Ibanez Rg8 Low End, Showcase and new song
thefireball
Apr 3 2013, 03:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys. So a lot of you know I purchased my first 8-string recently. It is a pretty awesome guitar for the price. We can discuss details if you want in the comments below. My first playthrough thread was a song from my band's upcoming debut EP. I didn't really hit the 8th string in that video. So I made a track where most of the time I was! rolleyes.gif But it's not boring as you would think. Even though the track is djenty, the chorus is uplifting and full of melody. A friend told me it sounded like Intervals. smile.gif That's a humbling compliment because they are a great band!

The only other video I made with my new 8-string to date is my April Fools' joke.
Once again, you can download my preset I used here.

Brandon wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 3 2013, 03:09 PM
GMC:er
Nice playing, man.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 3 2013, 03:14 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (dark dude @ Apr 3 2013, 08:09 AM) *
Nice playing, man.

Been a while, Dark Dude! smile.gif 'course, i hadn't been here regularly anyway. Thanks!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 4 2013, 09:55 AM
Instructor
Hey Brandon! I like the composition and the tone a lot, but mate, I do have the impression that the guitar may be either a bit out of tune - I can hear it in the bended riff sections, or the bends are not in pitch? Just an observation, in order to bring this tune to its shining glory! Do you have any vocal lines yet?

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 4 2013, 04:05 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 4 2013, 02:55 AM) *
Hey Brandon! I like the composition and the tone a lot, but mate, I do have the impression that the guitar may be either a bit out of tune - I can hear it in the bended riff sections, or the bends are not in pitch? Just an observation, in order to bring this tune to its shining glory! Do you have any vocal lines yet?

oh, I know what you're talking about. That's me - too lazy to get it perfect for this recording. I do agree it needs to be fixed. Thanks, Cos. wink.gif Nah this is just an instrumental test. But who knows about the future. smile.gif

This post has been edited by thefireball: Apr 4 2013, 04:06 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 5 2013, 07:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Apr 4 2013, 03:05 PM) *
oh, I know what you're talking about. That's me - too lazy to get it perfect for this recording. I do agree it needs to be fixed. Thanks, Cos. wink.gif Nah this is just an instrumental test. But who knows about the future. smile.gif

It may be just a demo, but who knows where your demo might get to? smile.gif Dude, it's something which I struggle with sometimes - record everything like it's meant to be a glorious album. There are moments when I tend to overlook stuff because I am always on the run, but normally, I would pay attention to everything, regardless of the final purpose of the piece.

I suggest this as a habit to everyone smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 6 2013, 03:53 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 5 2013, 12:40 AM) *
It may be just a demo, but who knows where your demo might get to? smile.gif Dude, it's something which I struggle with sometimes - record everything like it's meant to be a glorious album. There are moments when I tend to overlook stuff because I am always on the run, but normally, I would pay attention to everything, regardless of the final purpose of the piece.

I suggest this as a habit to everyone smile.gif

You're right. smile.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
Apr 6 2013, 04:21 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
nice i checked out this thread after, listening to your samples from another thread. good job man your sound and style is similar to a band ive been listening to alot called animals as leaders, guitar player is tobin agasi, not sure if i spelled his name right. lol correction his name is tosin abasi. haha got dyslexic on that one
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by dcz702: Apr 6 2013, 04:29 AM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 6 2013, 02:25 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Apr 5 2013, 09:21 PM) *
nice i checked out this thread after, listening to your samples from another thread. good job man your sound and style is similar to a band ive been listening to alot called animals as leaders, guitar player is tobin agasi, not sure if i spelled his name right. lol correction his name is tosin abasi. haha got dyslexic on that one
biggrin.gif

That's pretty cool - I have heard of them, but never did listen to them. I will have to check it out. smile.gif Thank you!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 7 2013, 12:08 PM
Instructor
Yeah, a definitely 'must check' Brandon! Tosin is regarded as one of the greats nowadays, especially in that style wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:10 AM