2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Line Of Digitech Pedals...
bladzerok
Aug 28 2008, 03:54 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
hey everyone, recently i was on the digitech website and i found out that they came out with a Brand new line of pedals meant to be high quality pedals, with true bypass,all metal housing and high voltage operation (for more headroom huh.gif). they seem pretty cool, but they are not very expensive(about $100 for O.D. with true bypass, metal housing, high voltage operation.ect) so im not sure that they really worth it because i think digitech could have made sound sacrifice to lower the price...

anyway, id love to know what you think about those smile.gif
thank

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Aug 28 2008, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Might be good alternative to boss pedals. They could give some sounds samples on website.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Aug 28 2008, 04:59 PM
GMC:er
Nice, I've never liked Digitech stuff, but these look like an improvement.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 28 2008, 05:29 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Yeah, these looks like an improvement smile.gif

Will have to check them out when they hit the stores smile.gif

thanks for sharing!!!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 28 2008, 05:36 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Looks great! I always thought Digitech had good stuff at good price.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 28 2008, 05:40 PM
Instructor
cool, looks good wink.gif I'd like to try them !!! I'll ask in the shop smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 28 2008, 05:53 PM
Instructor
I had a very bad experience with a digitech pedalboard when I was younger so I think that I won't buy a product from them again... ( dry.gif maybe just a whammy).

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Aug 28 2008, 06:04 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 28 2008, 11:53 AM) *
I had a very bad experience with a digitech pedalboard when I was younger so I think that I won't buy a product from them again... ( dry.gif maybe just a whammy).

I had the same experience... We all called it DigiCrap biggrin.gif

But this looks like it might have some promise...

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Aug 28 2008, 06:11 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Kuba Szafran @ Aug 28 2008, 11:59 AM) *
Might be good alternative to boss pedals. They could give some sounds samples on website.

i think those pedals could be better than boss, with true bypass and metal knobs.
i don't understand why they didn't give some sound samples, they gave some for almost all of their other pedal, if not all!

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Aug 28 2008, 06:29 PM
i used to like my DF 7 but then it started to sound too plasticy or something like that when i got my pod x3 and i thought i didnt need it any more since i got the x3. but now i am looking for one single pedal for portableness with my amp for quick jam sessions instead of carry a massive pedalboard around. and these might be it smile.gif or the thousands of other pedals :S!! the saturator looks quite promising though! anyways i should start my own thread on that lol.
thanks for sharing new info wink.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Aug 28 2008, 07:08 PM
Instructor
Didnt know about these! Looks quite interesting.
Hopefully a local store will import some and i can get the chance to test them out smile.gif

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Aug 28 2008, 07:09 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 28 2008, 07:10 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Cool stuff, true bypass is always great, I wish my crybaby had true bypass!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 28 2008, 07:23 PM
Instructor
These have to be very good in order to compete with other pedals out there. We will see how much they cost and how they sound.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Aug 28 2008, 07:38 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 28 2008, 02:23 PM) *
These have to be very good in order to compete with other pedals out there. We will see how much they cost and how they sound.

here isthe price in US $ from MF

and for the sound, ill wait for sound sample, or even better, hope that local instruments shop will order them laugh.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1

+Quote Post
Wilska
Nov 28 2008, 07:04 PM
Anyone tried any of these pedals yet? The reviews i've read and seen has been very positive and the youtube demos sound pretty good (atleast as far os youtube sound quality goes =/ ). I'm gonna try the metal, tube overdrive and delay pedal next week.
I'll come back with some comments.

--------------------
------ Wilska's Gear ------

Guitars: Gibson Flying V Faded '67, ESP Ltd Alexi 600, Jackson Kelly KE3
Pickups: SD Blackout, Emg 81/85
Amp: Krank Rev Jr Pro
Effects: Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah, Digitech Hardwire CM-2, Digitech Hardwire DL-8, MXR Phase 90
Recording: Blackstar HT-DistX, Line6 Pod X3 Live
Pick: Dunlop Jazz III XL black, Dunlop Ultex Sharp 1.14 and 1.40
Strings: GHS Boomers 10-52, Rotosound 10-46

+Quote Post
inertia
Nov 29 2008, 06:41 AM
Yeah dude, I bought the delay it's awesome, I've heard demos for the metal pedal (tl-2), sounds way better than other metal pedals like the metal muff...the one I'd be most interested in is the distortion, seems like a good alternative to a keeley DS-1, as for the tube overdrive there are just too many good overdrives out there like the tubescreamers, OCD etc i don't think it can really compete, have true bypass is definitely a plus and they are built really rugged
I am also considering the tuner, apparently it's really good as well, want to keep all the pedals on my board true bypass if possible

+Quote Post
Wilska
Nov 29 2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah i'm mostly interested in the delay and the tuner. I'm gonna try the O/D but i'm really interested in the Krankshaft OD, though it's quite a bit more expensive =(

--------------------

Effects: Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah, Digitech Hardwire CM-2, Digitech Hardwire DL-8, MXR Phase 90

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 29 2008, 06:29 PM
QUOTE (bladzerok @ Aug 28 2008, 11:11 AM) *
i think those pedals could be better than boss, with true bypass and metal knobs.
i don't understand why they didn't give some sound samples, they gave some for almost all of their other pedal, if not all!

They have sound samples. You just have to find them.

Here's a link. http://www.digitech.com/products/Hardwire/.../HWSC-2_MP3.php

tommyboy

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
Wilska
Dec 15 2008, 07:45 PM
I bought the Hardwire cm-2 Tube Overdrive last weekend.
I don't feel I have enough general knowledge to make a true review of it. But here are my impressions:

Extremely well-built, the moment I held it in my hand I was struck by how solid it felt.
Seems to have very good quality components, no hiss ,clicks or unwanted noise at all, no pop or klick when stomping on/off.
Definetly let's your guitars characteristics through. Lots of usefull sounds, sensitive buttons. The voicing switch actually makes it sound like two completely different pedals.

Now, I use this as an extra push on my already distorted tube-amp. I push it on to get some extra harmonics and just insane tones. When I push this on my guitar simply sings.
I've used it a little on my clean channel just to test the pedal as a low-distortion device and in my ears it sounds very nice. Very responsive. Pleasant overdrive.

All in all i'm extremely satisfied and I urge anyone looking for a overdrive pedal to go try this pedal out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 15 2008, 11:03 PM
Instructor
THanks for sharing the experience Wilska, I will definitely check out the new pedal, I saw the whole line in music store in town. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:17 AM