2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Guess who my new guitar teacher is????, RUSTY COOLEY
Fender23strat
Feb 13 2007, 12:31 AM
GMC:er
Oh yeah. I got off the waiting list and had my first lesson with Rusty today. Wow i'm so stoked. He's a really great teacher. And an amazing guitarist. IT"S AWESOME!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 13 2007, 12:43 AM
Instructor
Oh maaaaaaan! Awesome - congratulations!!! I wish i could have one hour of lesson with him!

Tell him that he is the main influence of the guitar instructor at GMC! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Congrats!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Screech1989
Feb 13 2007, 01:12 AM
Holy crap, how'd you manage that?

+Quote Post
Fender23strat
Feb 13 2007, 01:16 AM
Haha alright Pavel I'll be sure and tell him.

I guess some kid dropped out of lessons and I got to jump in his spot. Although I don't know why you'd stop taking lessons from him lol. But whatever i'm happy.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 13 2007, 01:19 AM
Instructor
Hey can you tell us what kind of stuff are you working on with him (if it's not a secret) and how is the lesson actually going on?

Please give us some details!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Feb 13 2007, 01:27 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Fender23strat
Feb 13 2007, 03:38 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 12 2007, 06:19 PM) *
Hey can you tell us what kind of stuff are you working on with him (if it's not a secret) and how is the lesson actually going on?

Please give us some details!

Actually Pavel, Rusty and I were going to start a Top Secret Shred Mission, which no one can know about or else we have to kill them. LOL Just kidding

Ya sure that's a good idea.

Well for this week he got to know me. Then taught me the G major scale and all of it's modes. Basic theory stuff.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 13 2007, 08:47 AM
GMC Founder
WOW! blink.gif Yes if you kept us updated on what kind of stuff (especially speed exercises wink.gif ) you are working on - that would be really, really interesting!

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Feb 13 2007, 02:48 PM
QUOTE (Fender23strat @ Feb 13 2007, 02:38 AM) *
Well for this week he got to know me. Then taught me the G major scale and all of it's modes. Basic theory stuff.

Lol, lessons with the fastest shredder in the world and you did theory!

I'd advise learning as much theory as you can in your time outside of lessons then you can save "Rusty Time" for intense shred practice!

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Feb 13 2007, 10:38 PM
who is rusty? what band does he play in?

+Quote Post
Fender23strat
Feb 14 2007, 01:56 AM
yes i was going to try and learn as much theory as possible outside of lessons. I'm going to really take this serious and hopefully i will see major results. and yes I will keep everyone posted on what new things i'm learning and all the goods. By the way if you've heard about his new guitar it's nothing until you actually see it then it's freaking amazing. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mark Schiewe
Feb 14 2007, 02:09 AM
Where do you live man?

--------------------
Just remember, the last name is pronounced she-we

IPB Image My baby :)

+Quote Post
Fender23strat
Feb 14 2007, 02:10 AM
I live in Houston Texas.

+Quote Post
Screech1989
Feb 14 2007, 02:59 AM
QUOTE (Fender23strat @ Feb 14 2007, 01:10 AM) *
I live in Houston Texas.

I live in the DFW area, any chance he could take a drive up here? tongue.gif

By the way, how much does he charge?

This post has been edited by Screech1989: Feb 14 2007, 03:00 AM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 14 2007, 12:17 PM
Lets go fishing!
Congrats!!! but im ashamed to say i dont know who he is laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 14 2007, 12:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fender23strat @ Feb 14 2007, 01:56 AM) *
yes i was going to try and learn as much theory as possible outside of lessons. I'm going to really take this serious and hopefully i will see major results. and yes I will keep everyone posted on what new things i'm learning and all the goods. By the way if you've heard about his new guitar it's nothing until you actually see it then it's freaking amazing. biggrin.gif

Is the guitar worth waiting the whole year until it's available in stores?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fender23strat
Feb 14 2007, 10:32 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 14 2007, 05:39 AM) *
Is the guitar worth waiting the whole year until it's available in stores?

Well in my opinion definitley, especially if your gonna use it for shredding : )
If you haven't seen this video check it out he talks about it, the one in the video is just a prototype though. His looks so much cooler.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_j4Gsd7UmpM

And to Screech: He only teaches at Music Go Round on I-45 across from the Woodlands. He costs 120 dollars per month i.e. 4 lessons.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 14 2007, 10:47 PM
Instructor
Yeah i have seen all the videos of the guitar, it's awesome but i am not even sure i'll be able to get it in Europe... at least not for the next year sad.gif

I was also thinking about the new Ibanez RG2228 (8 string model) but i will wait for a few months and contact DEAN to find out when is RC-7 coming to stores!

Thx for the info!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 14 2007, 11:50 PM
Um, did anybody notice that video was from Instrumental Case?

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Fender23strat
Feb 15 2007, 12:15 AM
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Feb 14 2007, 04:50 PM) *
Um, did anybody notice that video was from Instrumental Case?

O haha i didn't notice that. Well that's cool thanks Instrumental Case!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 15 2007, 12:35 AM
Instructor
I didn't notice that either! When i first saw the video i was so amazed by the guitar - i didn't even look at the comments, title and poster!

GREAT JOB MAN!!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:56 PM