Sucks...
RIP Dime
Apr 7 2007, 02:46 PM
GMC:er
Sorry, I'm not trying to get attention, I just gotto get this out...

Recently some bad $h!t has happened in my life. My grandfather has passed recently, we were close and I loved him, it was pretty unexpected. Since my grandmother has moved into a retirement community, she misses my grandfather alot, and hasn't been doing much at all, and it really concerns me. My dog that I've had all my life has a huge tumor and will have to be put down soon. My cat that I've had all my life just died from a blood clot! I'm struggling with all this college-future-career stuff. And my girlfriend and I are having problems. sad.gif
*sighs* I'm usually a very positive person but I'm getting so overwhelmed by $hitty stuff that's it's been tough to stay positive. But don't get me wrong, I realise how good I've got it, and that there are many other people in this world that are having a harder time than me. And I am very thankful for the huge amount of opportunities and things I have.
But it's times like these that I can really tell what the things are that I can rely on. I know this because the things I use as a release I have improved greatly at(guitar), and the things I truly love I love even more(Heavy Metal). I just try to focus on the thing I do as a release, and the things I love. I just noticed while all these bad things have been happening, I have improved alot at guitar, I play cleaner, faster, and with more control than before. And my improvisation has also increased greatly. I have also renewed my love for many great bands. I no longer dislike a band just because they aren't as technically skilled as other bands, as long as there songs crush and sound great or catchy I love em now! Band like Static-X, and System of a Down I now see are great bands! Maybe the guitarists can't speedpick or sweep as well as Steve Vai or Yngwie Malmsteen, but they are just as skilled if not more at the thing that really counts: songwriting!(this is all my opinion) This has made listening to music even more enjoyable than before! biggrin.gif
So even really bad things have good in em. I think I'm dealing with it pretty well but any advice or any kind words would be appreciated.
Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by RIP Dime: Apr 7 2007, 02:46 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:21 PM