> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Kevin Ginns - Blue Note In A (attempt#1)
Blue Note In 'A'
Score/Grade
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

kevvyg
Apr 4 2010, 06:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Link to Original Lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/blue-note-in-a/

My Take:

Equipment Used:

Hohner custom Guitar
Boss ME5 Effects Unit
Kodak EasyShare CX7430 Digital Camera
Peavey 12W Practice Amp

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Apr 11 2010, 11:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 5 2010, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Sounds very good. I think almost all the notes were played properly, and the timing wasn't bad either. Two things that I think you need to work more on are picking dynamics and vibrato. Sometimes you need to accent some notes here and there with a bit harder picking, and vibrato needs to be more wider, more precise, stronger.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 7 2010, 09:20 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
For me video and sound are not in sync, but since we are talking about your playing here and not your vidoe skills I will give you an 8 smile.gif Your take was pretty good, I also think that you should work on your phrasing and your vibrato though, the vibrato is not strong enough and your phrasing is not really there, you play everything with the same intensity, try to vary this a bit and emphasize certain notes.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Apr 8 2010, 10:59 PM
Instructor
Hi, it sounds nice.
However you should check the ohrasing as you are playing kinda plain, try to emphasize "target" notes marking them.
Pay atention whn repeating notes or rhythms as dynamics should change.
Pay atention to the endings of each phrase where you should make a decision on how your ending there.
Have fun!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 9 2010, 05:00 AM
GMC:er
Relax man!! You're playing like a midi machine!! Hahaha. Try to relax and you'll note that all the accents will come out alone. And I think that it will solve your vibrato mistake. But don't worry, you're doing pretty good!!

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 10 2010, 04:00 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.5 on this one, pass!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:34 AM