(sic) Bridge?, Pedal required?
longjohn
Mar 24 2010, 01:14 AM
GMC:er
After learning one of my favorite songs, (sic), I noticed that it requires a wah-wah pedal for the bridge. And ideas on how to play this without a pedal, and still have it sound okay?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
We're all mad here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 24 2010, 01:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
just play it!

The wah pedal only boosts or cuts a certain frequency range depending on the position of the footswitch, the notes aren't altered in pitch - play the bridge like it's written in the tab and don't worry about the part sounding a little diffrent without the effect on it. What matters is that it's played correctly, everything else is just decoration!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 24 2010, 05:29 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Zakk is right. You should play it as its played. You can't emulate the wah sound, but if you play the right notes it will sound ok.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Mar 24 2010, 05:44 PM
GMC:er
A free way to make your sound change for that section of the music is to flip your pickup selector for that part. If you were playing, for example, on the bridge pickup, then flip it to neck for that part of the song.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:44 AM