3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Student Collaboration, Game of thrones, medieval metal melody needed
Patrik Berg
Dec 1 2012, 02:25 PM
GMC:er
Hey everyone,

I made this recording and thought it might be fun to do a collaboration with anyone willing to submit a take. This piece is in the key of B minor and travels through some chord changes within the key.

II: Bm-F#m-A-Bm :II: G-D-Em-Bm-G-Bm,F#m-Bm :II Bm II are the chord progressions.

Originally the melody is played quite slow however, there is room to move so go nuts if you feel like it. If you wish to participate then upload your takes both with and without the backing track. The track goes for one minute so it is quite long however I don't expect you to make a whole melody, you can just add one part to the bit that you like or feel comfortable with.

This is my first collaboration so be gentle biggrin.gif I may chop up your takes and drop them in haphazardly to suite but I guarantee you one thing, the Lanisters will grovel for mercy by the end of it. mad.gif

Saturday the 15th Dec will be the final day as the festive season looms and my family and friends need to be attended too. Hope you enjoy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Game_of_thrones_Collab.mp3 ( 1.84MB ) Number of downloads: 257

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 2 2012, 05:15 AM
Here is a soundcloud link

https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/gmc-st...game-of-thrones

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 2 2012, 05:39 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Well done! I'll probably try something over this.

This also makes me yurn for Season 3. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 2 2012, 05:44 AM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 2 2012, 04:39 AM) *
Well done! I'll probably try something over this.

This also makes me yurn for Season 3. biggrin.gif

Thanks DeGroot, Yeah I can't wait for season three and your take smile.gif

Pat

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 2 2012, 10:21 AM
AWESOME!!!! smile.gif I'm in!!!!

This is a really great backing. I can't wait to take a crack at it!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Dec 1 2012, 08:25 AM) *
Hey everyone,

I made this recording and thought it might be fun to do a collaboration with anyone willing to submit a take. This piece is in the key of B minor and travels through some chord changes within the key.

II: Bm-F#m-A-Bm :II: G-D-Em-Bm-G-Bm,F#m-Bm :II Bm II are the chord progressions.

Originally the melody is played quite slow however, there is room to move so go nuts if you feel like it. If you wish to participate then upload your takes both with and without the backing track. The track goes for one minute so it is quite long however I don't expect you to make a whole melody, you can just add one part to the bit that you like or feel comfortable with.

This is my first collaboration so be gentle biggrin.gif I may chop up your takes and drop them in haphazardly to suite but I guarantee you one thing, the Lanisters will grovel for mercy by the end of it. mad.gif

Saturday the 15th Dec will be the final day as the festive season looms and my family and friends need to be attended too. Hope you enjoy.

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 2 2012, 12:33 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 2 2012, 09:21 AM) *
AWESOME!!!! smile.gif I'm in!!!!

This is a really great backing. I can't wait to take a crack at it!!!

Todd

Thanks Todd, Im looking forward to a clip of your imagination smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2012, 01:06 AM
I'm going to feature my solo bits and this collab in this Saturdays Video Chat Metal Meltdown. I think folks will love it!

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Dec 2 2012, 06:33 AM) *
Thanks Todd, Im looking forward to a clip of your imagination smile.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 4 2012, 01:44 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 4 2012, 12:06 AM) *
I'm going to feature my solo bits and this collab in this Saturdays Video Chat Metal Meltdown. I think folks will love it!

Great! Thank you Todd for your assistance with this, I'll have to make sure to join in, the ideas you had in the last video chat would be perfect technique to use for this backing track, the alt picking triplets.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 5 2012, 10:30 AM
Instructor
wink.gif I might throw in some celtic vibes in this one too biggrin.gif So 15th of December it is smile.gif I'm trying to come up with something till then!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 5 2012, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Great initiative! I will try to create something over it to be part of the collab. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 5 2012, 07:51 PM
Can't wait to hear what you come up with Cosmin!!! Welcome aboard!

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 5 2012, 04:30 AM) *
wink.gif I might throw in some celtic vibes in this one too biggrin.gif So 15th of December it is smile.gif I'm trying to come up with something till then!

Awesome! smile.gif This is gonna RAWWWKKK!!!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 5 2012, 10:02 AM) *
Great initiative! I will try to create something over it to be part of the collab. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 6 2012, 08:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 5 2012, 06:51 PM) *
Can't wait to hear what you come up with Cosmin!!! Welcome aboard!

Thanks Todd, I'm a big fab of GOT so, the pleasure will be all mine smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 7 2012, 10:54 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Well, here is a preview of my take. smile.gif I will send you a file with a better mix soon. Hope you guys like it.

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/game-of-thrones-metal-theme

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 8 2012, 08:18 AM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 7 2012, 09:54 PM) *
Well, here is a preview of my take. smile.gif I will send you a file with a better mix soon. Hope you guys like it.

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/game-of-thrones-metal-theme

Awesome, thanks for that Degroot. Love the speed runs through there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 8 2012, 08:19 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Dec 8 2012, 07:18 AM) *
Awesome, thanks for that Degroot. Love the speed runs through there.

Thanks Pat. I have a new version. I recorded the leads over and added some stuff. Wanted to tie the ending together in a more epic fashion.

Enjoyed playing over your track. Look forward to hearing your take and others ones too. Now I can't get this track out of my head. smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/game-of-thrones-metal-version

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 8 2012, 09:32 PM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 8 2012, 07:19 PM) *
Thanks Pat. I have a new version. I recorded the leads over and added some stuff. Wanted to tie the ending together in a more epic fashion.

Enjoyed playing over your track. Look forward to hearing your take and others ones too. Now I can't get this track out of my head. smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/game-of-thrones-metal-version

Love it, I did have an arpeggio workout in mind to go with this but with my recent run in with a grinder cut off wheel the tip of my left index finger is out of action for a while sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 9 2012, 06:46 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Dec 8 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Love it, I did have an arpeggio workout in mind to go with this but with my recent run in with a grinder cut off wheel the tip of my left index finger is out of action for a while sad.gif

Damn, sorry to hear about that man. Hopefully this won't keep you out of action for too long.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 9 2012, 09:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Dec 8 2012, 08:32 PM) *

Hehe DG, looks like Malmsteen just came in to teach those pesky Lanisters a thing or two about shredding laugh.gif Great take mate!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 9 2012, 04:17 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Thanks Cosmin. Who's Malmsteen? Never heard of him. laugh.gif

Check out this modern minstrel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 10 2012, 08:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 9 2012, 03:17 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin. Who's Malmsteen? Never heard of him. laugh.gif

Check out this modern minstrel.

Very nice mate! Thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:51 PM