Sold Nearly Everything, And ended up with...
Jim S.
Jun 17 2015, 12:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
A banging ass PA system!

It took about 2 weeks, persistence and a little luck and a lot of risk. My risk was selling my only amplifier loud enough to play in a band setting.

Gear acquired:

2600 watt Mackie amp
400 watt peavey amp
300 watt horn amp
300 watt Yamaha amp
16 channel Yamaha mixer

1 stereo crossover

2 2x15 eminence loudspeakers in custom boxes with very nice horns
2 18" eminence Subwoofers in down firing cabs
Matching rack semi wired.

1 IMac 5 for $25 it had a bad mouse...

It took quite a while getting it all wired and adjusted but it is ridiculous. The 2600 watt is bridged and only powers the subs but takes all the signals and feeds the other amps. The crossover built into that amp is worth every penny I did not spend.

Today I got to play with my guitar and it was quite scary how much different it sounds. It's crisp and deep and the sound just fill the entire 2000sqft garage. The funniest part was playing with my octave preset, it shook my whole place and yet screamed.

Well I thought I'd share my story because I think it's nuts that about a week ago I had tons of pedals and goofy stuff lying around and somehow managed to pull this off.

Here are some pics, it's a bit of a mess but I'm not sure where it's all going yet and its gigantic.

Oh the only problem I see is that I don't have a guitar amp anymore just an elephant to move!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 17 2015, 09:26 AM
GMC:er
Congrats! what does the imac do?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 17 2015, 11:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 17 2015, 04:26 AM) *
Congrats! what does the imac do?

Hey thanks!

Nothing yet as it has 512 ram... But it can run the FireWire mixer in GarageBand. There are still a few things I'm selling and I'm hoping to upgrade the memory and use it to record with. Happy days!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 17 2015, 08:23 PM
Gotcha wink.gif Did the imac come in with the PA bits? Either way, congrats on your new setup smile.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jun 17 2015, 06:57 AM) *
Hey thanks!

Nothing yet as it has 512 ram... But it can run the FireWire mixer in GarageBand. There are still a few things I'm selling and I'm hoping to upgrade the memory and use it to record with. Happy days!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 17 2015, 08:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 17 2015, 03:23 PM) *
Gotcha wink.gif Did the imac come in with the PA bits? Either way, congrats on your new setup smile.gif

Nope just stumbled across it at a coffee shop talking about music stuff!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 19 2015, 10:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's a sound check from today. I haven't played guitar in over a week because of all the bartering and trading and setup.

The highs are crystal clear. Mids seem to struggle a bit though.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 20 2015, 11:42 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Cool, nice Vader there BTW smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 20 2015, 01:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 20 2015, 06:42 AM) *
Cool, nice Vader there BTW smile.gif

Ha ha thanks Fran! You never know when a cardboard vader will be necessary...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2015, 05:50 PM
You can tweak the eq on the GNX to get more mid definition and you can tweak the eq on the mixer for the channel the gnx is one. If you are using pa speakers with 15 inch drivers and using subs, you have wads of bass. You may need to eq in some mids smile.gif Congrats on your rig!

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jun 19 2015, 05:49 PM) *
Here's a sound check from today. I haven't played guitar in over a week because of all the bartering and trading and setup.

The highs are crystal clear. Mids seem to struggle a bit though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:36 PM