> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Metalhead's Journey #1, Lesson by Gerbino
Brandon Burch
Grade me
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
9 [ 5 ] ** [83.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6

thefireball
Jan 9 2011, 01:08 AM
Learning Roadie
Metalhead's Journey #1 Lesson is by Lian Gerbino

I recorded this with my Jackson SLSMG. My tone is from my VOX VT 30 and I controlled how much gain I wanted with my volume pedal.

I used Negative Shadows effect for the video.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jan 16 2011, 05:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 10 2011, 04:33 PM
Instructor
Very good. Since the piece is relatively easy, you should try to do it a bit more tighter, some changes didn't come out that tight, like 0.45 you rushed slightly. I like the attitude!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 11 2011, 03:50 PM
Instructor
Brilliant.. near perfect. Just a couple of places where it sounded a little in front of the beat but nothing major. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2011, 06:06 PM
GMC:er
Still rushing just a tad here and there as the guys mentioned. But maybe record and watch a few before selecting the one to upload. Also, can you hear ok when recording? Poor monitoring can result is rushing/lagging. I really liked the horns high hand signal smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 12 2011, 12:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very solid take. Since this is all about rhythm - try to playing a little bit tighter with the backing and drums.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jan 12 2011, 03:13 PM
Instructor
awesome take man!!! love the hair!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Jan 13 2011, 02:08 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Great take, man!

What I'd add to all is try to change the power chords a bit faster. There's a small part when you accidentaly hit a chord a fret lower and immediately slide up to the right one. Since this is an easy lesson, you thought you nailed it, and I'm sure you did, but you've lost your focus.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2011, 04:34 PM
GMC:er
Really great take! Your use of palm muting versus open striking of the strings is very good here. Your technique is quite good on this and very much under control and quite musical. Congrats smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 14 2011, 03:49 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.8 on this take man, good job!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:22 PM