2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Praetorian Mtp Thread, June
Lian Gerbino
Jun 3 2010, 09:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Ben! this gonna be our mtp thread for June. I've read your Pm, so I already have an idea of what you are looking for.
so, I will be posting your first assignment soon.
thanks for choosing me as your mentor! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 3 2010, 10:35 PM
Instructor
well man, here we are...
after read your pm, I decided to start with this lesson for the following reasons:
I don't know if this lesson is easy or hard to you, but here we have some palm muting stuff, and a easy solo at the end. this will let me know about your current level, timing, technique, vibrato, intonation, etc., and after to watch and listen to your take, I will be able to create a more personal plan for you.
as you can see, below the "Final Take for..." there's no link now. there, after your first assignment, I will select a lesson you will have to work on this weeks in a side of the weekly assignment. so, this final lesson, will be a goal to reach during the month and this take must be upload to the rec program in representation of an ended phase, in this case, June phase.
any questions are welcome, and have fun!

Assignment 1
manowar
Final Take for REC Program
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...style-advanced/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 26 2010, 04:30 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lian_Gerbino___Manowar_P1_BT.mp3 ( 1.29MB ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  Lian_Gerbino___Slayer_Advanced_BT.mp3 ( 933.78K ) Number of downloads: 0

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 4 2010, 08:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Awesome! I'll get right to it Lian! I think I can handle this lesson...but I have a Jackson SLSMG, that is a fixed bridge, so I won't be able to do the trem drops.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 4 2010, 08:13 PM
Instructor
there's no problem about it. just keep the powerchords sounding wink.gif
have fun!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 5 2010, 08:45 PM
Hey Lian, I have all your presets on your board. Are you using one of these for this lesson?

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 7 2010, 02:34 AM
Ok...here is my take. Sorry about how dark it looks. My camera is super old and a piece of crap! I actually had on all the lights in the room, and it still looks like a cave!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 9 2010, 06:06 PM
Instructor
well man, great first take smile.gif
I think it was very good, there are some problems tho. so will be working on every aspect during this mtp.

first I saw it, I notice something about your palm muting . you haven't an unique sound. some powerchords are extremely powerful and others are full of noises.
work on that, keep jamming riffs a while and pay attention on your right hand. find out what is wrong. let your ears guide you, 'cause you got a powerful sound there, just you need to avoid noises.
then at solo part, main problem are bends out of tune. for this you only have to focus on the note you want to reach. you can look for the right note in other place on the fretboard and then try to copy the note using bends.
I know it's annoying but results worth it. smile.gif

this is your next assignment:

Assignment 2
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...style-beginner/

use this lesson to put in practice what I said above about your palm muting.
and also, we add some fast picking.
this kind of fast picking i's played completely unmuted.
have fun man! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 16 2010, 04:32 PM

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 9 2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks Lian! I'll get started on that new lesson ASAP...one thing though. I have a VERY hard time with pinch harmonics. I understand the concept, just have a very difficult time pulling them off!

Also, did you use one of your usual tone settings for this new lesson?

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Jun 9 2010, 06:21 PM

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 9 2010, 06:26 PM
Instructor
well, don't waste too much time on them. learn the lesson and tell me about how it's going. and if p.h. are a problem, just replace them for the note you'd have to play the p.h.
I know this technique is very difficult when you only have the theory to work along. but, if it keep giving problems, I can show you how I do it by video-chat/lesson...
I'm on the way to get a cool camera to do that, so it will be very useful for this kind of problems.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 9 2010, 08:22 PM
One last quick thing...you mentioned that lots of my powerchords were full of noises. I agree...but am not sure how to play them cleanly. Do I need to move my muting hand farther up the string muting them more?

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 11 2010, 04:35 PM
Instructor
yes, keep muting the strings further up until the noise fade away. not too much 'cause you will be missing the notes you wanted to play.
this is not about to find one unique place to put the palm, what you have to do, is to create a fluent motion with your hand, feeling the strings and learning where you have to mute more or less. this is difficult to think about, but it will come in time. gradually, you'll find you are doing it without thinking.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 14 2010, 01:40 AM
Lian,

This one isn't going so smoothly. I am having a tough time finding the "groove" or feel of this. My timing is all screwed up and I can't seem to get the natural flow of the tune. I am still keeping at it, but it is slow going so far.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 16 2010, 04:34 PM
Instructor
as we agreed by PM, I've changed the previous assignment 2 for this one, the Slayer Beginner lesson.
I'm looking into my files to find the project and re-make a BT without guitars.

have fun man!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 16 2010, 05:49 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 16 2010, 11:34 AM) *
as we agreed by PM, I've changed the previous assignment 2 for this one, the Slayer Beginner lesson.
I'm looking into my files to find the project and re-make a BT without guitars.

have fun man!

I noticed something Lian...in your intro video to that lesson, I hear your guitar, and then at the end, you play the last part higher up on the fretboard...but you hear the original guitar as well, so there are two guitars. Maybe in the proper timing backing track you did it so there would be two guitars for the final take? If so, then I guess it is supposed to be there!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 17 2010, 03:03 PM
Instructor
that's right. but as other members has requested to me for bts without this second guitar, I thought you were wanting the same. just a bt without that second guitar line. if you can play it along this bt and you'll get the final atmosphere then it will be closer to my original take. so, tell me what you prefer... both ways are fine to me at this phase.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 17 2010, 06:09 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 17 2010, 10:03 AM) *
that's right. but as other members has requested to me for bts without this second guitar, I thought you were wanting the same. just a bt without that second guitar line. if you can play it along this bt and you'll get the final atmosphere then it will be closer to my original take. so, tell me what you prefer... both ways are fine to me at this phase.

Ok! I'll keep it as it is...I love the two guitars playing different parts at the end!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 17 2010, 06:17 PM
Instructor
cool! looking forward your take! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 17 2010, 06:31 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 17 2010, 01:17 PM) *
cool! looking forward your take! smile.gif

Which of your pod tone settings did you use for this lesson? I have been using your Blind Guardian setting with some minor tweaks...but I think the D string sounds a bit too clean with my settings. The low E and A strings sound killer. I can't seem to get the D "dirty" enough if you know what I mean.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 17 2010, 06:42 PM
Instructor
this should be... or it should be closer smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lian_MetaL_RiFF.l6t ( 2.18K ) Number of downloads: 3

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 20 2010, 08:09 PM
Here it is Lian! I hope you like it...this one went MUCH smoother! I love Slayer, and this definitely had their vibe while still being possible to play!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:02 AM