Getting new pick ups
MickeM
Feb 16 2007, 05:48 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'm gonna get new pickups for two of my guitars. One is a Stratorcaster (3 singelcoils) and the other is an Ibanez (2 humbuckers)

For the Ibanez I think it's quite obvious what sound I'm looking for.

To keep it simple, Dimarzio, either Evolution pu's in bridge and neck (Steve Vai) or Fred + Paf Joe (Joe Satriani). I'm leaning towards the Fred + Paf Joe.
Suggestions?

For the Strat I'm looking for heavy metal and hard rock, no twang.

The Squire Stratocaster... I don't like the sound of the stock pu's, they are lame.
So how about;
Dimarzio: Super Distortion in the bridge position, Pro Track as mid and Air Norton in the Neck
or
Seymour Duncan: JB Jr. in the bridge, Duckbucker in mid, Little 59' in the neck.

I've been looking for JB + Jazz or JB + 59' as humbuckers in my LP but with those in the Strat I could keep my LP as is. So I'm leaning towards the SD pu's.

Ideas or experiences anyone?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Feb 16 2007, 05:50 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Pavel
Feb 16 2007, 05:54 PM
Instructor
I have EVOLUTION's on my JEM and those are the best i've played so far. They let you make whatever you want and pick every difference in position of playing a string. No other advice from me. Evolutions!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:17 AM