One Happy Camper
leedbreak
May 7 2007, 04:27 AM
GMC:er
This should probably be posted in gear but I put it here anyway.

I had mention in an earlier post about a friend that has a les Paul that simply plays itself. Unbelievable action. Well that friend came over this weekend and brought that darn thing again. This was the first time I had played on it since I joined this site. I found that my speeds were faster and far cleaner and when I tried to play as fast as possible and I was hitting it right. Simply the most rewarding thing ever for me on guitar. I set out then to figure out what was really the difference, because I had to have it right then. I found it was not the action as much as it was the bridge and how my picking hand had so much room while still over all the stings. I got in the truck and headed out to shop for me a new ax. I played several brands all with the les paul type of bridge. I was shopping by price as I could not fork out enough for a new paul, then it happened. I pick up a Schecter Diamond series and after just one attempt at a scale I new I had found a new love. It plays better than the les paul did and my speeds are up by about 15 BPM for 16th. I can also do runs I could not do on Friday. Simply a revolution for me I could not be more pleased with the guitar and the progress this site has help me see.

- Leadbreak

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by leedbreak: May 7 2007, 04:33 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 7 2007, 04:55 AM
thats great news...i have good news too like this......THIS FRIDAY WOOOO i get my guitar off of layaway...its an Ibanez (o yea smile.gif) Rgr 521 EX2, its so sweet looking, and i can play really good on it..and i love the tone and eveyrthing, and i just started to play maleza's solo, with Gabriel on the video and everything..i almost have it perfect..i have few spots to work out...cus im like 2 bpm faster than i should be on them specific spots..and im not so sloppy not..after learning to mute some strings while speedpicking biggrin.gif..but ive improved greatly since being here...even in the first week..i showed improvemnt on everythign biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 7 2007, 11:13 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ May 7 2007, 05:27 AM) *
This should probably be posted in gear but I put it here anyway.

I had mention in an earlier post about a friend that has a les Paul that simply plays itself. Unbelievable action. Well that friend came over this weekend and brought that darn thing again. This was the first time I had played on it since I joined this site. I found that my speeds were faster and far cleaner and when I tried to play as fast as possible and I was hitting it right. Simply the most rewarding thing ever for me on guitar. I set out then to figure out what was really the difference, because I had to have it right then. I found it was not the action as much as it was the bridge and how my picking hand had so much room while still over all the stings. I got in the truck and headed out to shop for me a new ax. I played several brands all with the les paul type of bridge. I was shopping by price as I could not fork out enough for a new paul, then it happened. I pick up a Schecter Diamond series and after just one attempt at a scale I new I had found a new love. It plays better than the les paul did and my speeds are up by about 15 BPM for 16th. I can also do runs I could not do on Friday. Simply a revolution for me I could not be more pleased with the guitar and the progress this site has help me see.

- Leadbreak

I'm glad one more found how much guitar for the money Schecter gives you biggrin.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 7 2007, 01:32 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Wow, great! Enjoy your new love ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
leedbreak
May 8 2007, 03:03 AM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ May 7 2007, 05:13 AM) *
I'm glad one more found how much guitar for the money Schecter gives you biggrin.gif

If that is a picture of yours on your avatar then mine looks identical.

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 8 2007, 08:36 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ May 8 2007, 04:03 AM) *
If that is a picture of yours on your avatar then mine looks identical.

Yepp, that's my little baby. I'm not sure which model you choosed but I think all the C:s (and some more models) share the same bodyshape.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:11 PM