other collab and I think they where great. We are all here to learn and we posted our takes so that we could get your honest thoughts.

All of the hard work your putting into this massive collab is greatly appreciated.

Thanks bro! smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
strat
Jan 25 2009, 09:51 AM
GMC:er
Hi Emir,

I bought my strat in 1980 and then I played with two friends of mine just for fun. In 1982 I stopped playing and startet again by the end of 2007. Since I joined GMC in May 2008 I'm playing more regulary.

bye
Strat

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 25 2009, 10:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
I had a lot of trouble getting this down as I wanted it, and I didn't... haha. Hope it's alright smile.gif

EDIT: Oh, and I started playing guitar in 2003, I think. Played Nirvana/alice in chains-stuff for about 2 years, then moving on to playing some progressive metal stuff, then neglected the guitar (meaning I practiced about 10 hours all in all for about 2-3 years), and then started again more seriously about ½-1 year ago now, but not with very much practice discipline, mind you! Haha smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 25 2009, 10:26 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  CAelumamittendum_without_backing.mp3 ( 779.18K ) Number of downloads: 93
Attached File  CAelumamittendum_with_backing.mp3 ( 779.18K ) Number of downloads: 134

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 25 2009, 10:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 25 2009, 04:24 PM) *
I had a lot of trouble getting this down as I wanted it, and I didn't... haha. Hope it's alright smile.gif

EDIT: Oh, and I started playing guitar in 2003, I think. Played Nirvana/alice in chains-stuff for about 2 years, then moving on to playing some progressive metal stuff, then neglected the guitar (meaning I practiced about 10 hours all in all for about 2-3 years), and then started again more seriously about ½-1 year ago now, but not with very much practice discipline, mind you! Haha smile.gif

Nice one mate! smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 25 2009, 10:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 25 2009, 09:24 PM) *

thank you for the take and info smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 25 2009, 10:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Emir,

Sorry for the delay Emir , here's my take:

[attachment=13000:rock_bal...th_no_bt.mp3]
[attachment=12999:Rock_Bal..._with_bt.mp3]

I started to play guitar in 1993 , I played for 3 years and I was pretty mediocre I must say. I stop playing for 10 years aprox , and I pick up guitar again 2 years ago. So that's it.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
ztevie
Jan 25 2009, 10:48 PM
I played on and off(mostly off) for 15 years. Picked up the guitar at a young age, lost interest, women and other things started to get noticed... Had a few years break, picked it up again, got tired and didn't touch it for 4 years. Now my interest got back a while ago...
I would say I have maybe played for 5 or 6 years, not counting my periods of not playing.
Had a few years where I only played acoustic covers, gigging with a singer friend at pubs and such.
Also played in bands twice, but we were not serious.. One played thinlizzy-songs and the other played 80-s hair metal.. wink.gif

I am too lazy and have to much other interests, I rarely finsih a song and I never practice seriously, mostly I sit noodling around with what I think are cool riffs... Very bad! I have tried now since I found GMC to learn some lessons and get back, and for the first time actually try to improve my skills.
Now when I have motivation, I have a family with a 5-year old daughter, so practicing time is limited.. But it's great fun once I do have time to play...

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 25 2009, 10:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 25 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Hi Emir,

I started to play guitar in 1993 , I played for 3 years and I was pretty mediocre I must say. I stop playing for 10 years aprox , and I pick up guitar again 2 years ago. So that's it.

thank you

QUOTE (ztevie @ Jan 25 2009, 09:48 PM) *
I played on and off(mostly off) for 15 years. Picked up the guitar at a young age, lost interest, women and other things started to get noticed... Had a few years break, picked it up again, got tired and didn't touch it for 4 years. Now my interest got back a while ago...
I would say I have maybe played for 5 or 6 years, not counting my periods of not playing.
Had a few years where I only played acoustic covers, gigging with a singer friend at pubs and such.
Also played in bands twice, but we were not serious.. One played thinlizzy-songs and the other played 80-s hair metal.. wink.gif

I am too lazy and have to much other interests, I rarely finsih a song and I never practice seriously, mostly I sit noodling around with what I think are cool riffs... Very bad! I have tried now since I found GMC to learn some lessons and get back, and for the first time actually try to improve my skills.
Now when I have motivation, I have a family with a 5-year old daughter, so practicing time is limited.. But it's great fun once I do have time to play...

thank you for this helpful info.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 25 2009, 10:50 PM
QUOTE (ztevie @ Jan 25 2009, 10:48 PM) *

Well, so this is a life wink.gif
Same with me - now when I really want to, I have my family, my really time-breaking job and so on... blink.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 25 2009, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have been playing for 2 years

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 25 2009, 11:08 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 25 2009, 10:24 PM) *

I like it Ben. Good job man!!

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 25 2009, 10:44 PM) *
Hi Emir,

Nice job Andres. Really like the arpeggio section! Very nice use of those biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Jan 25 2009, 11:09 PM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 25 2009, 11:59 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi Emir, sorry missed your post on supplying info , so here goes ...

I started playing 2 weeks ago biggrin.gif pfft I wish .. who am I kidding laugh.gif

I first picked up the guitar in 1985, should maybe of put it down again straight away laugh.gif but many years later I`m still plugging away at it best I can smile.gif as I said in my collab on the Instructor board, kinda stuck in the 80`s & imo become very limited but in the last year or so, well since joining GMC really I`ve started branching out into different techniques and trying different styles etc. Enjoying my playing at the moment but still so many areas of improvement, the guitar is a constant forever ongoing learning experience smile.gif

Cheers
Chris

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 26 2009, 01:49 AM
Instructor
Thank you Smells smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 26 2009, 08:36 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 25 2009, 04:50 AM) *
Thanks everyone for the great feedback. Many of you are saying that I can't hurt your feelings with my comments even if I wanted to but my point wasn't about hurting anyone's feeling. It is just to help me realise what level you are on. There are some takes where it sounds like people are desperately trying to use techniques they are not comfortable with (more on this subject soon in the intro text of my comments). I thought my comments will be more realistic if I know your level and number of months/years spent with the guitar. I will never say "hey man you are not born for this, you should give up playing " hahah. I will just give you bunch of advices that you can hopefuly find helpful.

We know you're not going to hurt our feelings on purpose laugh.gif
I really liked the downright honesty in your Instructor Collab, and I want to hear where I need to work..
Of course, positive comments are always welcome biggrin.gif

As you say, most of us aren't as good as the instructors so your comments will have to be adapted to our experience.
That's why I think it's awesome that you ask about how long we've played etc. smile.gif
Makes for a great collab! smile.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 26 2009, 02:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 25 2009, 05:08 PM) *
Nice job Andres. Really like the arpeggio section! Very nice use of those biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot Monte, your take was awesome , very nice legatto technique you've got there.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Sondre
Jan 27 2009, 04:51 PM
Been playing for about 16 months. smile.gif Mostly Metallica.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:41 AM