Greetings
ch00ch00man
Apr 8 2007, 12:39 AM
GMC:er
Hello everyone,

My name is Boris Kogan. Writing about self has never been easy for me. I suspect the same to be true for most. Let me start of with some quick stats:

age - 40
married - yes
kids - 3
occupation - software engineer
residence - new york, usa
last played - >25 years ago

Thats right, I haven't touched a guitar since March 19, 1982. Most of you will know what happened on that day. For those that don't, its the day Randy Rhoads died. To say he was an influence on my life would be like saying mt. Everest is a pile of dirt, an understatement.

Anyway, enough of this self pitying, introspective crap. I recently came across this little gem on YouTube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z95VRQLJgD0, and my jaw just fell to the floor. I'm ready to start playing again. I have all the motivation I need to work my ass off. I feel like a kid again.

If anyone is curious why I chose this site, its simple. I did some digging, and for my money this is one of the best put together, most professional instruction sites there is. Pavel, you rock man. I love your technique. I'm gunning for you wink.gif

Well, that about it. I'm really excited to get started, learn, and make some new friends.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 8 2007, 01:06 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (ch00ch00man @ Apr 7 2007, 07:39 PM) *
Hello everyone,

My name is Boris Kogan. Writing about self has never been easy for me. I suspect the same to be true for most. Let me start of with some quick stats:

age - 40
married - yes
kids - 3
occupation - software engineer
residence - new york, usa
last played - >25 years ago

Thats right, I haven't touched a guitar since March 19, 1982. Most of you will know what happened on that day. For those that don't, its the day Randy Rhoads died. To say he was an influence on my life would be like saying mt. Everest is a pile of dirt, an understatement.

Anyway, enough of this self pitying, introspective crap. I recently came across this little gem on YouTube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z95VRQLJgD0, and my jaw just fell to the floor. I'm ready to start playing again. I have all the motivation I need to work my ass off. I feel like a kid again.

If anyone is curious why I chose this site, its simple. I did some digging, and for my money this is one of the best put together, most professional instruction sites there is. Pavel, you rock man. I love your technique. I'm gunning for you wink.gif

Well, that about it. I'm really excited to get started, learn, and make some new friends.

Welcome Boris - I'm also 40 and just across the line in Connecticut, glad you found the inspiration to pick a guitar up again, and good luck, we'll help you all we can!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
Apr 8 2007, 01:55 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 7 2007, 08:06 PM) *
Welcome Boris - I'm also 40 and just across the line in Connecticut, glad you found the inspiration to pick a guitar up again, and good luck, we'll help you all we can!

Andrew,

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. I'm in Rockland county, just across TZ bridge. I have some friends in Connecticut (Danbury). We get out to see them quite often. Maybe some day (when I'm back to my earlier form wink.gif ), I can come out and jam with you. Do you play in a band?

Boris

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 8 2007, 02:12 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (ch00ch00man @ Apr 7 2007, 08:55 PM) *
Andrew,

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. I'm in Rockland county, just across TZ bridge. I have some friends in Connecticut (Danbury). We get out to see them quite often. Maybe some day (when I'm back to my earlier form wink.gif ), I can come out and jam with you. Do you play in a band?

Boris

I drive that way to NJ a lot on business - TZ is a lot less congested than the GW and a much easier drive! I'm in New Canaan, pretty close to Stamford and Norwalk, and my wife is addicted to the mall at Danbury blink.gif

I'm a Brit, I've been living here for a year or so now, not in a band currently - Jamming would be fun sometime smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:03 PM