First Time In The Forum.
Buzzcat
Feb 7 2012, 02:06 AM
GMC:er
Greetings everyone,

This is my first time posting in the forum and I thought I would introduce myself. Besides, I'm intrigued by the prospect of those 15 allegedly killer riffs. Haha! I'm often trawling the net looking for good resources for guitar students, and this is how I came across this one. I signed up immediately. smile.gif

Anyhow, I'm Tao, I'm a rock chick, and I run a business here in Melbourne, Australia called Rock School (not so original a name but it's definitely appropriate). I have 65 students that I teach myself, all lessons are one on one. I love teaching and am very proud of the long-term dedication my students have shown, most of them have been coming for lessons for all of the six years that I have been running Rock School.

I recently left a band that's signed to a major label, it was a tough decision to make and although I'm still not entirely comfortable with it, I'm keen to push my business into new territory that will benefit my students. It was getting too difficult to manage both projects. There's an awesome website on the way, but in the meantime if you get a chance, you can check out some of my students on my YouTube channel at:
www.youtube.com/rockschooled

See you all around and thanks for reading,
Tao.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 7 2012, 02:57 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I like how you tied in the youtube channel with your school, its good for people to get feedback from whoever, even if the feedback upsets them. As proud as I was of my first recording, it hurt to hear the bitter truth about it laugh.gif

But now, thanks to all the people (especially on here) who gave me great advice over the past five years my stuff is much better, as I am sure your students will follow the same trend judging from the videos.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 7 2012, 03:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome!! You'll find plenty of Rock-Inspiration and killer lessons here at GMC!!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2012, 04:23 AM
Welcome! smile.gif A rock chick eh? How cool is that? We are thrilled to have you join our community here wink.gif I'd like to invite you to my video chat this Saturday @ 10pm GMT if you can make it : ) Hop in to other video chats as well! They are part of what make GMC great smile.gif

The ROCK SCHOOL sounds awesome! Do share some links so we can check it out! Congrats on your success with it smile.gif you RAWK!

Todd

QUOTE (Buzzcat @ Feb 6 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Greetings everyone,

This is my first time posting in the forum and I thought I would introduce myself. Besides, I'm intrigued by the prospect of those 15 allegedly killer riffs. Haha! I'm often trawling the net looking for good resources for guitar students, and this is how I came across this one. I signed up immediately. smile.gif

Anyhow, I'm Tao, I'm a rock chick, and I run a business here in Melbourne, Australia called Rock School (not so original a name but it's definitely appropriate). I have 65 students that I teach myself, all lessons are one on one. I love teaching and am very proud of the long-term dedication my students have shown, most of them have been coming for lessons for all of the six years that I have been running Rock School.

I recently left a band that's signed to a major label, it was a tough decision to make and although I'm still not entirely comfortable with it, I'm keen to push my business into new territory that will benefit my students. It was getting too difficult to manage both projects. There's an awesome website on the way, but in the meantime if you get a chance, you can check out some of my students on my YouTube channel at:

Tao.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2012, 10:21 AM
Instructor
Hey Tao! Mighty impressive project you are running here biggrin.gif

Well, we are glad to welcome you to the family and I would like to suggest a few things you could try to explore, such as the video chat sessions. Check out the bottom of the homepage for details on the schedule smile.gif my sessions are always happening each Thursday at 8PM London time and we are currently tackling a series on modes!

I would also be honored if you would take a look and try out my Cosmin's Licks Workshop - in here, I am coming up with various licks, from various styles and difficulty levels and assignments too, so feel free to give it a shot!

See you around the forums and remember, we are here for you, so don't shy away from asking questions!

all the best

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 9 2012, 11:44 AM
Instructor
Hey Tao, welcome aboard! smile.gif That's a fine business you have running, I was thinking to make something similar locally as well. If you need any help with anything, let us know! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 9 2012, 12:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Tao and welcome to GMC cool.gif

Another Aussie to have another argument with about Marmite vs Vegemite !! biggrin.gif

Just kidding !

It's great that you've got involved in the forum.. this is where all the real magic happens.

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 9 2012, 02:56 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Buzzcat @ Feb 7 2012, 02:06 AM) *
Greetings everyone,

Tao.

Hello Tao, welome to GMC! biggrin.gif You'll have a great time here!

Thanks a lot for sharing the channel, it is awesome! Respect for such a big project! When I saw a cover of Andy McKee's Drifting, there was suddenly a big smile on my face biggrin.gif Love the Little Wing too, and I'll have to check the others as well!

Have a nice time on the forums! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 9 2012, 05:28 PM
Instructor
Hi Tao!! Awesome introduction! That project sounds so awesome! I always dreamed to create a School of rock in Argentina... based on that amazing movie but obviously taken it seriously. You are already doing it so Congrats! I checked and subscribed to the Youtube channel. That Gravity cover sounds just perfect! So well, it's cool to have you here enjoying the site and also sharing your experience! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 9 2012, 05:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Buzzcat @ Feb 7 2012, 01:06 AM) *
Greetings everyone,

Tao.

Hello Tao! Welcome to GMC! I love your YouTube channel! Congrats on your Rock School!:) Happy to see you here!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 9 2012, 10:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Tao and Welcome to the site smile.gif ! I also have a private Rock school ,with about 30 students, but '1:1' also ! And it's a great fun even though it is sometimes difficult job. It is certain that we can exchange some experience if it sounds interesting. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Buzzcat
Mar 16 2012, 04:07 PM
Hello there Uncreator!

I like your username, hehe. I am returning to the GMC forums a whole month after my introductory post and am reading through the replies.

Thank you for your kind words and welcome. So, do you write your own material and post it around here for review? I'd like to hear some - do you have a YouTube channel?

Regards,
Tao.

+Quote Post
dark dude
Mar 16 2012, 05:58 PM
QUOTE (Buzzcat @ Mar 16 2012, 03:07 PM) *
Hello there Uncreator! I'd like to hear some - do you have a YouTube channel?

It's all in his signature:

Youtube
Facebook
Soundcloud

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 16 2012, 06:16 PM
Learning Roadie
This is cool, Tao. smile.gif I subscribed so I can see these talented kids at work. They are sure to keep me encouraged and inspired. It's cool to have another gal here!

Welcome to GMC!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:46 PM