Pod Xt For Recording
N4085B
Nov 30 2007, 06:05 AM
GMC:er
Hey Marcus,
I posted this on the gear forums, but thought I'd ask you as well.
I just bought a Podxt and it rocks! But I have a question about recording with it. I downloaded your killer sound patch...and it sounds awesome through the headphones jack. When I hook it up to my DAW using the L & R output jacks it sounds nothing like the output on the headphone jack! So I ran the headphone output into my mixer and it sounds killer again. My question is why does the phone output sound so different than the regular outputs using the same patch?

Thanks in advance,
Jess

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Nov 30 2007, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Hello Jess,

I've never had this problem myself, but I know some other guys who have. You must let your PODxt know what you have connected its output to. Either an amp, or DAW (I think it's called "studio mode" or something like that). Maybe yours is set to "amp" which makes it sound bad when connected to your computer/studio?

For a quick test I think you could just leave the headphones connected, because when the headphones is connected the POD automatically switches to studio mode.

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Nov 30 2007, 10:13 AM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Nov 30 2007, 08:29 AM) *
Hello Jess,

You must let your PODxt know what you have connected its output to. Either an amp, or DAW (I think it's called "studio mode" or something like that). Maybe yours is set to "amp" which makes it sound bad when connected to your computer/studio?

For a quick test I think you could just leave the headphones connected, because when the headphones is connected the POD automatically switches to studio mode.
-Marcus

Yes, that is one thing. There is settings for what you are connecting to but if you plug in your headphones they override that setting. Also in Control Panel there is a Line6 icon with settings for output to the computer. You can select clean output or with different effect chains. They should be default to the "right" setting though.

/edit: Just remembered, if you have the Gearbox application running it can change to ohter defaults than what you have dialed in on the pod. Also there are two buttons in Gearbox, one for tuning and one for ... monitoring? And there are some monitoring settings in Gearbox that affects what you hear on the computer. iirc.

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Nov 30 2007, 11:00 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
N4085B
Nov 30 2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the reply guys! I'll give those ideas a try..I did see the section in the manual about "what are you connected to" but wasn't real clear and I didn't want to screw something up.
Thanks again,
Jess

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Nov 30 2007, 06:06 PM
Instructor
No problem at all! Let us know if it works! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Dec 5 2007, 10:27 PM
Marcus! How do you get a preset from internet to the Pream Of Destiny? (POD) The manual doesn´t want to tell me. And btw, I´m using an X3 live. Is the XT presets usable on the x3, and if not. Do you know of any converter program?

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Dec 5 2007, 10:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mackietao @ Dec 5 2007, 10:27 PM) *
Marcus! How do you get a preset from internet to the Pream Of Destiny? (POD) The manual doesn´t want to tell me. And btw, I´m using an X3 live. Is the XT presets usable on the x3, and if not. Do you know of any converter program?

Hey Mackietao

Here's a great site that has tons of presets: http://line6.com/customtone/library/
I believe PODxt presets is compatible with PODx3 Live, so you shouldn't need a converter program.
I haven't verified it myself, but that's what I've heard! smile.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Dec 5 2007, 11:40 PM
Awsome..!

I looked around at line6 now.. They do not have the line6 edit for X3 yet but it´s possible to transfer via monkey 1.21 so it´s all good =)
big archive btw! Checked your solo sound out too.

/fellow Marcus by name

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
May 29 2008, 11:07 PM
Heres how to do it:

1. Press the TUNE/system button
The tuner will come up
2. Take the select "wheel" and turn till u find what are u connecting to?
3. Press the soft button below ""dest"", it will be marked (if it already is marked, its yellow, and dest is written in black)
4. Effect tweak "wheel", turn it to where u find what u are connecting it to, and tada smile.gif

Hope it will work wink.gif

-Lars

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
besip
May 31 2008, 11:44 PM
whoaa lot of people here is on Podxt..is great to be peace on comunity and sharing lot of setings
i'm will be playning to buy 1 wink.gif actualy i'm lowe Marcus and Kris Nocturnal Vision Lesson sound
i'm was buy couple month ago Toneport ux1 but i'm don't like to play over headphones..the sound is diferent for me like basic sound from amp or speakers{maybe thats becouse my headphones isn't good} i'm not sure..but the bigest problem with my toneport was this..when i'm did try to download some stuff from Line 6 page i'm can't do that becouse i'm have message there about my serial Ux1 number which is say the number is allready on use by somebody else mad.gif

ok now---it's guys possible conect also the Podxt to amp and play over amp ??{until i'm buy speakers}

This post has been edited by besip: May 31 2008, 11:44 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 1 2008, 10:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (besip @ Jun 1 2008, 12:44 AM) *
when i'm did try to download some stuff from Line 6 page i'm can't do that becouse i'm have message there about my serial Ux1 number which is say the number is allready on use by somebody else mad.gif

That's too bad! sad.gif Have you contacted Line 6 about your serial number? if so, what did they say?

QUOTE (besip @ Jun 1 2008, 12:44 AM) *
ok now---it's guys possible conect also the Podxt to amp and play over amp ??{until i'm buy speakers}

Yes, you can connect a PODxt to an amp - as long as you have a clean/not distrorted sound on your amp, it will work fine. I do it all the time smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
besip
Jun 2 2008, 01:39 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Jun 1 2008, 05:11 AM) *
That's too bad! sad.gif Have you contacted Line 6 about your serial number? if so, what did they say?

Yes, you can connect a PODxt to an amp - as long as you have a clean/not distrorted sound on your amp, it will work fine. I do it all the time smile.gif

the say to me nothing. i'm have some recomendations to find somewhau the guy and let him know to put his accout down from some list...And then i'm have another e-mail from Line 6 support which tell me something like sorry we don't know what to do you shoot be probbaly buy new account mad.gif What i'm thing is this the store seling me used stuff..or some smart guy just buy that use the serial number and then return the Toneport to the store...So i'm thing at that time to exchange the UX1 or give them the UX1 back put some more money on table and also sell them my Crappy Marshall MG15 cd and buy new AMP..Becouse i'm totaly don't like the sound from Toneport over Headphones and i'm don't wana be upset again i'm decide to buy new amp...They give me for MG 15 40$+ money from UX1 and i"m was Give them next 180$ and they Give me my VOX-VT 30XL smile.gif

glad to hear that the stuff works also with amp..i'm not sure but somebody on GMC chat tell me the POdxt over AMP don't sound good and recomedet me speakers..willl seee..i'm now out of money and i'm wana buy lot of new gear so i'm neet to take easy tongue.gif

Thanks for your Reply Marcus
Rene

This post has been edited by besip: Jun 2 2008, 01:42 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:48 AM