2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Mentholwhore Video Collab Mix, Come and see! :)
Darius Wave
Sep 2 2013, 12:29 PM
Instructor
Here is the final mix of MentholWhore video collaboration

Thanx a lot to Monica, Patrik and Unleech for making this happen. All of You have different styles and I think this makes the collab very interesting.

Now time for some feedback:

1. Monica - very good sense of melody and nice tone. You were afraid You won't handle the style of track but You did it great! It's not always about some fancy technical stuff. Your phrasing is worth much more than tons of licks that everyone already heard milion times smile.gif We have to fix Your picking hand (the way You grab the pick) so You'll be able to play some harder things too. I love that kind of vocal-like solo treatments smile.gif

2. Darius - learn how to play duuuude!

3. Patrik - some very cool stuff directly from the blues and metal roots! Nice support for the backing guitars. You nailed it at the key moments! Your solo probably fits the metalcore style most of us all biggrin.gif Good usage of phrygian mode at the point where it could fit. Also love the "good old blues lick" at the beginning of the chorus smile.gif.The only thing I would fix is to lower the gain a bit and hide the mids so You have some more treble. It's very important when You listen on different speakers types. When guitar tone is focused only on the middle, than You will feel the most differences in volume on different audio set up's

4. Unleech - You put some nice work to it! Well played and nice technique. It defenetly brings something cool to the collab. Also like the tone and stereo guitars concept. Only thing I would change is to develope the ending part...I mean there was some headroom for adding some more different things like one more "center guitar take" with melody. It sounded like a good shredding background for a main melody. Anyway thank You soo much for taking the time and giving Your cool approach to this collab smile.gif You did a great job!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Sep 2 2013, 12:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
That was really good, you all put a lot of work into it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Sep 2 2013, 12:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 2 2013, 12:51 PM
Instructor
Thanx Ulrik! I really enjoyed doing this smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 2 2013, 12:53 PM
GMC:er
Wow..a very shreddy collab...High standards by all you fast fingered people! Darius you are a funny Dudius!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 2 2013, 01:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Sep 2 2013, 11:53 AM) *
Wow..a very shreddy collab...High standards by all you fast fingered people! Darius you are a funny Dudius!! laugh.gif

Dudius Waste - new nick name...ha ha ha...Headbangie...Your a master biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 2 2013, 01:19 PM
Learning Tone Master

I really enjoyed to watch this video. It was very fun, in the typical style of Darek laugh.gif You work a lot to make this video collab but in the end came out very cool. You, Patrik and Unleech , are very talented players and I'm very happy that I was a part of this project. I really thank you Darek, for you convince me to join in wink.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Sep 2 2013, 01:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
That was brilliant, boys and girl!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 2 2013, 01:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 2 2013, 12:19 PM) *
I really enjoyed to watch this video. It was very fun, in the typical style of Darek laugh.gif You work a lot to make this video collab but in the end came out very cool. You, Patrik and Unleech , are very talented players and I'm very happy that I was a part of this project. I really thank you Darek, for you convince me to join in wink.gif

I took me more time to convince You than the whole collab mix tongue.gif But I'm glad You agreed biggrin.gif

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Sep 2 2013, 12:19 PM) *
That was brilliant, boys and girl!

Thanx Hungry! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Sep 2 2013, 01:41 PM
Thanks for putting this together Darius. Monica, you have a great sense of melody and great tone. Unleash, that was sick, great harmonies and tapping. Darius, u da man \m/@@\m/

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 2 2013, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Sep 2 2013, 12:41 PM) *
Thanks for putting this together Darius. Monica, you have a great sense of melody and great tone. Unleash, that was sick, great harmonies and tapping. Darius, u da man \m/@@\m/

You damn man ?tongue.gif:P Thanx Patrik! Very good add to the collab! Thanx for Your take smile.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 2 2013, 02:16 PM
Really cool stuff, great job man! It is really exciting!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 2 2013, 02:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Sep 2 2013, 01:16 PM) *
Really cool stuff, great job man! It is really exciting!

Thanx for taking the time to listen Bahadir! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 2 2013, 02:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations everyone - I enjoyed every second of this video!
All the takes were really cool! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 2 2013, 02:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 2 2013, 01:23 PM) *
Congratulations everyone - I enjoyed every second of this video!
All the takes were really cool! smile.gif

Thanx Bogdan! Also huge Thanx for giving it on the main site! smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 2 2013, 02:45 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
That was a very entertaining collab to watch. smile.gif You all put down some amazing solos! Especially the guy with the sunglasses. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 2 2013, 02:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Sep 2 2013, 01:45 PM) *
That was a very entertaining collab to watch. smile.gif You all put down some amazing solos! Especially the guy with the sunglasses. cool.gif

"He" was hired just for that one take tongue.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Sep 2 2013, 03:53 PM
AMAZING! biggrin.gif Darius man how do you come up with those things and in HD?! laugh.gif you gotta teach me how you do that stuff on camera cool.gif

Monica, I liked very much how your tone gets blended in without being muffled behind the other instruments, may I ask how you achieve that tone? tongue.gif

Patrik your fingers can get faster than a computer sometimes laugh.gif

Unleech you've got some killer dexterity in your fingers cool.gif And great production quality man biggrin.gif

Even though it was four musicians only, I think this was the most "different" kind of collab mix I've ever seen here tongue.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 2 2013, 04:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Sep 2 2013, 02:53 PM) *
AMAZING! biggrin.gif Darius man how do you come up with those things and in HD?! laugh.gif you gotta teach me how you do that stuff on camera cool.gif

Monica, I liked very much how your tone gets blended in without being muffled behind the other instruments, may I ask how you achieve that tone? tongue.gif

Unleech you've got some killer dexterity in your fingers cool.gif And great production quality man biggrin.gif

Even though it was four musicians only, I think this was the most "different" kind of collab mix I've ever seen here tongue.gif

Ha ha biggrin.gif That's easy - buy some good lights and dslr camera...and...spend some hours on finding the good set-up tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Sep 2 2013, 04:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
That was awesome smile.gif Congrats

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 2 2013, 06:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Sep 2 2013, 12:41 PM) *

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. Patrick, you play with a lot confidence and I really like it your improvisation!
Unleech also are great and his speed is awesome!
You guys are amazing!

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Sep 2 2013, 02:53 PM) *

I'm really obsessed to find the perfect tone.To be honest, I spend more time to find the tone, than do improvisation. I made this preset in Guitar Rig. Small amount of distortion ( I'm not able now, to play with more distortion because my palm mutting it's faraway from me laugh.gif ), vintage reverb, pshychedelay. But most important for me, the tone must sound very warm and with a open sound not clogged and dry.

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Sep 2 2013, 06:33 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:29 PM