Strings
Outlaw2112
Jan 30 2008, 03:15 AM
GMC:er
Tonight i was all warmed up and in the zone, learning a lesson when i heard snap... I broke the top e string and have no back-up strings... You better believe tomorrow im gonna buy 3 or 4 packs.. I was wondering what everyones favorite brand of strings are? Right now i have S.I.T. strings on my guitar, but i usually get GHS guitar boomers.. dry.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Outlaw2112
Jan 30 2008, 03:24 AM
Has anyone tried these strings out?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-221...764-i1122272.gc

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 30 2008, 03:30 AM
Instructor
There are many good quality brands such as : D'Addario,GHS,ErnieBall,DR,Elixir etc.
Try more of them to see what you like the best. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 30 2008, 10:05 PM
Instructor
GHS Boomers are decent quality strings - they do not break easily and last a decent period of time. I think they have some standard in quality despite the price (which is small..). Good quality strings are Dean Markley Signature and Blue Steel Series, and ELixir's, but htey are sure expensive...

My suggestion is to stay away from Daddario XL's, as they quality may vary from set to set. That is my experience, I hope it'll help...

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Jan 30 2008, 10:05 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 30 2008, 11:34 PM
Instructor
domestic /yamaha extra light/fender USA ....finally its depend about the your neck and briedge

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 31 2008, 12:36 AM
If you break a string and they are all kinda new, do you just replace the broken one or all of them? I usually replace all of them, just wondering what some other people do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jan 31 2008, 12:41 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Jan 30 2008, 03:15 AM) *
Tonight i was all warmed up and in the zone, learning a lesson when i heard snap... I broke the top e string and have no back-up strings... You better believe tomorrow im gonna buy 3 or 4 packs.. I was wondering what everyones favorite brand of strings are? Right now i have S.I.T. strings on my guitar, but i usually get GHS guitar boomers.. dry.gif

go to Webstrings www.webstrings.com

Cheap and high quality strings. I've been using them for a while now and no complaints here.

This post has been edited by SDMF75: Jan 31 2008, 12:42 AM

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 31 2008, 12:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 30 2008, 10:05 PM) *
Good quality strings are Dean Markley Signature and Blue Steel Series, and ELixir's, but htey are sure expensive...

My suggestion is to stay away from Daddario XL's, as they quality may vary from set to set. That is my experience, I hope it'll help...

I tried Dean Markley and didn't like them at all, same goes for Blue Steel BUT i have to agree with you on D'Addario. I've been using them for years now and every now and than i notice a pack of strings which is totally different from the rest judging by quality and the intonation....

Next time i buy strings i'll go for Boomers - just have to try those smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
steve25
Jan 31 2008, 12:55 AM
I use D'Addario always have done they suit me well and they're pretty strong so i've no reason to try any others really

+Quote Post
bsamn
Jan 31 2008, 01:17 AM
I actually dunno, how much the strings make a difference really.
I mean i used to use D'addario, coz well i thought they were the only ones available where i live (lack of good music stores sad.gif ), but where i used to get my strings is a very crowded area, and getting ur car there, well its always was a mess going alone, no parking etc. So i went to another area, and well to my surprise, with parking there was a place the sells strings as well, but the only ones i could find in a 10 and 9 were dean markley blue steel. Well i have used them for more than month, longer than D'addario and they have still lasted quite long. Coz normally nowadays my strings go bad very quick 3-4 weeks tops.
Anyway what im getting at here is that Dean markley's have lasted longer than D'addario but thats about all that i have found, not much or anything to do with sound.

This post has been edited by bsamn: Jan 31 2008, 01:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 31 2008, 01:25 AM
I usually use Elixirs, I like the steel, they have great tone and a long life.

This post has been edited by swingline: Jan 31 2008, 01:25 AM

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 31 2008, 01:28 AM
D'Addario all the way. I wouldn't use anything else as they are pretty much impossible to snap. Ernie Balls are like cheese string and break easy, Fender strings are cheap and rubbish, Elixir are pretty good. But that is my opinion obviously. Everybody thinks differently. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 31 2008, 07:03 AM
I went out and bought a couple packs of Ernie Ball Hybrid Strings and so far im happy with them... The sound is nice and they are holding up nice, so far..

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-222...ode=1&qso=2

It was my first time changing strings on my new guitar with the Floyd Rose, what a pain in the butt.. Hopefully it will get easier and faster the more i do it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 31 2008, 07:15 AM
Instructor
There are severals threads about how to change strings on floating bridge easily,
just browse a bit more,I'm sure you'll find many hints. smile.gif

About breaking the strings and replacing,one or all of them.
In my case I replace strings even before single breaking,they just get too dirty and lose brightness...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:09 PM