Request: Octave Chords
MattE
Jul 17 2007, 10:19 PM
GMC:er
So, I remember seeing octave chords being used in Sean's Metal Breakdown lesson, but there really wasnt a good description of how to play them, ect ect

And I must admit, it's a skill that would be useful to have

Lessons? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 17 2007, 10:20 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (MattE @ Jul 17 2007, 05:19 PM) *
So, I remember seeing octave chords being used in Sean's Metal Breakdown lesson, but there really wasnt a good description of how to play them, ect ect

And I must admit, it's a skill that would be useful to have

Lessons? biggrin.gif

And exercises - I can play them individually, but putting them together to form a melody is hard sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 17 2007, 10:31 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 17 2007, 04:20 PM) *
And exercises - I can play them individually, but putting them together to form a melody is hard sad.gif

Yeah tell me about it. I have came up with a little intro that is pretty cool, but mixing them in the middle is a totally differnet story sad.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 17 2007, 10:50 PM
Instructor
Ok i think i can make a lesson on that! Just as Andrew said - to build a piece based on octave "chords" - those are not actually chords because a chord must contain at least 3 notes. So this is actually an octave! Ok guys i'll work on it! But first i have to finish another lesson! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 17 2007, 10:51 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 17 2007, 04:50 PM) *
Ok i think i can make a lesson on that! Just as Andrew said - to build a piece based on octave "chords" - those are not actually chords because a chord must contain at least 3 notes. So this is actually an octave! Ok guys i'll work on it! But first i have to finish another lesson! smile.gif

Your just popping them out left and right now biggrin.gif. Its nice not having anymore tests huh!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 17 2007, 10:58 PM
Instructor
Well i am not actually popping them out....but this next idea is great and i already talked about it with Kris! It will be a surprise! smile.gif I plan to finish it by the end of this week so i can jump on octaves lesson for next week!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 17 2007, 11:11 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 17 2007, 05:58 PM) *
Well i am not actually popping them out....but this next idea is great and i already talked about it with Kris! It will be a surprise! smile.gif I plan to finish it by the end of this week so i can jump on octaves lesson for next week!

Hey Pavel, you know why I am asking this don't you? Two words ... Tender Surrender smile.gif

Actually, Manhattan as well ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 17 2007, 11:13 PM
Instructor
Yeah Andrew no probs! JEM owners think the same! hahahaha wink.gif

Get back to practice and leave this lesson to me wink.gif I'll work on making a good one although i think you already know how to do it so i'll just work on a melodic part of it!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 17 2007, 11:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 17 2007, 11:16 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 17 2007, 06:13 PM) *
Yeah Andrew no probs! JEM owners think the same! hahahaha wink.gif

Get back to practice and leave this lesson to me wink.gif wink.gif I'll work on making a good one!

You are a good person Pavel smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 18 2007, 12:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 18 2007, 12:16 AM) *
You are a good person Pavel smile.gif

Thanks Andrew!

It's a real compliment! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 18 2007, 12:22 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 17 2007, 06:17 PM) *
Thanks Andrew!

It's a real compliment! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Hmm is it going to be a in the style of Vai. I know you cant say, but it doesnt hurt to guess tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 18 2007, 02:41 AM
nice cant wait for that one to come out...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 18 2007, 02:55 AM
QUOTE (Anastasio123 @ Jul 17 2007, 08:41 PM) *
nice cant wait for that one to come out...

If only it was the truth, but who knows. We will get one eventually if the one pavel is working on isnt that. Im sure of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 18 2007, 04:29 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jul 17 2007, 09:55 PM) *
If only it was the truth, but who knows. We will get one eventually if the one pavel is working on isnt that. Im sure of it.

What? I'm confused... are you saying I'm lying, that Pavel is inconsitent, or just some innocent comment that came out in a weird way. After all, they say 50% of stuff read online is confused into a different malicious meaning.

huh.gif

This post has been edited by Anastasio123: Jul 18 2007, 04:31 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 18 2007, 11:46 AM
Instructor
Yeah i am also confused by the last post biggrin.gif

Right now i am in progress of work on 2-parts lesson (actually two lessons which are connected).
After that i will do an octave lesson! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 18 2007, 02:33 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 18 2007, 06:46 AM) *

laugh.gif I think it makes sense if you read his last 2 comments together and ignore the intervening one:

Hmm is it going to be a in the style of Vai. I know you cant say, but it doesnt hurt to guess ...

Ryan?

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 18 2007, 09:58 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 18 2007, 08:33 AM) *
laugh.gif I think it makes sense if you read his last 2 comments together and ignore the intervening one:
Ryan?

You got the idea biggrin.gif. Sorry about that guys. Sometimes it happens!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 18 2007, 10:23 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 18 2007, 06:46 AM) *

Right now i am in progress of work on 2-parts lesson (actually two lessons which are connected).
After that i will do an octave lesson! smile.gif

Nice cant wait them! I actually just finished up the Rock Rhythyme and solo 7 lesson. Im liking the Satriana bluesy stuff you put in there Pavel.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:55 PM