Speed Shuffle / Swing / Fusion Inspiration Research
Darius Wave
Sep 5 2013, 06:26 PM
Instructor
Hi guys...this time I'll feel like a student for a while smile.gif I decided to improve my fast shuffle beats improvisation skills. I'm looking for some precise song You could recomend as a reference. It's mostly about some rock'n'roll grooves but I just caught myself being not satisfied of my skills at this field. What would You recomend to study...I need to get some new juicy licks for this kind of playing so I could change my thinking and be a ble to make further developement smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
klasaine
Sep 6 2013, 05:49 PM
GMC:er
'Hideaway' - Freddie King (the classic rock blues shuffle that started the second wave of brit blues rockers)

'Say What You Will' - Fastway

'Swing with a Sting' - Brent Mason

'Rude Mood' - SRV
'Collins Shuffle' - SRV

'Orange Blossom Special' - Hellacasters

'Satch Boogie' - Satriani

'Lazy' - Deep Purple (live in Japan) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFqPMzFV5fM *It kicks in at about 4:12

'Highway 61 Revisited' - Johnny Winter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jouve
Sep 6 2013, 06:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice list Klasaine!

Full of nice licks cool.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 6 2013, 10:09 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys! I'll get through this and try to find some inspirations smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 7 2013, 05:49 PM
Instructor
I did some research I found the most important word I forgot...Boogie smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 7 2013, 06:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 7 2013, 06:49 PM) *

So, so, so cool! cool.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 7 2013, 06:37 PM
I'm the One - Van Halen

Groove or Die - Andy Timmons

Anyways, something I like to do when I have to get better at shuffle is just take any of my favorite riffs or so and play it in a shuffle, that's always fun, or your favorite licks, sometimes play a lick then play it again but in a shuffle, great exercise (imo) smile.gif

Can't really think of more up-tempo rock groovie, shuffle, boogie songs at the moment.

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 10 2013, 01:09 AM
Instructor
Thanx for posting. I'm afraid those are not still the kind of shuffle I'm looking for. I try to dig some guys that have more pianiano-like jazz/fusion approaches to it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 10 2013, 07:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 7 2013, 04:49 PM) *

This sounds good wink.gif

Start at 1:20 smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Sep 10 2013, 08:10 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 10 2013, 09:40 AM
Instructor
Yep Roy is cool but he's "too country" instead of more jazz/fusion concepts I'm looking for. I have some phrases in my mind but it's so damn hard to precise the style, the player...

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 10 2013, 12:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 10 2013, 08:40 AM) *
Yep Roy is cool but he's "too country" instead of more jazz/fusion concepts I'm looking for. I have some phrases in my mind but it's so damn hard to precise the style, the player...

I guess is very hard to say exactly the style. But I have an idea, when something it's hard to explain, let yours skills to talk wink.gif
You can record a short lick with what you have in mind and after that, maybe it will be much easier to find exactly the style, songs and players for your looking and your taste smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 10 2013, 01:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 7 2013, 05:32 PM) *

So, so, so cool! cool.gif

Thank mate! This is probably closer to what i search for smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 10 2013, 05:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 10 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Thank mate! This is probably closer to what i search for smile.gif

Can't go wrong with Chick Corea. It's a bit of a slow boogie I guess, but it was what sprung to mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 10 2013, 05:22 PM
Instructor
Don't feel boogie in this particular tune but indeed the type of playing combined with some shuffle mood would be close to what I search for

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 10 2013, 05:28 PM
Since all of us here have posted about every kind of guitar shuffle/boogie that exists you're gonna have to just rely on your own instincts and make up your own. That's part of being an artist my friend. Maybe what you hear doesn't exist yet? That's a good thing!

*Is there at least one example that you can post for us?

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 10 2013, 05:30 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 10 2013, 05:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Better? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 10 2013, 05:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 10 2013, 05:49 PM
Boogie Stop Shuffle.
It doesn't get any more boogie and shuffle than this not too mention jazzy and a lot of great piano playing.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 10 2013, 10:43 PM
Instructor
Ken - that's the worst thing...I searching for some piano smothness in the playing...I mean dense legato playing with lots of chromatics and more fast triplet feel , less usuall guitar bahavior...I was trying to get some help from You because I couldn't fing any correct example...and wanted to go this direction... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 11 2013, 01:33 AM
Not sure if this is something you would be looking for, but just trying smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 11 2013, 02:12 AM
Try looking into Scott Henderson.
Maybe Mike Stern has a fast fusion shuffle. DiMeola?

Here's some Dixie Dregs (country prog) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgqI_J1ZxwE

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:53 AM