Ayreon - 01011001, Epic!!!
Owen
Feb 12 2008, 09:55 PM
GMC:er
Not really into extreme progressive power metal esque stuff but this album has some great talent, near the top of the Dutch charts at the moment I believe.

Described as an "Epic Rock Opera" it features talent from Lori Linstruth (Stream Of Passion), Michael Romeo (Symphony X), Jonas Renkse (Katatonia), Simone Simons (Epica), Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian) and many others, needless to say, all big names in the metal world here, and he's worked with Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth and Devin Townsend in the past.

It deals with quite a few large concepts and lyrically asks many questions, mainly on the rise and future of the human race, its a bit geeky but then I realise a few people here will probably like that edge to it as its a bit unusual and different, nice and catchy though, and two discs of interesting concept to boot.

Anyway, myspace is here! and theres only a few short clips but for fans of epic music, this is probably a must smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 12 2008, 09:59 PM
I really don't like it. It's too long. Nothing on the Universal Migrator or Human Equation or Final Experiment. Even his Star One and old stream of passion projects.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 12 2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I think it needs listening to over a longer period of time, its not really something that I would condense down into a single listen anyway.

Not heard any of the old stuff - I just got this on the off-chance it would be half decent and it has some nice ideas smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 12 2008, 10:06 PM
I'm sorry to say that I don't like this. Mostly because of the singing style of most of the singers. And there was way to little Renkse for my taste aswell laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 12 2008, 10:15 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Feb 12 2008, 01:06 PM) *
I'm sorry to say that I don't like this. Mostly because of the singing style of most of the singers. And there was way to little Renkse for my taste aswell laugh.gif

As a big death metal fan I'd obviously prefer some growling but it just wouldnt fit with the music laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 12 2008, 10:57 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 12 2008, 10:15 PM) *
As a big death metal fan I'd obviously prefer some growling but it just wouldnt fit with the music laugh.gif

Well, sometimes it fits, I love day twelve - trauma from the human equation. But that may have something to do with me being a huge Åkerfeldt fanboy

EDIT: With all this being said, some of the riffs on the new album are still amazing.

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Feb 12 2008, 11:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 12 2008, 11:25 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah its without a doubt some cool music, and an awesome album for sure, I think i listened to it once in a single sitting staring in the morning, and by the time it was done it was like 5pm laugh.gif (Sarcasm of course wink.gif )

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 12 2008, 11:29 PM
Seems like a lot of people hated this album. I was on MA couple of weeks back and theres like a 7 page post about this and most of it is stabbing the band.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Feb 13 2008, 09:53 PM
I'm still on the fence right now about this guy. I own universal migrator part 1 and 2. I liked it but I didn't really get into it as much as I thought I would. It might be just this album or that I'm not in my prog phase right now. Don't know.

That said it takes a lot of talent to do what he does. Huge concept albums with tons of guest vocalists and musicians. That really impresses me that he can make an album with so many people from different styles and that it all works.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:34 AM