....it Was Gonna Be Brought Up Eventually
rokchik
Aug 16 2007, 09:52 AM
The Dark Canuck
Hey Kris!

I was just wondering....since you've been a busy boy getting all these wonderful updates and new features up and running on GMC, turning an already fantastic site into a totally awesome site, have you had any time to go fishing? biggrin.gif

rok

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Aug 16 2007, 09:53 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 19 2007, 09:51 PM
GMC Founder
Hey Rokchik,

This question in spot on - I haven't done a fishing trip for the last two years.

I should though - nothing gives me as much ideas and inspiration as taking a week of from everything! smile.gif

Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Aug 19 2007, 10:02 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 19 2007, 04:51 PM) *
Hey Rokchik,

This question in spot on - I haven't done a fishing trip for the last two years.

I should though - nothing gives me as much ideas and inspiration as taking a week of from everything! smile.gif

Kris

I was out just last week. Catching the all american CATFISH...mmmmmm good eats biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 20 2007, 01:00 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 19 2007, 05:51 PM) *
Hey Rokchik,

Kris

You definatley should. smile.gif

I'm relatively new to the whole fishing thing but I love it. It is a great feeling when you have a fish hooked and you're reeling it in. Very excilerating. Even if the fish aren't biting its great as it's a time for you to relax and just be. It's just you, the rod, and the water.... but hopefully there is some fish. It's awesome. I have a big trip planned for this coming Labour Day. There are like 10 of us going. The place we go you can probably catch 8-12 lb lake trout. They are monstrous. I did a bit while on vacation but not a lot....I did land a salmon though. Hey if you want you can come with us in two weeks... biggrin.gif Ya just have to make it to Labrador but your welcome to come a long. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sillyman
Aug 20 2007, 01:10 AM
hey kris or anyone wats the biggest fish u eva caught?

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)

+Quote Post
RobM
Aug 20 2007, 01:42 AM
QUOTE (sillyman @ Aug 19 2007, 08:10 PM) *
hey kris or anyone wats the biggest fish u eva caught?

Biggest fish i ever caught was a 48LB Striped bass, I've caught all different sized Stripers but that was the biggest.

I also caught a 22LB bluefish

a 10LB Coho Salmon

I also caught a 12 LB large Mouth bass

And lastly I caught a 4LB Rainbow Trout.

As you can see I used to fish a lot, I loved to fly fish and tie my own flies, but since I became disabled in 1991 I have not gone fishing since. Really bothers me when I go up north to N.H. and can't go fishing any more.

I almost forgot the 12LB laker and 8LB landlocked Salmon, what fighters they are for fresh water fish, wow.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 20 2007, 02:02 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (rokchik @ Aug 19 2007, 08:00 PM) *
You definatley should. smile.gif

I'm relatively new to the whole fishing thing but I love it. It is a great feeling when you have a fish hooked and you're reeling it in. Very excilerating. Even if the fish aren't biting its great as it's a time for you to relax and just be. It's just you, the rod, and the water.... but hopefully there is some fish. It's awesome. I have a big trip planned for this coming Labour Day. There are like 10 of us going. The place we go you can probably catch 8-12 lb lake trout. They are monstrous. I did a bit while on vacation but not a lot....I did land a salmon though. Hey if you want you can come with us in two weeks... biggrin.gif Ya just have to make it to Labrador but your welcome to come a long. biggrin.gif

Not you as well Rok ?? ohmy.gif

Actually I can see the attraction to sitting in a boat or on the shore in a quiet and beautiful place, contemplating your life and future and finding yourslef ... but I would think that actually catching a fish would spoil it all, so if I ever go fishing I'll just put an empty line in the water (no bait) and reap all the other benefits smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 20 2007, 04:05 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 19 2007, 10:02 PM) *
Not you as well Rok ?? ohmy.gif

Actually I can see the attraction to sitting in a boat or on the shore in a quiet and beautiful place, contemplating your life and future and finding yourslef ... but I would think that actually catching a fish would spoil it all, so if I ever go fishing I'll just put an empty line in the water (no bait) and reap all the other benefits smile.gif

LOL Andrew!

Actually I'm very content to sit back with a cold one in hand and just relax too but when you see everyone else catching fish it gets you up pretty quick. I don't know what it is but when that fish is on the line and your fighting to get it in....I really can't explain the feeling. I guess it may be a sense of accomplishment or maybe just that whole primevil hunting and gathering thing. I mean give someone a fish they eat for a meal...teach them to fish blah blah blah. The only thing is I hate seafood tongue.gif

Oh ya biggest fish I ever caught was a 12 lb Arctic Char....I haven't been fishing for very long.

This post has been edited by rokchik: Aug 20 2007, 04:07 AM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 20 2007, 05:51 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (rokchik @ Aug 19 2007, 11:05 PM) *
The only thing is I hate seafood tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (rokchik @ Aug 19 2007, 11:05 PM) *
Oh ya biggest fish I ever caught was a 12 lb Arctic Char....I haven't been fishing for very long.

Sure, sure - it was this big ...

Actually, sounds pretty impressive smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 21 2007, 08:33 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 20 2007, 01:51 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Sure, sure - it was this big ...

Actually, sounds pretty impressive smile.gif

All fishing stories are like that Andrew. But it was a big fish....snapped my rod just as I got it ashore.
Char are usually only about 7-8 lbs at their biggest and are usually not so far inland. The fisheries guy figured it had some good eats going on and followed. But it makes a great story.

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Aug 24 2007, 12:36 AM
Biggest fish i've ever caught was a 16lb red snapper=P i've only gone deep-sea fishing once though=( someone take me fishing, hehe

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:58 AM