5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Open For Questions
Marcus Siepen
May 15 2008, 09:57 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
So, as I mentioned in the topic above, I want to use this forum to answer your questions of course, so whatever you guys would like to ask, about recording, touring, being in a band in general, my equipment or whatever else, feel free to post your questions here.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 15 2008, 10:10 AM
GMC:er
Ey Marcus,

I'd loved to know if you're really such a big fan of The Lord Of The Rings as it seems when you check out your albums ohmy.gif?

I do really love lotr, and not only the movies; I infact love al J.R.R Tolkiens work ohmy.gif
Listening to Nightfall In Middle Earth really gives me the same feeling as reading in Tolkiens works about epic
battles and I just want to thank you for that smile.gif

And another question I have, but this one can probably be answered by any lotr fan.

Why does Gandalf say in The Return of The King when he talks against Denethor "I'm a stewart myself, you know"
*I dont know if this is how to say it in english tongue.gif*
Gandalf is a stewart from what... ? blink.gif

Cya later,

Mark. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mark.: May 15 2008, 10:16 AM

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 15 2008, 07:55 PM
Yes, I am a huge fan of the Lord of the rings, all of BG's members are. I got in contact with Tolkiens universe when I was about 12 or 13, by reading the Hobbit, and I loved it right from the first page. It took me some time to read the Lord of the rings though, I was a bit scared by the size of it in the beginning tongue.gif But well, by now I read both several times, more are to come, those books are just amazing. And yes, I also love the movies, even though I was very sceptical in the beginning, I just did not believe that somebody could turn such a complex story into a working movie... but well, Jackson made it. And about Gandalf being a steward.... hmmm, no idea tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 15 2008, 08:02 PM
Tnx for replaying biggrin.gif
I knew that it was kinda a stupid question to ask a BG band member if he likes lotr laugh.gif

I just thought of another question tongue.gif

It's about the album A Twist In The Myth, why did you put this guy saying "You're listening to the new Blind Guardian CD A Twist In The Myth" in ohmy.gif When I heard the album at a friend I thought it was kinda bothering huh.gif
The songs on the album are great, but why this voice? What if you release a new BG CD then A Twist In The Myth isn't the newest BG CD anymore huh.gif laugh.gif

Anyways still a superb album tongue.gif

Mark. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 15 2008, 08:22 PM
Lol, what you are talking about is called "voice over", it is a kind of copy protection that the music industry is using for Promo CD's. Promos are given away long before the official release of an album, and unfortunately most of them are on the net on the very same day. To prevent having the full songs online weeks (sometimes months) before the release day, somebody had the idea to have those voice overs, like this people can get an impression about the songs, but they are "stimulated" to still buy the album in case they like the songs, the regular version of the album, the one that you can buy in the shop, of course does NOT have this voice over. So what do we learn from this? Either your friend has connections and got a Promo cd, or he illegally downloaded it from the net wink.gif About a new cd and our general timing about releasing them... well, we are working on new songs, but if you are familiar with BG you should know that we always take our time wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
May 15 2008, 08:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Glad you do take your time ^^ I've yet to find a Blind Guardian song that's not worth the wait tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 15 2008, 08:32 PM
Damn, why do I always ask wrong or stupid questions Dx?!?

I listened to it at a friend, he had it on his pc, dont know he got it though. And I put it from their on my Ipod tongue.gif
Which is the most recent thing i've spended all my money on tongue.gif

Sorry if it's an illegal and it cost you money. But for me the problem is that I only got like 15 euro's, and I wanna buy a new amp, so the best solution for me is that I "borrow" some music from friends Dx
I'll dropkick my friend in your name okey xD?

Also I can't wait for the new CD tongue.gif got to save like 20 euros for that right? ohmy.gif It's almost my birthday so that should do it smile.gif

But you may take as long as you need, the longer it takes the better it's gonna be ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 15 2008, 08:41 PM
We will take as long as we need anyway, whether you like it or not tongue.gif And about downloading music, I think I will write something about this during the next days, after all I have my own forum here now, so better use it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Orlandun
May 23 2008, 09:41 PM
I got a few quick questions.

First, Whats your recording setup like that you use at home for making your lessons Programs, equipment, etc?

Also who were your personal guitar heroes growing up? Your inspirations to start playing guitar.

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 23 2008, 10:25 PM
I will give a full report about my setup during the next days, ok?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Orlandun
May 24 2008, 02:46 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 23 2008, 02:25 PM) *
I will give a full report about my setup during the next days, ok?

Sounds good to me.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 24 2008, 06:59 PM
Marcus.. how much time did you spend practicing a day between the ages of 20-25 annddd how well did you do in school/ do you have any higher education ( university degree) or did you do all music school stuff?
thanks smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 25 2008, 12:19 PM
My practicing times never followed a clear pattern, there were days when I played all day long (not only practicing, but also composing or just playing around, having fun with a guitar), and there were days when I didn't play at all, sometimes I can be very lazy wink.gif If your other question means if I skipped school to play guitar, no, I didn't wink.gif I finished my schooltime here at the Gymnasium and got my degree, I didn't go to any university after that though cause we already had a record deal while I was still in 11th grade, so after school I just did my civil service and since then I am a professional musician.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Harlequin
May 25 2008, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 25 2008, 01:19 PM) *
I just did my civil service

Because you didn't want to cut you hair? biggrin.gif

--------------------
"'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.'" - Terry Pratchett

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 26 2008, 07:33 PM
Is there a better reason not to go to the army? wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
black and white
May 26 2008, 07:44 PM
OK, google can answer anything...............and yes I have way too much time on my hand............

A steward is a caretaker.....Denathor was a Steward (caretaker) of Gondor.

http://greenbooks.theonering.net/questions/files/040100.html

Q: Gandalf is talking to Denethor and says something like "I'm also a steward, did you not know?" What is Gandalf referring to? What is he a steward of? All Middle-earth, perhaps.

A: I truly think you have answered your own question in this case. Gandalf’s task was to be the Enemy of Sauron. To me that says doing everything he could to preserve Middle-earth from the terrifying reign of Sauron that would commence if Sauron regained the One Ring and was able to take control. He is a Steward of the freedom of the peoples and the unspoiled-ness of the lands of Middle-earth.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 13 2008, 03:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
How did you start/ or get into your first band and how do you right your music?

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jun 13 2008, 10:20 AM
I started my first band as most likely many of you did it too, I just had some friends who also played an instrument, and instead of sitting at home, playing along to some records, we decided to for our first band and play together. Actually I only had one friend back then that also played guitar, but he knew somebody that played bass, and that guy again knew somebody that played drums... and guess what, the drummer knew a singer smile.gif
About songwriting, in the beginning we were meeting in our rehearsal room and we were just jamming, maybe somebody had an idea and we tried to work on this, but back then we wrote songs all together. Today this is a bit different, in BG we all have our little studios at home, this is where we work on our ideas, we don't really jam in the rehearsla room anymore to write songs, we exchange our song ideas that we recorded and then for example Hansi can try some vocal lines with a playback that I recorded.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 13 2008, 07:36 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi Marcus! I would like to ask You, what guitar was the acoustic one that You played in the studio video of Bard's Song? I will have to find a new acoustic for myself soon, this will be out of my price range most probably, but still worth a try.. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jun 16 2008, 04:30 PM
That was my old Ovation Legend, a very nice guitar that I have been using for a very long time. Ovations have a very unique sound since there is not much wood used to build those guitars, but many people like them a lot and they are very reliable, specially on stage.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:23 AM