> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Van Halen Style Rhythm, Lesson By Alex Feather
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Dieterle
May 5 2012, 05:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Van Halen Style Rhythm by Alex Feather

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=44168

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 6 2012, 09:18 PM
Instructor
Hi mate. You are doing a big effort on this one but there is a big problem with timing. You are not getting the groove on this one. The first riffs is closer but everything starts to loose tightness and in some parts that you are definitely not going with the drums. It's a tricky lesson if you are not used to difficult note values. My suggestion is to practice this one divided in the different riffs and play it over Alex guitar or using the Guitar pro file.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 7 2012, 06:03 PM
Instructor
This take is better! You didn't loos the beat and were pretty close following the backing track!
Gabriel has a good advice! I can suggest breaking it into parts and play along with my guitar!
The first riff was pretty good except of the ending! Try to focus on the second part now!

+Quote Post
skennington
May 7 2012, 07:45 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
*bump*

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
May 7 2012, 08:10 PM
Instructor
It is obvious that you need more patience! You got a riffing, it just remain to practice in a slower pace ! Above tips are valuable, divide song into parts, it is the best way to finish the whole song in a short time. Keep practicing !

laugh.gif My mouse slipped, this wasn't quite for the highest score happy.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 11 2012, 06:57 PM
Instructor
Guten Abend, Dieter !

It's improving for sure but it still needs a lot of work before it would be near a pass.

Gab and Alex's advice is probably the best to help you see where you're getting left behind or if you're playing in front of the beat. In most cases I would say that you're getting slightly behind the beat so use Alex's lines to pace yourself with. smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
May 19 2012, 05:52 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7 on this one man

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:25 AM