His Words Should Be Our Guitar Creed
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2011, 04:42 PM
Instructor
I will say nothing because there is nothing else left to be said smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 27 2011, 04:51 PM
GMC:er
Love how in 1 min, you gain enough information to be a guitar god and a great musician xD. love da man!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jun 27 2011, 04:51 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2011, 04:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 27 2011, 03:51 PM) *
Love how in 1 min, you gain enough information to be a guitar god and a great musician xD. love da man!

Thatțs EXACTLY the idea biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2011, 05:29 PM
Instructor
3 excellent and fundamental tips for every musician... Guthrie is so great! thanks for sharing Cosmin!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2011, 05:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 27 2011, 04:29 PM) *
3 excellent and fundamental tips for every musician... Guthrie is so great! thanks for sharing Cosmin!

Always a pleasure! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 27 2011, 06:18 PM
Instructor
I still feel lot of humility in Guthrie's words & attitude, maybe tip #4...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 27 2011, 08:10 PM
Instructor
Nicely said, although I believe he spent LOTS of time with the metronome! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jun 27 2011, 09:43 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thank's for sharing. This man is a god and he's so down to earth biggrin.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2011, 09:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stephane Lucarelli @ Jun 27 2011, 05:18 PM) *
I still feel lot of humility in Guthrie's words & attitude, maybe tip #4...

It is indeed one like Guthrie who would definitely have to talk about tip number 4 smile.gif he is indeed humble, friendly and a very, very nice man to talk to. Good addition Stephane!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jun 27 2011, 10:16 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 27 2011, 08:10 PM) *
Nicely said, although I believe he spent LOTS of time with the metronome! smile.gif

Hah, you'd think that, but:
"No, I don’t have that kind of attention span – I couldn’t sit there with just a metronome for company, clicking away. Whenever I’ve found that I can’t do something, I’ve slowed it down to look at the mechanics of it and to see if there’s anything wrong with the way I’m trying play it. If there is, then I’ll work on correcting that, and then the speed thing will generally sort itself out sooner or later. Rather than the metronome ritual, what I’ve always tried to do is just play along with real music. With music you like and enjoy listening to, the chances are it’s going to be in time, so you’ve got your built in metronome there; also, real music has groove, it has a dynamic element you can respond to, it has chords you can play over. I’d always rather jam along to the radio or an album than a soulless click. Some people, I guess, enjoy that weight training/gym philosophy of punishing themselves with scale exercises, and that’s great – it’s just never appealed to me."

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 27 2011, 11:02 PM
Instructor
Wisely speaks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 28 2011, 01:25 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Guitarists would have the shortest bible in the world. 3 Commandments from the prophet guthrie govan.

+Quote Post
Gary
Jun 28 2011, 04:14 AM
I have been listening to quite a few of his videos lately. He is an amazing, humble, and intelligent teacher. Got me thinking of how incredible it would be to take music lessons from him...talk about progress smile.gif

Gary

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 28 2011, 08:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Jun 27 2011, 11:16 PM) *
Hah, you'd think that, but:
"No, I don’t have that kind of attention span – I couldn’t sit there with just a metronome for company, clicking away. Whenever I’ve found that I can’t do something, I’ve slowed it down to look at the mechanics of it and to see if there’s anything wrong with the way I’m trying play it. If there is, then I’ll work on correcting that, and then the speed thing will generally sort itself out sooner or later. Rather than the metronome ritual, what I’ve always tried to do is just play along with real music. With music you like and enjoy listening to, the chances are it’s going to be in time, so you’ve got your built in metronome there; also, real music has groove, it has a dynamic element you can respond to, it has chords you can play over. I’d always rather jam along to the radio or an album than a soulless click. Some people, I guess, enjoy that weight training/gym philosophy of punishing themselves with scale exercises, and that’s great – it’s just never appealed to me."

Woow, those are wise words, can't argue with great Guthrie *bow* smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JD_
Jun 28 2011, 03:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Very usefull info to be reminded of, thanks for sharing mate...,,. cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 28 2011, 03:33 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 28 2011, 01:25 AM) *
Guitarists would have the shortest bible in the world. 3 Commandments from the prophet guthrie govan.

And God Guthrie said "Let there be shred and there was and he saw that it was good!!"
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2011, 04:46 PM
Instructor
After that He said ' let there be bending' and there was bending smile.gif))))))

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 29 2011, 12:21 PM
And so shalt thou bend for ever more!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:21 AM